Hg Age

McKenas

Why does CBS/BB start the houseguest age at 21? I think if they lowered it to 18 that would bring in more of an audience, look how long the Real World and Real world/Road Rules challenge has been going. All the drama and hookups. That would surely bring in the ratings. Besides if they are worried about underage drinking then make it a rule that anyone caught is evicted immediatly! We need more drama in the house!

I think you hit the nail on the head... Underage drinking... I don't think it's worth the hassle's personally...

no, cause you know that they Would drink... and they want the people to drink, get stupid, and make a show, and if they have alot of 18 year olds who cant drink in there, then there wouldnt be as much drama, as if there was drunk people

i mean, look at the whole drunk Janelle v. Beau fight. they wouldnt of happened to the extremity that it did if they hadnt been drinking.

I agree... The most drama is when they are drinking... I mean we have had hookup's in the past on BB and it wasn't as much fun to watch as the drama of the fights when they are drinking...

I don't think alcohol has to do with all the drama... I think it would just bring a more younger crowd to the show. I'm not saying that need to have all 18 yo's but I think it would give us a chance to have a more diverse cast. Sure some of the fights on the RR/RW Challenges are from drunk idiots but more are just because of the whiney girl or I just dont like that bit** attitude! Any I really don't recall to many or even interesting hookups on BB. Think we need some love triangle action so we see even more 2 faced people!

Also maybe this is what we need for the show, remember we are not the most popular and we need to be open to widening our audience or we wont even have a show!

HHHMMM I thought the couple that had sex in the hoh room on camera was very interesting... Guess that was just me... I have "outgrown" the MTV shows I guess...

Oh no, Please I dont want to turn it into MTV, but I think we just need to compare to other shows in general that have been very successful and take apart what works and what might not work with big brother.

Yes me too King and also the Janelle and Michael thing too... I mean I don't know what Janelle was thinking breaking up with someone on national tv... LOL

Me either Marty... I think part of the fun is knowing that these people are truely adults and the stupid things they are doing is something they should know better... hehe

I think we're talking 2 different shows. it'd be fun to have 18-24 year olds in a house like this but that's NOT big brother... I enjoy the dynamic and wish theyd stick some more 30-40-50 year olds in there. I loved Jack, people like him.

My favorite season had the widest age range ever on BB. Michelle was 19 and Jack was older than I am now. Michelle was pretty much fodder for the older people in the house with her ex, David, constantly ridiculing her for not having sex with him and of course Jun's set up with the "pearl necklace" question.

Any younger than 21 it might turn out to be a real world. I think they should do each season by ages....BB8 - 40 y/o, BB9 50 y/o so on and so forth (not so forth because they may be televising from graveyards which might turn out to be more entertaining than the All-Star fiasco)

I too enjoyed jack... if they put older folks on there, the need to be "real" people with some class... no offense to chicken George but more "normal" adults. George was a sweetie but rather different.

"you're allright, Howie" Aluminum suit, anyone????

They finally put someone with a few more years on in the house and he's an oddball. I didn't find his antics funny - pathetic yes, but funny, no. You don't have to be a buffoon to be entertaining after age 40. Yauman certainly wasn't a caricature and he was loved by a lot of twenty-something Survivor viewers.

Archived