Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Day 7: Archive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
139 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV GUIDE NEWS

24 Trailer Premieres in Times Square

Not even the rain could keep the Jack Bauer faithful away from the world-premiere trailer for the new season of 24 in Times Square on Thursday.

An estimated 200 people congregated around the giant Panasonic screen to watch scenes from the much-anticipated two-hour Season 7 premiere that will air on Sunday, Jan. 13, at 8 pm/ET. Fox promotion winners from around the country were flown in from as far as Phoenix to attend the screening and get a chance to meet actress Mary Lynn Rajskub.

“Luckily I saw the trailer yesterday because I couldn’t really focus on it with all these people,” Rajskub told TVGuide.com. “It was very exciting, I’m glad people turned out.”

The trailer opens with a new setting of Washington, D.C., and Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) on trial for his interrogation methods in his past six action-packed days. However, sticking to the spirit of 24, things start going wrong very quickly when ex-colleague Tony Almeida (Carlos Bernard) returns as Jack’s new nemesis.

“I was pretty shocked that they brought [Bernard] back,” Rajskub said. “It’s more about the shocking people that are living rather than the shocking deaths this year.”

There are also some shocking developments with Rajskub’s character, Chloe O’Brian.

“I show up, time has passed and I have a 1-year-old and a wedding ring, [and I'm] calling Morris (Carlo Rota) while I’m busy,” Rajskub said. “So far he’s taking care of the baby, but he’ll be around.”
— Reporting by Rob Moynihan

Posted by TV Guide Staff 10/25/07 4:58 PM

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Here is a link to the season 7 trailer:

24 trailer

JFetch

JFetch

Live Feed Updater/Capper

• Pip
  • 2,162 posts
With only a modest number of “24” episodes reportedly complete, the season-seven premiere is being postponed “to ensure that ‘Day 7’ can air uninterrupted, in its entirety,” Fox says.

http://www.tvweek.co...le_postpone.php

Chalk this one up to the writer's strike.

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
I think it's about time Jack Bauer got a day off.

Fuskie
Who figures his lawyers could have used more time for their defense...

JEDI

JEDI

Forum Moderator

• 12,812 posts

One fallout of the Hollywood writers strike is that fans of Fox's drama "24" have to wait until next January to see Jack Bauer again.

The network has committed to air a full season on consecutive weeks and had been planning to start last month. If it had started airing new episodes of the Kiefer Sutherland action show soon, the season finale would not have taken place until the summer, when TV networks rarely show their high-profile programs.

A January 2009 start seemed the best way to comply with viewers' wishes that a season's episodes run without interruption to conclusion, Fox said Thursday.

From the Associated Press

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
The Hollwood Reporter
Two-hour TV movie to bridge gap between Seasons 6 and 7
By Nellie Andreeva
March 6, 2008

Fox's "24" will be returning in the fall, after all.

The producers of the Emmy-winning series are developing a two-hour "prequel" to the upcoming seventh season.

The movie, designed to bridge the two-year gap between Seasons 6 and 7, is targeted to air in the fall, leading to the January return of the real-time drama. On Wednesday, "24" producers began securing the show's core cast members for the film.

"24" was one of the biggest casualties of the writers strike. Three days into the work stoppage, Fox decided against airing a partial season of the serialized drama with the eight episodes produced before and during the first weeks of the strike.

Each season of "24" is a closed arc that takes place in real time over a 24-hour period. The upcoming seventh season is set in Washington and features the first female U.S. president, played by Cherry Jones.

At the end of the writers strike, there were rumblings about a possible split of the seventh season into two parts to air in the fall and in midseason. But Fox was quick to put those rumors to rest, reiterating that the show's scheduling pattern will remain intact with a January launch.

The "24" writing team is back at work, with filming on the remaining episodes of the seventh season slated to begin in April. Missing from the writers room is the series co-creator/executive producer Joel Surnow, who left at the end of the strike. Since the fifth season, "24" has been run by exec producer Howard Gordon.

Fox and 20th Century Fox TV, which produces the series with Imagine TV, declined comment Wednesday.

pauldm

pauldm

• Pip
  • 3 posts
can i talk about hollyoaks here?

TomCMMi

TomCMMi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just started watching 24. I have to say, I am thrilled with the excitement level that maintains consistetly. Keifer does a great job! Whats everyone's favorite part about the show ?

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Two-Hour '24' Prequel Set For November
South Africa-set telefilm will bridge the long gap between '24' seasons

May 15, 2008

Kiefer Sutherland of '24'

FOX has scheduled a two-hour "24" telefilm to serve as a prequel to the Emmy-winning drama's long-delayed seventh season.

The network announced on Thursday (May 15) that the "24" special will air on Sunday, Nov. 23 from 8:00-10:00 p.m. ET. The extended episode will take place just a few months before the events of Season Seven, which will premiere in January 2009.

Fans of "24" have been without their real-time action fix since May 2007. Due to creative overhauls on the Season Seven plotline, production got off to a late start last summer and the writers strike hit only eight episodes into the new season. Rather than jeopardize the tradition of an uninterrupted "24" broadcast schedule, FOX opted to delay the entire season.

When the prequel special begins, Kiefer Sutherland's Jack Bauer is in South Africa handling an international crisis. Back at home, the newly elected president (series newcomer Cherry Jones) is preparing for her inauguration day. That second part is bound to be more exciting than it sounds.

"We're excited about the prequel because it explores Jack's complex emotional state of mind and still has all the signature excitement and suspense that fans have come to expect from '24,'" says executive producer Howard Gordon in a statement. "Shooting in South Africa affirms everyone's commitment to making this season especially memorable for our fans."

