Sign in to follow this  
uvp

American Idol Top 2 Finale Live Shows Discussion

Poptart, since when has Idol been a singing competition, she should deninitely win handsdown. I am pulling for Jordan but have this fear tha Blake will win.

I love them both. I'm just so glad do nothing got booted last week

The Show: Blake and Jordin, in alpha order.

I did like their opening duet -- Since I Saw Her/Him Standing There.

But I did notice that Blake seemed to be following Justin's lead.

Not necessarily a bad thing. She's rock solid, he's the flexible one.

(Maybe there's a clue in the original title.)

Stephanie -- how do you spell that --- mehh -- luke warm.

Kelly, tho, rocked it big time.

ETA

8:16 -- Ooooh, awards. Love it. And I remember these people! What fun.

Best Presentation: Margaret Fowler -- the bannana yellow lady, heaven bless 'er.

8:25

Special Arrangement:

I'm Cryin' -- Is that the title? That mellow Baby, Baby works for me, too.

Smokey Robinson -- WOW -- Being With You, I'm Sad, Tears of a Clown

Hey, I don't remember the titles, yet I can't express how much that man's voice has been in my life.

Loved it just as much the second time around.

UPV, I know you are out there. Step it up .... please.

8:33

Okay, let's see Blake do his thing.

Ooooh, lookey , lookey, Blake's got back. Big back.

Now that was hot. Sizzling hot.

Thigh straddlin' in the kitchen, forget about dinner hot.

AI owed him that one.

8:37

Award -- Original Vocal:

Shelandrik? How DO you spell that?

Silent Night? Was that a dig?

Clear, even with the mikes turned down.. The peanut gallery loved it. Me2.

8:45

The Six Girls:

Gladys -- I feel a song. Another oldie. Been dancing to your voice for a long time now, too.

Midnight Train - to a simpler place in time.

"I'd rather live in his world than be without him in mine."

Yup, been there.

8:50

Tony: (Now that's a voice that can still make me swoon.)

For Once in My Life

I won't let sorrow hurt me ...

This is mine, you can't take it...

As long as I know I have love, I can make it.

For once in my life I have someone who needs me

8:53

Best Couple:

(lots of superfluous gay innuendo jokes)

Award: Jonathon and Kenneth

They're making money on their image. Enough said.

8:58

You go, Melinda -

“Hold up for love -

Save the world from darkness.

Hold up the line,

Won't you plesae, America.”

Look at that angel soar.

C'mon, UPV, it's time for the big switch. We either go Lost or we Idol Worship.

What say you? Crappy? king 123, Cajun?

umm.. Green day sucked, Tony Bennett was okay, Bebe, Cece, and Melinda were awesome, love Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson. That's my input. I'm waiting until the show is over to post anymore.

Just got in and I'm watching the borefest that is Taylor Hicks.

One last shout to Jordin!!!!!!!!

ENOUGH!!! JUST ANNOUNCE THE WINNER! They're going over their 2 hour time slot. If you can't get everything in the show in two hours then you should have made the show shorter (maybe cut out smokey robinson and Sanjaya????).

This is the night you have all been waiting for. This is the night you have all been voting for. Will it be the beat boxer from Seattle or the Sweetheart from Phoenix? This is American Idol!

There are over 160,000,000 watching tonight's show around the world, and 3000 here in the Kodak Theatre. After 100,000 auditions in 7 cities, and 49 hours of television, either Blake Lewis or Jordin Sparks will become the next American Idol!

But first, let's say hello to the three people who discovered our finalists, Randy Jackson. Paula Abdul. Simon Cowell. And Ricky Minor and the American Idol Band.

And then it is time for Blake and Jordin to perform an American Idol first: The Beatles on American Idol with I Saw Her Standing There (Imagine was a John Lennon song).

And then it is time to go to Gwen Stefani live, performing 4 In the Morning (4AM).

And then, when we return, the Top Twelve return to American Idol. Yes, that means the return of... Sanjaya!!!

But first, back 5 years after winning the first American Idol, Kelly Clarkson shows her dark side, singing Never Again.

