Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Day 7: Archive

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'24': The Needs Of The Many...

By Brandon Millman

February 03, 06:14 AM

This was a bad hour of 24

Welcome to the 24 thread for Day 7: 3:00PM to 4:00PM. This is the place for episode previews and reviews of the whole hour.

Fuskie

Who hopes you'll settle into Morty's 24 Forum because Jack is back and having another bad day...

dubaku once again escapes. uvp who is getting tired of these cheap escapes. but great show nonetheless but i am wondering why the inside guy to president didnt alert dubaku about the plans to saved her husband

but next week show looks great

Sound proof room? With that flimsy wood door at the top of the steps? I want an explanation and I want it NOW!

Convenient how in the first 15 minutes of the hour, the first act is tied up and the second act begins. Madame President is one tough cookie.

Jack Bauer: With all due respect, Madame President, ask around.

Notice how Jack took the lead in explaining themselves even though it was Bill's operation?

If they can't use any of the President's security people, who keeps popping into the oval office and providing Jack with confidential files.

I like that Renee was right to the point with Larry - can't tell anyone. But can he keep his mouth shut? Who wears the pants in that family? Larry sure went running out to the reflecting pool. Whose face did he want to see in the water?

So Sean is having an interoffice affair and Janice is right on top of it. If cardboard geek can betray his wife, can betraying his country be far behind?

When are you people going to stop thinking everyone else is following your rules?

Renee?

Larry?

Jack giving orders. Larry trying to protect Renee.

Are you going to give me your keys or not? He does.

Jack? Jack! The rules are what makes us better.

Not today.

Dumbuko botches the digit amputation putting the First Gentleman's life in danger. Meanwhile, clingy WGF (Waitress Girl Friend) interrupts. Turns out she has a sister who is in a wheelchair who disapproves. Turns out they have been seeing each other for 4 months.

This man isn't...

Isn't what?

Forget it.

Bill comes up with a look-alike plan for Matobo to trick Dambuko into thinking President Taylor is complying. Meanwhile, Larry shows signs of cracking from his unprofessional concern with Renee, who arrives at Voss's home and greets his wife and 11 month old baby.

Shut up and there's a chance you'll live through this.

Renee is not comfortable with what she is doing but she is efficient at it. Edward is not the man his wife thinks he is. Larry is tracking Edward via GPS while Jack pursues him down a one-way street. 15 seconds away.

10 seconds.

5 seconds.

Jack rams into him, gun drawn.

He takes him off street as Edward plays dumb. Jack calls Renee. Got the wife and child?

You son of a beyatch.

She's got the baby, please.

You can stop this, just tell me where he is?

All right, I'll tell you.

The baby is fine.

You're a monster.

Edward spills his guts, but Jack is distracted and Edward counter attacks. A knife fight goes bad for Jack and Edward, but worse for Edward.

Jack steals a car and the game is on.

Continuing to keep the loop small, Bill briefs another Secret Service agent and the Motubo doppleganger.

Meanwhile Renee takes Edward's death hard and Jack offers her an exit strategy. Maybe she'll take it. Tomorrow.

Back at the White House, the deception begins. Bill informs the President of Jack's progress.

Meanwhile, cardboard Sean is upset at not playing with the big boys. Larry wants to send Renee a swat team and is not happy that Voss is dead. But he agrees to keep it quiet. Dumbuko takes the bait on the fake on both Matobo and the temporary withdrawal of the fleet. And Marica's sister attempts to blackmail Dumbuko to break up with her sister, resulting in his leaving the safe house where the First Gentleman is being held.

Renee arrives outside the safe house as Jack speeds along. Bill doesn't know how much longer they can maintain the ruse at the electrical plant where Dumbuko's men are waiting. Dumbuko orders them to destroy the vehicle, but its too late, the SAM is on its way and they are dead. Jack arrives and he and Renee go in. They kidnap the store owner and force him to open the door and offer food. The guards ask for beer. Jack confirms 4 bad guys, signals Renee some orders but before they go in, they get a phone call from Dumbuko.

Kill Taylor Now.

Gunfire ensues. Jack has a hand gun, the bad guys automatics. It's not even a fair fight.

But Taylor is shot before the bad guys are all dead.

