Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Day 7: Archive

I found the first two hours of the new season of 24 to be rather bland, imo. I thought the 24 "movie" in Dec. to be much more entertaining and interesting. Let's hope the season picks up momentum tonight.

Oh, and what do people think of the Janeane Garofolo (sorry about the spelling) character? Are they trying to make a Chloe 2.0? And what's with her sidekick, the skinny depressing guy? BLECH. I do like the lead female though. It's nice to see them add a strong female character who can actual kick some butt. As long as they don't turn her into just another character that Jack can save...

Remember they were trying to tell a complete story inside 2 hours during Redemption. This is just the opening chapters in a 24 chapter book. But yes, nothing went boom which is out of character for Jack. So is his level of restraint.

Garrafolo, I don't know yet. It does appear that her and the guy analyst follow CTU stereotypes. But Chloe will be in the mix this season, as sour as ever. And don't be so sure that the FBI lead doesn't turn into a bad guy - keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

See ya in chat tonight!

Fuskie

Who has to wonder what Jack would have done with the ballpoint pen had the bad guy not started to talk before being stuffed with sniper bullets...

Garrafolo, I don't know yet. It does appear that her and the guy analyst follow CTU stereotypes. But Chloe will be in the mix this season, as sour as ever. And don't be so sure that the FBI lead doesn't turn into a bad guy - keep your friends close and your enemies closer.

I'm hoping that Chloe doesn't have a desk job this time around because I found her much more interesting when she was outside "in the field". As far as the FBI- yeah, I thought that too. One thing we've learned after watching several seasons of 24 is that anyone is expendable and anyone can be a bad guy- well, except for maybe Jack.

Who has to wonder what Jack would have done with the ballpoint pen had the bad guy not started to talk before being stuffed with sniper bullets...

lol, I'm guessing he might have had a few more scars...

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'24': Make A Decision Already!

By Brandon Millman

January 13, 06:07 AM

There

'24': Make A Decision Already!

By Brandon Millman

January 13, 06:07 AM

The time is now 11:00:00.

Spoilers continue after the intermission... now!

Back at the FBI, Renee tries to reset the situation. Moss gives a semi-promising damn it in a feeble attempt to boost team morale. Or something. He tells her not to get down on herself for trusting too much. The White House calls Moss for an update. Seems Tony

One thing that is a standard for 24 is the inability of everyone in 24 is the inability to separate personal from professional. Even Jack has been distracted in the past, making decisions for both reasons never-the-less sacrificing his personal relationships for the good of the many. For Jack, it is about saving lives regardless of the good of the country. He's not a patriot, he's a martyr. That's my problem with Tony - his response to being nearly blown up and losing Michelle is to join a group that marches to the orders of the very same type of shadow government insurgency responsible for his losses. It really doesn't track. I think I would have believed it more had he simply continued an undercover operation with Bill and Chloe that needed to survive the death of CTU. That said, was the senator responsible for shutting down CTU and grilling Jack a part or pawn of this shadow government? Does anyone run background checks anymore? How about simple stress tests? How many hours of tape of Chloe did Janis watch before being able to channel her neurosis into her own character? Isn't Henry's Secret Service agent way to young to be guarding the First Gentleman and wouldn't he be immediately fired if he ever went off grid? I mean, what is the point of having the ear piece if you are not in constant communication with anyone? And what's up with these large blue tooth devices - I miss the micro-technology of CTU.

So many questions, so few answers.

Fuskie

Who notes that Ethan is being set up as a bad guy by feeding Henry false information while at the same time urging Henry to not confirm with his wife the President so as to not distract her...

How many hours of tape of Chloe did Janis watch before being able to channel her neurosis into her own character? Isn't Henry's Secret Service agent way to young to be guarding the First Gentleman and wouldn't he be immediately fired if he ever went off grid? I mean, what is the point of having the ear piece if you are not in constant communication with anyone?

:animated_rotfl: lol-my thoughts EXACTLY! Why, oh why, do the writers/casting/powers that be insist on making carbon copy characters on 24?? The perpetually frowning ctu/fbi computer genius chloe/janis with the grumpy, dour-faced male co-worker and annoying friend- previously Edgar and now the guy with the wife in the plane. I have news for that guy...he's gone die. guaranteed.