Devoted "24" fans know that an Africa-set adventure was one of the initially discarded plotlines for Day 7. The actual Season Seven plot will move the action from Los Angeles to Washington and will force Bauer to operate without his familiar CTU backdrop. Little is known except that a national security crisis brings together new castmembers Colm Feore, Janeane Garofalo, Annie Wersching, Jeffrey Nordling, Rhys Coiro and John Billingsley, as well as returning favorites Mary Lynn Rajskub and James Morrison. Also returning, under intriguing circumstances, is Carlos Bernard's Tony Almeida.

The show's creative team had a bit of a shakeup in February when co-creator and long-time executive producer Joel Surnow left the show to go work on other projects. Veteran showrunner Gordon remains in charge, though, maintaining continuity.

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
I think for me its the mix of overwraught emotion and explosive action.

Fuskie
Whose favorite and worst moment was when Edgar died...

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Jericho' Co-Star Counts on '24'
Sprague Grayden also lands a role on FOX's 'Sons of Anarchy'

June 3, 2008

Sprague Grayden

Sprague Grayden, most recently seen on CBS' "Jericho," has landed a recurring role on FOX's "24."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Grayden will play Olivia Taylor, daughter of President Allison Taylor (Cherry Jones) and the nation's first First Husband (Colm Feore).

It's unclear how many episodes Grayden's character will appear in or what sort of inevitable trouble she'll find herself in. The HR story also doesn't say whether or not Olivia will be introduced in the two-hour "24" prequel which will air in November and bridge the long gap between the show's sixth and seventh seasons. Part of the prequel is expected to deal with President Taylor's inauguration.

But the "24" role isn't the only offering on Grayden's plate. The trade paper says that she's also snagged a role in FX's upcoming drama "Sons of Anarchy."

FX has set a fall premiere date for "Sons of Anarchy," which centers on the title motorcycle club's efforts to protect their small town from outside elements, including drug dealers and real-estate developers. Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman and Katey Sagal co-star.

Grayden will play Donna Lerner, a biker's wife trying to encourage her ex-con hubby to steer clear of the gang.

Other credits for Grayden include "Weeds," "Over There," Six Feet Under" and "John Doe."

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Jon Voight Cast as 24's Even Bigger Baddie

It would appear that so-and-so, who to date has been touted as Jack Bauer's (and thus America's) next big nemesis, is merely doing someone else's bidding. Oscar winner Jon Voight has been cast on 24 as the person behind Season 7's terrorist threat, says the Reporter. Voight's character will be introduced during the two-hour prequel movie airing Nov. 23, and then be featured heavily during the back half of Jack's next bad day.

For more on this, see In Touch Weekly's cover story: "Angelina's Heartbreak! Dad Chooses TV Role Over Attending Twin Grandchildren's Birth!" — Matt Mitovich

Leave a Comment

Posted by TV Guide Staff Jun 13, 2008 8:26 AM

Moose

Moose

• Pip
  • 193 posts
Dade -- Thanks for all your input.

garance

garance

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hello!!! kim raver does not only give beauty secrets... she is beautiful from the inside!!!! she committed to help UNICEF, that is implementing a program benefiting children in Ethiopia. check it out: drink1give10.com
party_smilie.gif

garance

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
Get a first look at next January's season.

http://link.brightco...bctid1885474195

Fuskie
Who expects more news to come leading up to the movie next month and then up to the season premier next year...

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
Death just makes Jack Bauer mad.

Fuskie
Who loves it when Jack Bauer gets mad...

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
Shivers... that's an awesome promo Fuskie, thanks for posting. Can't wait for it to start!!!

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Awesome! Thank you...It looks like it's going to be a FANTASTIC season!

"Are you FBI?" Chloe: "I'm a stay-at-home mom." LOL animated_rotfl.gif

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,511 posts
I stopped in to post the link to the trailer, but you scooped my scoop.
Attached File  carlos_bernard_24_season_7.jpg   192.88KB   2 downloads
Producers haven't been keeping details on season seven top-secret. We know that season seven takes place in Washington D.C., features a new female president (played by Cherry Jones), and sees Jack Bauer not working with the CTU for the first time.

Don't forget that seasons six and seven will be bridged by 24: Redemption, a special made-for-television movie that airs November 23.

Fox has announced that Jack Bauer's seventh very bad day will kick off with a two-night, four-hour event, airing Sunday, Jan. 11, and Monday, Jan. 12, 2009. What's more, the series will mark its 150th episode (and approximately its 10,000th ejected shell casing) with the second hour of the aforementioned Monday broadcast.

Having been off the air since May 21, 2007 (due to last winter's WGA strike), 24 actually will first return with a two-hour movie bridging Seasons 6 and 7, airing Nov. 23.

Come January, Day 7 will get underway with Jack on trial before the government for his assorted "questionable" world-saving tactics. That bit of bureaucracy is thankfully interrupted when news surfaces that someone from Jack's past — someone who's dead, to be exact — turns up very much alive. (Look at me deftly dance around that year-old "spoiler"!)

Among Season 7's new cast members, Cherry Jones is the freshly installed Madame President (and she's rather terrific, if the two-hour movie is any sign) and Jon Voight is the big baddie.

What's your take? Are you ready to give 24 another chance, and forgive Season 6 for its trespasses?

Source: TVGuide.com

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
Maybe, Morty, but you got the embedded video thingy and you are still the boss guy. :-)

Fuskie
Who welcomes you to post video any time you want...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users