And now it's time for the Golden Idol Awards. The first category is The best presentation award. The nominees are the Martik Manoukian, Isadora Furman and Margaret Fowler. And the winner is, Margaret Flower! Margaret, in full costume, comes to the stage to accept her award. She is on live national TV and her phone starts ringing. Ryan hangs up on the caller as she thanks everyone for everything they have done for her. And she has a little poem for Simon.

I am not going to repeat it, but I am sure you can find transcripts on-line.

And now a special a Capella arrangement by the Top Six Guys. Dressed in white suits, it's Chris, Chris, Phil, Sanjaya, Blake, and Brandon singing Baby, Baby. They are followed by Smokey Robinson singing Being With You followed by Tears Of A Clown, backed up by the Top Six Guys.

Some people complained that Blake did not get to beat box in the final song last night. So next up is Blake Lewis with the original human beat box, Doug E. Fresh.

Next up is the Golden Idol Award for Best Original Vocal. The nominees are Nicholas Zitsman, Sandie Chavez, and Sholandric Stallworth. And the winner is, Sholandric Stallworth. He comes to the stage to accept his award. Ryan has Sholandric sing Silent Night (without a microphone). That's enough. They could hear him up in the cheap seats.

And here are the Top Six Girls, all dressed in white, singing I Heard It On The Grape Vine. It's Jordin, Stephanie, LaKisha, Melinda, Gina and Haley. They are joined by Gladys Knight (looking fab) singing I Feel A Song Again (In My Heart). The Top Six Girls return to back up Ms. Knight in Midnight Train To Georgia.

The next guest is a 15 time Grammy winner, a true idol, mentor back in April, and back to sing for us tonight. Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Tony Bennett singing Once In My Life.

Back to the Golden Idol Awards and the Best Buddies category. And the nominees are Jonathan and Kenneth, Amanda and Antonella, and Simon and Ryan. Simon, you don't have an Emmy and you don't have one of these either. The winner is, Jonathan and Kenneth. They come to the stage to accept their award. They have done a lot of red carpet appearances, and if Simon hadn't said what he had said, they wouldn't be where they are at. Ryan announces that AI has sponsored a real Bush Baby, named Simon, at the Milwaukee Zoo on Jonathan's behalf.

Melinda used to sing back-up and now she is performing with them. Welcome BeeBee and CeeCee Wynans singing Hold Up The Light.

And now it is time for the Finale Ford Commercial, a montage of all the Ford commercials to the Cindy Lauper song Time After Time.

And here are the finalists, Jordin and Blake. They each get brand new Ford Mustangs.

She did this on the Idol Gives Back special, and back again tonight is Carrie Underwood, singing I'll Stand By You.

The Golden Idols are not the only form of recognition tonight. The man with the golden ears, Clive Davis. The big news is the huge explosion of Chris Daughtry who has broken through as the entire music industry's biggest music selling artist of the year, in the top 10 for six months and spawning two top singles and selling over 2.5 million albums.

Talent rises to the top in this competition, like Jennifer Hudson. He toasts the judges for their nose for talent. He mentions Clay Aiken's success as well as Fantasia on Broadway. The right song, the right artist, the right arrangement, Clive Davis presents Carrie Underwood with an award for selling six million albums and going gold six times over.

Trying to recapture the atmosphere of Idol Gives Back, here is the African Children's Choir singing... Something in Africane with dance and drum accompaniment.

And then in a world where men fade in obscurity and true visionaries sieze the day and shape our future, men like JFK, MLK and Ghandi. Now, another comes forth with the courage to embrace his destiny, one who stands firm in the face of adversity. Here he is, Sanjaya Malakar performing You Really Got Me, live with Joe Perry of Aerosmith. Half out of breath, the performance includes the girl who can't stop crying and wind blowing through Sanjaya's hair.

And now, Green Day, singing Working Class Hero.

Without introduction, Taylor Hicks bursts back onto the Idol stage a year after his win, singing Heaven Knows complete with harmonica. And with a see ya later, he's gone.