GET AN AMBULANCE!!!!!!!

It is now time for my afternoon fiesta. Until next week,

Fuskie

Who thinks Jack Bauer fans finally have something to be excited about...

Yep, definitely a better episode!

I was, however, left with two questions:

1. What is Tony up to?

2. What exactly was Renee planning to do to the baby if Jack didn't get the baby's dad to squeal?

'24': Regarding Henry

By Brandon Millman

February 09, 10:53 PM

You don

Yep, definitely a better episode!

I was, however, left with two questions:

1. What is Tony up to?

2. What exactly was Renee planning to do to the baby if Jack didn't get the baby's dad to squeal?

1. Taking a breather

2. Probably nothing. She hasn't reached that tipping point yet.

Fuskie

Who thinks if you only had two questions, you weren't watching close enough...

Renee wants to keep word of Henry Taylor being shot so she shouts it out in the bodega. Bill assumes responsibility for President Taylor's safety. He gets his his and Chloe's clearance back and Chloe heads over to the FBI. A Chloe - Janise showdown is in the the making but right now Ethan is pushing all the wrong buttons. Whatever it takes, she wants Dumbako found!

Said terrorist pulls waitress girlfriend and says he has to leave town because of a violated passport. Wants her to go with him. She wants her sister to go with her but Dumbaku says later. For now it has to be secret. They are going to Belize he says.

Do you love me?

You know I do.

Then trust me.

I'll get my things.

Another success of the public school system.

Dumbaku checks with the Burnett for the flight arrangements. General Juma will not be pleased, but the passports are ready. Meet in 15m at the Roosevelt hotel.

Jack and Renee try to get a computer restarted. Larry calls to get updated. She's been in worse. Larry is not so sure. He has the report from the police about Renee's hostage taking. Larry is scared of what is happening to her. Renee does not like what she sees in the mirror. Jack realizes what he is doing to her. But if he cares, he's all business.

They have an address for Dumbuku. Let's go.

Waitress sneaks into the apartment while sister is sleeping in front of day time TV. Chlorie and Morris head into Washington with baby on board. We get a quick ad placement for Genesis before Morris drops her off. She'll watch her back while he watches Prescott. Morris tells her to call him if she gets jammed up.

Janice not happy with busy work as Chloe arrives, her cover is as a consultant from homeland. Larry takes her to a conference room. She is up to speed. Her presence is explained as shoring up a hole in the firewall. Whoever set it up that way didn't know what they were doing. He did. Larry makes some digs at people dying around Jack.

Jack Bauer is the most honorable trustworthy man I know.

Janice eyes Chloe with suspicion. Another analyst recognizes her and feeds Janice's paranoia.

At the hotel, Dumbaku gets his papers and asks for a car. Dumbaku realizes they are being watched. He is a liability. Dumbaku says if anything happens to them, their plan will be exposed with names and details. Benedict understands.

Rosa interrupts sister packing, and waitress girl says that they are going to Belize and Rosa is going to follow them. Why can't you let me have this? I don't trust him. You can't ruin this for me.

Renee and Jack burst in. Where is Dumbaku? Jack shows him a picture. Waitress says they don't know him. Jack says she is lying. Rosa is not so inhibited. Do you work for him? No, I love him!

Do you have any idea what this man is? He's everything to me.

Jack is incredulous.

Taylor arrives at the hospital. The doctor says it will be about 5 hours in surgery. His chances aren't good. Henry is concious enough for President Taylor to talk to him - he was right and she is sorry she didn't listen. Henry heads into the OR while Bill shadows the President. She needs him to find her daughter Olivia. They are estranged. She works for a consulting firm. Bill agrees.

Renee provides the photo evidence that waitress girl needs to come to terms with who "Samuel" really is. Jack adds that he murdered a friend of his. But they need her help. Rosa isn't going to like this. Jack wants her to answer the phone when he calls. The man she had feelings for doesn't exist. There's his call.

Answer the phone and talk to him to find out where they should meet.

Hello?

What took you so long?

I was packing.

You sound strange.

It was Rosa, she caught me packing.

She should thank heaven she has an angel for a sister. I am sending a car. The driver will know where to go.

OK.