Oh, and just a wild guess, but I'm betting he just sentenced his wife to death too by bumping her plane up to the front of the line. Smooth move, buddy.

I did think the last two episodes were much better than the first two and I'm glad that Bill is back (he's turned into kind of a hottie, hasn't he?), but the plotlines are getting a little too predictable for me, personally. Can't wait til Fringe and LOST return...

Hi Friends, I am new on this thread.My name is Cyrus.I am a hug Fan of 24 episodes.The Story of the Show is Really interesting.

Hi Friends, I am new on this thread.My name is Cyrus.I am a hug Fan of 24 episodes.The Story of the Show is Really interesting.

Welcome to the 24 Forums at Morty's TV! We are all fans of 24 here. What do you think will happen during Hour 5?

Fuskie

Who hopes to see you for Morty's TV 24 Chat at our regular time Monday nights at 9pm...

cant wait till tomorrow show

'24': Relationships Of Convenience

By Brandon Millman

January 20, 08:10 AM

As of this writing, the world is a mere two hours from a new American government. In the world of 24, the President hasn

I've been disappointed so far... giving it one more week. :(

I've been disappointed so far... giving it one more week. :(

I know what you mean, Jack's only killed one guy but I expect next week Jack is going to be unleashed. We know from previews and TV Guide that Jack eventually gets a face to face with Madame President, so I am expecting that Agent Walker digs herself out of her shallow grave and contacts the FBI. The mole alerts Emerson who realizes Jack is not trustworthy (ergo the scene in this week's teaser where Emerson has Jack in a headlock and Tony has to decide who to shoot). Jack somehow escapes and is brought before Taylor, who reeling from the death of her husband (or near death if he somehow survives - I have a suspicion Samantha will somehow take out the junior SS agent and save the First Gentleman's life), tells Jack to do whatever it takes, damn the senate inquiry.

Fuskie

At that point he hopes the death and explosions count will explode...

All I can really say is- please have Janis get killed...please.

very good show

i cant believe pres husband was able to kiled the ss guy

very good show

i cant believe pres husband was able to kiled the ss guy

That's the only thing you can't believe?

Fuskie

Who thought the girl was going to realize she was about to be attacked and surprise the junior secret service kid with too much product in his hair and then she and the First Gentleman would mount a subversive attack on the conspirators who were trying to bring down Madame President...

Who thought the girl was going to realize she was about to be attacked and surprise the junior secret service kid with too much product in his hair and then she and the First Gentleman would mount a subversive attack on the conspirators who were trying to bring down Madame President...

:animated_wave: At least I was hoping. Sheesh, that murder scene was brutal and disturbing. Yes, I realize this is 24, but still... :shocking:

:animated_wave: At least I was hoping. Sheesh, that murder scene was brutal and disturbing. Yes, I realize this is 24, but still... :shocking:

What I find interesting is the slow realization by SA Walker that Jack's style of anti-terrorism was not quite as romantic she made it out to be. At first she was willing to run around with Jack to "make things right," a proper motive for breaking with procedure if I ever heard, but by the time he pretends to kill her and buries her alive, the sheen has kind of worn off and the reality of no-holds-barred action begins to set in.

Speaking of which, what happened to the Assistant AG flacky who was improbably interfering with the ridiculously slow swat rescue of Mutabo and the search for Walker? Gone for a whole hour? And what was it with that pep talk by Larry? Is there no one with any leadership skills in the FBI? Is the dweeb analyst just plain creepy or is his name really Benedict Arnold? Is Janine Garaffalo wasted on Janice or is Janice wasted on Garaffalo?

Let me get this straight, Emerson has known Tony for a few years and Jack has known Tony for a decade. Brothers? Jack put his life in Tony's hands so many times, I will surprised when Tony does eventually turn on him. But hour 6 was too soon, so instead, Tony and Jack just do the trust and suspicion dance with glances stuffed full of meaningless implications.

And did the suit really think Emerson, or Tony for that matter, was going to allow them to come in and rip them off that they didn't have backup to take out Tony's backup? They just don't make villains like they used to. I was thinking, Jack, shoot the suit in the leg, let the others run off with Mutabo and wife, and then interrogate the suit. I would expect after putting up a defiant front, the suit would have folded like cheap cloth.

