Sign in to follow this  
Yana

Second Place Prize Money

OK so I was curious about how it would work and we were talking about it in another thread, so I asked Johnny Fairplay about it... He was nice enough to answer and tell me he didn't know... So I went to a source that was on this season... I am hoping this will be something he can answer without violating his contract... I am now waiting on an answer from Alex... (yeah yeah I know what some of you are going to say, but I went to him because he's a lawyer)

Can't wait to find out. Thanks Yana.

Since no one actually came in 2nd because only Earl got a vote, I bet no one gets any 2nd place prize money.

I was wondering this as well.

Are Dreamz and Cassandra tied for 2nd?

Does Yauman get 3rd or 4th place (typically $85K for 3rd vs. $70K for 4th?

FYI: Here's a link that provides some insights to the "usual" or "past" Surviovor pay scales...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10298817/

maybe cassandra and dreamz split second? and third? :::::::::::Shrug:::::::::::

do i care? :animated_scratchchin: not really

They should just give it all to Earl... At least he will make good use of it...

Last second Ozzy got second place because he received more votes than Becky. This season Cassandra mentioned in an interview that "they both got 2nd" I'm not sure if that means that they both get $100,000 or not. My guess is they would pool third place money and second place money together and then divide it evenly between the two.

Here's what Yauman had to say about the prize money for this year...

Earl won the million dollars, and because neither Dreamz nor Cassandra got a vote, they tied for second and will get $100,000. Since I came in third, I will get $60,000.

At least he got third because of the votes...

Thanks, Yana. So glad to hear that Yau got some money after all.

Good deal.

Everyone gets some money, with the amount increasing for how long they last in the game. I don't see why Yau should get third place money since he finished in fourth. That'd be like if two guys tied for first in the olympics giving whoever got third the silver medal.

Well then..... who should get the third place? Dreamz or Cassandra? Do you think that Survivor should renig on giving out a 3rd place prize? :animated_scratchchin:

Yau probably got third because I bet the entire jury agreed Yau should get first place....

ummm Yau-man got 3rd place because someone had to get it. He was the only one in 3rd place since Cassandra and Dreamz tied for second place.

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooo

um that's stupid, when not just put both 2nd and 3rd place money together and split it evenly, here all Survivor is doing is throwing in an extra $100,000 and getting rid of whatever 19th gets, which is like $200. Yau Man doesn't deserve third place money when he clearly finished fourth.

Sorry but I am sure rules say 3rd place money goes to the person in third place. That would be Yau-man. Rules are rules.......

Well I'm just glad they considered Yau man 3 instead of 4. He was execellent in challenges!

3rd place money goes to the person in third place. That would be Yau-man.

um, you obviously don't know what third place is, third place means two people did better than you... not three.

um, you obviously don't know what third place is, third place means two people did better than you... not three

yau man is 3rd place because dreams and cassandra tied at 2nd

Sign in to follow this