Jack and Renee talk alone. They will have to send the waitress with the driver to meet with him. They can track her cell phone. They don't have another choice.

Marika, I have a favor to ask.

Rosa says heck no. Marika says she'll do it. It's her decision to make. She has a new found strength in her voice.

Jack calls into the FBI and gets Chloe. In her usual tactful way, Chloe tells Jack she can do what he needs in spite of Larry's backwards setup. Meanwhile, Janice is unsuccessfully trying to get past Chloe's defenses. She gets increasingly paranoid as she is denied access.

Olivia Taylor is auditioning for a contract but the john only wants White House access. Aaron Pierce shows up, retired Secret Service, and insists that she go with him. He can't say why she must leave and the john runs away. Aaron finally volunteers that Henry has been shot and is in surgery. None of this is public knowledge. Olivia stops asking questions.

Janice asks Sean for the digital beta key but Sean doesn't know why she needs it. Janice thinks Chloe is in to replace her. Now Sean is worried about losing his job. Janice pulls his indiscretions out and Sean is blackmailed into compliance. She gets the DBK.

You're a little byatch, you know that?

The link is up, Chloe tells Jack. They are on. Marika, we gotta go.

You, FBI. You keep her safe, you hear me? Renee says they will. Jack says they will be right behind her. He doesn't want her to do anything suspicious. Renee doesn't like it. Jack says it is not about Renee it is about Dumbaku. Outside of that, don't get involved.

She gets into the car and the chase is on. Chloe can't upload the coordinates to Walker's PDA - its a verbal job. Janice hacks into the servers to see what Chloe is doing. She has the tracking map.

Jack is following a mile behind as Janice listens in on the conversation. Someone walks in and Janice pulls out the DBK and Chloe loses the tracking grid. Renee freaks out. Its back up and Chloe runs a diagnostic. She detects a breach. Larry's eyes wander who could it be? Jack is half a mile behind.

MetroPD is trying to build a road block around them. Jack asks Larry to get them off them. Its too late, they are surrounded. Jack shouts she is a federal agent but they do not listen. There are no federal warrants issued. Larry's office. He revokes the warrants immediately. Release them right now. Janice gives Sean the key back and tells Sean whats going on. Sean calls his contact and tells him Burnett that he took care of Bauer. Sean learns of Dumbaku's blackmail list. Including Sean's name?

Just make sure he gets away.

As Jack and Renee are cuffed, Dumbaku gets a call from Burnett. Marika has been turned. Dumbaku doesn't believe it. The cell phone is a tracker. Dumbaku says he will take care of her. There is death in his eyes.

Fuskie

Who was taking bets in Morty's TV Chat on whether it was Janice, Larry or Sean who was the FBI mole and it looks like the cardboard geek won out...

what a show!

they had me thinking the fbi mole was janice but instead it was the guy who looked too obvious to be the mole so we discounted him as the mole but in reality he was

but janice should be fired and put in prison it looks like her insecurity will get dubaku girlfriend killed but this 24 folks :lol:

but another week and dubaku saga continues

'24': Anderson Cooper Is The Mole

By Brandon Millman

February 16, 10:34 PM

Okay, maybe not, but it would be a rather nifty twist on the 24 mole hunt

good episode finally dubaku is caught

and the idiot fbi mole boy is caught

but a new saga begins

i thought dubaku was gonna escape while they tried to pulled the girl from the car

next week 2 hours :party_smilie:

good episode finally dubaku is caught

and the idiot fbi mole boy is caught

but a new saga begins

i thought dubaku was gonna escape while they tried to pulled the girl from the car

next week 2 hours :party_smilie:

I thought he was going to escape too. I loved that Chloe managed to recover the irrecoverable file just like that. And I just knew Erika was doomed the minute she revealed herself to be a traitor. If Sean can cheat on his wife and his government, taking out his mistress shouldn't be so hard.

But really, an assault on the White House? How incompetent is this government really?

Fuskie

Who wonders how Renee is going to handle interrogating Sean...

sorry for posting in the wrong thread

i never really scrolled down but i see them now

yeah the government is really incompetent

you would think they would have spies tracking the yuma general every movement

but i am glad dubaku mess is over the guy who voiced him had the worst african accent i ever heard

I loved that Chloe managed to recover the irrecoverable file just like that. And I just knew Erika was doomed the minute she revealed herself to be a traitor. If Sean can cheat on his wife and his government, taking out his mistress shouldn't be so hard.

