Big Brother Australia Refusing To Tell A Contestant That Her Father Has Died

Yeah it's about to come on right now... At least it is here... I thought the news channels like fox news and CNN were all on at the same time everywhere LOL...

OK So this is Aussie BB and she went in the house knowing that he was very ill and that he might die while she was in there... They were estranged for many years... His dying wish was that she not be told until she came out of the house...

Emma Cornell - On the Australian version of Big Brother, producers will not tell her about her father's death.

Two audience members tried to write a sign to tell her that her father was dead.

The father's dying wish was to not tell her and let her finish the show.

Mods, you can move this to Big Brother International. Can anyone else find a story on this?

I tried to google it and didn't find much... But here is a letter from her bother...

Emma was aware of the possibility that our dads impending death may occur whilst she was in the Big Brother production. Our dad had been ill for a considerable amount of time and wasn

That was on the BBAU site a week or so ago. This is old news now, but his dying wish was that she not be told until the show was over and then they have another funeral where her father's ashes are buried.

Well it is his dying wish that she not be told, and like they said it was not sudden, she knew it might happen when she was in the house. I am glad he is getting his last wish

But imagine it was you in the house.

Your in there having a good time, enjoying life, then when you come out of the house your Father has been dead for a month.

I would be very upset with BB

cause i would want to go to the funeral

Another post says that they will be having a funeral, after she gets out.

I understand, especially for me, and probably you too, if you are close with your dad, but it doesnt sound like she was close with him. Not only that but she knew he could pass away while she was gone, if they wree close, she shoudlnt have gone into the house

Besides it's not like telling her will make any difference... He's dead, and still will be when she gets out of the house...

Just put him on ice till then....

Well thats not very fair to say, that she should of never went in.. its kinda like on that season of Survivor, i think it was alstars, when the womans mom died.

the reason its not fair is that you have to try to win you and your family money. especailly if there is a chance of saving her dad. and either way everybody could use an extra amount of money

i dont know if i would of went or not, but i probably would have, and it would be tragic if he did die while im in the house, but if you win the money, then it wouldnt be that bad.

now dont get me wrong, im not saying the money is more important, cause im not. its just hard to explain.

I rarely talk with my father and I can understand where she is coming from... I would have gone in the house and to be honest I don't know if it would bother me to come out and find out he had past away... I think maybe it would, but I think for me personally I would have gone through a long session of thinking and talking to the people that matter most in my life BEFORE going in and if I really thought it would bother me I wouldn't have gone in... I think maybe she did think about it long and hard before going in...

Emma is a very strong girl from what I've seen on the live feeds and the show. In her opening video as the show started she stated that she never spoke to her father put attempted to before she went in. She then shrugged and smiled. I think it's for the best that she not be told until she gets out.

Well thats not very fair to say, that she should of never went in.. its kinda like on that season of Survivor, i think it was alstars, when the womans mom died.

the reason its not fair is that you have to try to win you and your family money. especailly if there is a chance of saving her dad. and either way everybody could use an extra amount of money

i dont know if i would of went or not, but i probably would have, and it would be tragic if he did die while im in the house, but if you win the money, then it wouldnt be that bad.

now dont get me wrong, im not saying the money is more important, cause im not. its just hard to explain.

That girl on survivor (blanking on her name) left because her mom was dying of cancer (I believe), and that was her choice to leave. However if it were me and I was close with my dad (which I am) I would not have gone into the house, sorry but the last few days with my dad would be more important. I do agree with King that there is nothing that she can do now, and really he made a big deal about not wanting her to know, so I think its good that they are going with what he wanted.

It sounds like Emma and her Dad had thought about this possibility and came to a personal decision that works for them. I think everyone should have honored her father's wishes and not try to tell her until she is out of the house.

This kinda reminds me of the way people used to buy banner's to fly over the BBUS house. I guess the fans just get so obsessed they feel a need to interject themselves into the HG's personal lives.

Remember BB3 when Monica's cousin was one of the people missing in the WTC? Julie broke protocol to tell her and gave her the option of leaving. From what it sounds like here, Monica was probably a lot closer to her cousin than Emma was to her father.

Of course, the attack on America was so horrific that BB also broke protocol to tell all the remaining HGs about the attacks and showed them some news footage. I think it must have been very hard to stay in those last few days for all the HGs, especially Monica.

Ick, how bothersome that people would project their own beliefs/feelings on someone else to the extent of trying to flash signs or posters. I mean what did these alleged signs say? "Hey Emma, your Dad croaked!"?. Obviously she made a decision before she entered the house, so let her be. If they told her it would either screw up her head or she'd have to leave, so her choice to go in the house when her only recently talking to father was on his deathbed would lose its meaning.

Archived