Speaking of folding like cheap cloth, there's the Jr. Secret Service Agent with too much product who took so long to stage a murder-suicide that he became a star player. When I saw Henry flexing his fist, I could only think of Pops McFly from Back To The future as he got ready to take out Biff. But really, I was hoping he would signal the girl, she would surprise Jr. SSA, take him out and then she and the First Gentleman could mount their own secret investigation of President Taylor's administration. But alas, the writers knifed that idea.

Fuskie

Who figures Bill and Chloe have been funded through stashes of cash set aside for undercover operations, in the same way that Jack has always had resources when he was hiding between Days...

TWOP: 24's Most Ridiculous Moments

I have to add Jack flying the plain with the nuclear bomb into the desert then bailing out just before it goes boom and walking away.

Fuskie

Who wonders what is on your list...

yeah the girl i did think a bit she may have took out the junior ss( my thought last week) but when she lefted the car to go into her apartment how casually she did it . i knew she was dead meat. and yeah the junior ss did take ages to finish off the murder.

'24': Dubaku's Dastardly Dirty Deed Done Dirt Cheap

By Brandon Millman

January 27, 07:01 AM

In these tough economic times, no television show is immune from budge cutbacks, and 24 is no exception. The body count rises significantly in this hour with the promise of more if the Prime Minister isn

great show tonight .sucks dubaku got away. i didnt expect him to be involve in the president husband kidnapping. i guess he will be around the whole season

It was great to see Jack cut loose with a semi-automatic, but as is tradition in the world of 24, the baddies are tipped off at the last minute and manage to get away as Jack is just a step late. Renee sure stepped in, talking in the proverbial "We" as they discussed what to do after the rescue.

Anyone else wish Janice had given cardboard personality tech geek a harder shove?

How in the world (certainly not the real one) could the Secret Service only assign one Jr Agent to guard the First Gentleman and then let that agent be out of touch for over an hour? Of course, the FG becoming the new hostage for Dabuku was obvious. What we get now is Madame President Taylor telling Jack to do whatever it takes to get her husband back. But will Jack get her to sign a pardon in advance? Will he include Tony in the deal? Will Tony stay in the light now that he knows he was set up for a life of crime by Henderson or revert back to the light?

We still have not seen the Justice Dept. guy for over 2 hours. Did someone on the writing team realize that was a really stupid story line? Apparently they weren't original enough to avoid the requisite girlfriend for the bad guy. Correct me if I am wrong, but Dembuku was in Africa when Jack turned himself into the embassy and was whisked away to the U.S. Somehow, Dembuku managed to follow Jack through Homeland Security, set up his terror network, and get a little action on the side. If only Americans had that kind of productivity.

Fuskie

Who had to wonder if that handshake was the last time Jack and Tony would see each other...

i guess he will be around the whole season

Nah, I bet just a few more hours. Dembuko will die leaving Jack on the hunt on the money and power behind him, the secret American who funded the coup and has his fingers squeezing Taylor's government.

Fuskie

Who expects the latter half of the season to focus on unraveling the conspiracy in DC...

Anyone else wish Janice had given cardboard personality tech geek a harder shove?

Actually I wish he'd shoved her back, resulting in a battle to the death- with both of them dying...slowly and painfully.

The absolutely WORST dialogue of the night: Janice's remarks to the soon-to-be dead plant foreman about calling her "honey". The guy is trying to save his workers and a several thousand other Ohio residents, for crying out loud!! It definitely was a poorly written line- the writer's weird attempt at instilling humor, perhaps? Whatever- it just didn't work and made me dislike her character all the more.

Correct me if I am wrong, but Dembuku was in Africa when Jack turned himself into the embassy and was whisked away to the U.S. Somehow, Dembuku managed to follow Jack through Homeland Security, set up his terror network, and get a little action on the side. If only Americans had that kind of productivity.

lol, I believe you're right. We definitely have to put our brains in stand-by mode when watching 24. Inplausibility and plotholes abound- just about as much as the action does.

yeah janice comments are weird at times. but whats up with the computer guy she works with always having those dumb looks on his face