But really, an assault on the White House? How incompetent is this government really?

Yeah, I laughed out loud when-just like that- Chloe recovered the files! I did appreciate the fact that we were able to see Sean's reaction when he found out he was basically screwed. When he was caught and asked to speak with his lawyer, I had a picture in my head of what i'd LOVE to see happen. Sean waiting in the interrogation room for his lawyer, when in strolls Jack- "Hello, I'm Jack Bauer and I'm the only representation you're gonna get..." Now how awesome would that be? ^_^

The assault on the White House scenario would not happen in a million years but when watching 24 I've learned to "check my brains at the door", so to speak, and just go along for the ride. The show does give me a few very good unintended laughs though (Chloe's amazing file recovery, for example.)

I'm really thinking 24 is starting to jump the shark...even my 24's standards. I cannot stand any of the characters in the FBI. Weak women, incompetent men. It's almost insufferable. When Jack just handed the chip to a complete stranger standing next to a helicopter I had to change the channel in order to stop me from screaming, "Are you !@#$-ing serious??" After what he went through (literally) to get the darn thing, he just hands it over??

Renee constantly playing the emotional card already old, and I'm starting to think she's just getting started. But the scene in the hospital was just terrible.

I want the old Jack and Tony back!!

Courtesy of; ZAP2IT

'24': Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

By Brandon Millman

February 24, 04:57 AM

It

stupidity is the theme of this episode

first with janice who already broke many rules but wanted to turned chloe in

then agent renee for jumping on a boat knowing they had arm soldiers aboard

i noticed in 24 the bad guys always have multiple backup plans

vice president is a loser looks like agent moss grows a pair next week

president why would you open the door to terrorist daughter or not especially a brat daughter

stupidity is the theme of this episode

first with janice who already broke many rules but wanted to turned chloe in

then agent renee for jumping on a boat knowing they had arm soldiers aboard

i noticed in 24 the bad guys always have multiple backup plans

vice president is a loser looks like agent moss grows a pair next week

president why would you open the door to terrorist daughter or not especially a brat daughter

Stupidity, incompetence, incredulity.

Fuskie

Who notes that the bad guys had more time to plan...

After Dumbaku being able to acquire a device that would allow them access to the entire country's infrastructure defense, the idea that they should have complete access to White House security through a wireless laptop shouldn't be that much of a stretch. And frankly, if Chloe wasn't locked up, she could have hacked into their laptop and fed Jack information through the gold capped tooth in his mouth.

Frankly you guys are focused on the wrong thing. For once we have a VP who (mistakenly) isn't jumping at the chance to be sworn in as President when President Taylor is cut off from the command and control structure. He should have been sworn into office and his mission would be to take back control of the White House and kill the terrorists. President Taylor should be presumed dead and all actions taken accordingly. Instead we have the biggest wimp since Gregory Itzin.

But lets not reserve all the freak for the completely incompetent government. I mean, really, Renee, you don't secure your weapon before jumping onto a moving boat? How did you let a boy get the drop on you? Does a cell phone really go bad after 5 seconds in the water? I bet Juma has a Panasonic Toughbook. And what about shooting to Secret Service agents and then stopping to give his team a pep talk. Dude, should have done that before you left the equipment room.

Really, what kind of connection does Jonas Hodges have that he could provide Juma with the silver spoon of terrorism? What does Juma really think he is going to accomplish? If his motivation is not Sangala, then what is it? Does he think Russia or China would settle for Juma having access to America's nuclear arsenal? Clearly, Juma is working out some kind of delusional fantasy that Jonas is taking advantage of in order to get "the shipment". If the man can afford to fund a coup in Sangala and multiple terrorist attacks on US soil, can't he find an easier way to get whatever is on that boat?

BTW, IMDB gives John Voight only a credit for the final episode. Did anyone else think Bill was about to bite the big one? Or Aaron? Why kill all the other Secret Service agents but not the two people who most interfered in their plans? Why not kill Jack right after he came out of the lock room? If the security panel was shorted out, how did Jack get the doors open again? How could the lock room not have outside communications? Oh the questions. Oh the humanity. I hope they didn't touch Lincoln's bedroom.