Now singing with Jordin Sparks, it's Rueben Studdard singing the duet You're All I Need To Get By.

If you haven't had a good enough time, filling in for Celine Dion is the Divine Ms. M, Bette Midler singing Wind Beneath My Wings.

And now it time for American Idol's tribute to the One and Only, Sgt Pepper, with Kelly Clarkson singing Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band. Taylor Hicks comes out singing A Day In The Life. Carrie Underwood takes over singing She's Leaving Home, backed up by the Top Six Girls. Out comes Rueben Studdard singing Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds, the Top Six Guys popping up in front of the stage for the chorus. The Top Twelve take over with With A Little Help From My Friends.

And finally, it is time. The Top Twelve losers exit the stage, leaving Blake Lewis and Jordin Sparks with Ryan Seacrest.

The moment you have all been waiting for. No, it's not the 10 o'clock news. If you have skipped over the entire show to get to this point, you have missed some great performances. And some forgettable ones. But now it is time to get down to business.

Who has America voted as the next American Idol?

From 100,000 down to 2 and now down to 1. We had a new world record last night with 74,000,000 votes. Ryan receives the sealed and silent results.

Final thoughts from the judges. Randy: Jordin. Paula: I am proud of both of them, both winners. Simon: It was a good night last night, but based on the last night, congratulations, Jordin.

Dim the lights, here we go.

The winner of American Idol 2007 is Jordin Sparks!

After hugging, Blake presents Jordin to the theater. She can not believe it. She can't think, she thanks everyone for keeping her around.

American Idol will be back in January, but for now, Ryan gives the microphone to this year's American Idol, Jordin Sparks who reprises her winning performance of This Is My Now.

Fireworks, confetti, and finally a group hug.

Congratulations to the newest American Idol, 17 year old Jordin Sparks.

Fuskie

Who hopes you have enjoyed his season-long show recaps and signs off until Big Brother 8 starts in July...

THanks for the recap!!!!Way to go Jordin!!Congrats to both!!! But Awesome Jordin.

my sources which i wont name are telling me blake will win.

apparently jordin lines are free while blakes is not.

You might want to find different sources!

Is it me or was this the worse season ever, maybe I was looking for a rocker or someone who could sing country but IMO.......No one stood out :sleep1:

The country and rocker singers this year were all wrapped up into one person this year, Jinx. Sanjaya!! :animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:

i thought the show was pretty good.

my picture kept freezing for the first 30 min of the show-- the cable station was having problems--booo to brighthouse!

smokey robinson was boring

tony bennet was terrible he was shouting so bad in his songs

gladys night--wonderful

bette midler--wonderful

gwen steffani--wonderful

chris d -- fantastic

kelly c--fantastic

carrie u--did a fantastic job and well done that she has sold like 6mm records

manjina -- your 10min past your 15min bud ! get a haircut

taylor h--he was okay

rueben--should have stayed home -- i still cant beleive he won

overall the show was okay and i though Jordin winnig was cool -- although it should have been melinda -- Blake i am sure will get a record deal out of this.

I though the whole bush baby thing was hillarious but Simon is right that dude did look like a bush baby.

the mentally challenged guy who is his buddy was very endearing and was just happy to be on a lot of red carpets..bless him

the remark the night before about paulas bitch being okay was great but took me off guard...

Paula was def on something ....

untill January!

C'mon, UPV, it's time for the big switch. We either go Lost or we Idol Worship.

What say you? Crappy? king 123, Cajun?

so pissed . i missed the finale due to me working night shift nursing rn

Anyone hear anything about why Fantasia was the only past Idol winner not to show up on last night's finale? I know she's doing Broadway, but they could have done a remote segment like they did with Gwen Stefani.

I actually thought this was a better finale than last year. I liked seeing the past winners back and in great voice all.

ending was TERRIBLE! how could that Hewoman win? what is she, 12 feet tall?

well either way its been fun "chatting" with yall, uvp. hope we can talk in BB rooms now. SEE YA!

Sign in to follow this