Fuskie

Who expects Renee will talk Larry into hooking up with Chloe and Tony and they will launch their own private assault on the White House to rescue President Taylor...

UGH!! Is the White House really that unsecured that a dozen men with machine guns and a touch book can walk around without someone yelling "Call 9-1-1"? I know this is all pretent, but come on. This show used to have a little reality woven in. Jack not using the bathroom or eating for 24 hours in one thing, but an FBI weapon is useless once it gets wet. What do they have, muskets?

And why not toss the cell phone on the boat and have Larry track the location of the phone?

Quick question: Given the situation, why is Chloe under arrest because Janine said something? Isn't everyone under suspision? I thought Chloe had the run of the place.

Final Peeve: Why are they making Red Foreman anything other than Red Foreman. He should refer to Juma and "that foreign kid" and should call Jack a "Dumbass" at least twice in every show.

This show used to have a little reality woven in.

When?

And why not toss the cell phone on the boat and have Larry track the location of the phone?

Because she was trying to find out the target, not just track them. Besides, if the phone hadn't gone in the water, the battery would have run out.

why is Chloe under arrest because Janine said something? Isn't everyone under suspision? I thought Chloe had the run of the place.

Chloe is under house arrest because she was helping Jack counter to FBI orders.

Why are they making Red Foreman anything other than Red Foreman.

I want to see his pacifist ideals broken and himself in a position where he has been forced to commit the kind of violence he abhors.

Fuskie

Who is not a fan of black and white politics, and while he does not support torture either thinks that the real world lives in a much grayer area...

wow the take over of white house was so anticlimactic

over in the first ten minutes

rip bill

this rogue nurse crap is getting old

can we not get better storyline

very poor episode after last week build up

'24': His Name Is Bill Buchanan

By Brandon Millman

March 09, 11:42 PM

I arrived home this evening to a welcome surprise: a 37

We already know that for a Chief of Staff, Ethan is not politically astute. As Olivia pointed out, the White House was held hostage on his watch. And for him to accuse Olivia of the leak (though she clearly was responsible) without evidence showed him to be tone deaf as well, since Mommie Dearest is naturally going to side with the prodigal daughter returned, even if she uses one lie to cover up another.

But lets turn our attention to Morris. Finally, another whimpering fool to give Larry a run for his money. Chloe has been under detention for what, an hour? And Morris freaks out that Chloe may never see their child again? Show me a season of 24 when Chloe HASN'T been under detention. Its just what Mom does. The real truth is that Morris is scared to death to raise the child alone. As I said, wimp.

But Larry certainly gives Morris a run for his money. There is no room for two thoughts in that thick bureaucratic skull of his. Running on instinct instead of intelligence, Moss completely forgets the terrorists and turns the full forces of the federal government under his control, which I thought was just a team of a dozen drones including Janice who hasn't turned out to be as interesting a character as I had hoped, against Jack with shoot on sight orders without any actual evidence that Jack had done anything wrong.

And this was before Senator Red was shot. Now the orders will be to shoot at shadows in case Bauer is hiding in there. Someone take his PTA membership card away. Whatever happened to doing things by the book? He suspends Renee Walker but lets her have access to an FBI-database connected computer and phone? Hello, has anyone heard of procedure? Where was the strip search first?

If the point of killing Mayer was to further frame Jack, I think it was overkill. It would have been more interesting/entertaining for Jack to have escaped with the good Senator so he could learn what life was like on Jack's side of the shade of gray. The opportunity was there with Mayer's realization that there was a connection with Starkwood, being pursued by an assassin, dependent on Jack to stay alive, enraged by the treasonous treachery of Jonas Hodges. A missed opportunity.

Fuskie

Who notes that 24 is littered with first family members who think that the fact that their father, husband, mother is President means they were elected into untethered power themselves, and clearly the wrong first sibling was killed off during Redemption...

'24': See Jack Run. Run Jack, Run!

By Brandon Millman

March 16, 10:32 PM

Jack is on the run again, and that