I Saw A Bb8 Commercial Last Night!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Daisyflower

Daisyflower

• Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

It aired while we were watching the Survivor finale last night! Ofcourse it had clips of previous houseguests, but at the end it said "BB8 Coming in July!!"

I couldn't help but to get excited!

#2 uvp

uvp

• Pip
  • 19,717 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:03 AM

i seen that same commercial a month ago

#3 April

April

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 09:29 AM

I saw it for the first time during the survivor finale!

wahoo!!!

#4 gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 2,956 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:03 AM

I cannot beleive its less then 2 month till BB returns.

#5 April

April

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,349 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 10:57 AM

And for that I am so happy!!

Am I the only one who is already planning out when they are going to watch and report the feeds giggle.gif I am all set up to report from the hammock in my yard!

#6 Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:21 AM

On tv???

Last night was the first for me too!!

#7 DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:29 AM

Last month was the casting call commercials. I've been monitoring all over the place for the commercials to bring to you guys so I can say it with confidence that the commercial on during survivor last night was brand new.

#8 Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:55 PM

Thanx Dream wink.gif , thats what I thought!

#9 surfgranny

surfgranny

• Pip
  • 975 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:56 PM

I missed the commercial - probably was on while I was backing up my dvr to replay what someone or another said.

No biggie though since I want to see the show more than an ad telling me it's coming. I just hope that Allison and the other new BB producers paid close attention to Survivor's last couple of seasons and take a page from their ability to hire a diverse cast that extended well beyond ethnicity.

Fat, thin, buff, ripped, hottie, dork, old, young, funny, serious, smart, idiotic, athletic, klutzy, white collar, blue collar even no collar (dreamz tongue.gif ) made for a much more interesting show with twists not even the producers could have contrived - like Yau-man giving up the car. Survivor's cast moved on from casts where the majority looked like this past season's Boo and Jessica (the first to be voted off) - white, hot and young.

Survivor slipped into the beefcake/bimbo rut because the 2nd and 3rd seasons ratings were lower than the first season. Both those seasons were inland (Australia & Africa), and desperate to appeal to the target audience - 25-35 year-olds with money, they returned to beach locations in the hopes that hot bods in bathing suits were their key to Neilson heaven. Marquesas, Thailand, Amazonandonandon - straight out of Central Casting. Pearl Islands had the same formula - a lot of hot bods with a handful of non-whites and a couple of off the wall older folk to spice things up. Funny thing was, a Hispanic woman won, the runner-up was a fifty-something oddball who wore a Boy Scout uniform and the most popular player in Survivor history (at that point) was the oldest man in the entire Pearl Islands cast - Rupert.

Ratings picked up that season and Survivor casts have become increasingly diverse ever since, with Fiji being the most diverse ever - even moreso than Cook Islands where the twist was to divide the tribes along racial lines. Frankly, I would LOVE to see a Big Brother with more than just one token gay, or non-white, or old fart, or non-Christian, etc. etc.

Same-old same-old gets boring - I want action! How about a bunch of die-hard Palestinian and Israeli house guests, boxing.gif or a couple of strippers or nymphomaniacs in a house with a bunch of Bible thumpers or male preachers jawdrop.gif , or Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump stars.gif . C'mon Big Brother - mix it up a bit!

#10 KingOfRealityTV

KingOfRealityTV

• Pip
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:10 PM

me too...

#11 Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 30,354 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:13 PM

I saw it I saw it.... whooo hooooo

I put in for some vacation days. I will be off July 5th thru the 11th. That will give me some BB time on the feeds to get aquainted with the HG.

#12 Daisyflower

Daisyflower

• Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

I'm happy that some of you saw the new commercial to. Its like we KNOW it is coming, but seeing the commercial kind of made it concrete ;-)

I can't imagine a summer without BB !!

#13 WannaBeBB9

WannaBeBB9

• Pip
  • 341 posts

Posted 14 May 2007 - 08:16 PM

Me too! Me too! I'm so excited!!!!

#14 Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:04 AM

I could not put my finger on it until I saw this thread....

Something about the last edition of Survivor Fiji just took the life out of me this week for Reality TV. I could not bring myself to watch Dancing with the Star "Semi Finals" last night and American Idol Final 3 is not yanking my chain and it was because I thought that I was just getting burnt out after all the Yauman/Dreamz Survivor finale drama....

That was not it...it was the BB8 commercial during Survivor. It was the reminder that I wanted/need to keep in check that all this reality "stuff" is just a way to cope until BB returns. I actually backed up the DVR to rewatch the commercial. Since BB2 my summers have involved the BB Quad Cam, daily Morty fixes and Diet Soda. It all started with Will, I tried to find others that thought he was as quirky and clever as I thought he was, that's when it all started. The addiction returns...I can't wait.

Hi my name is CalifCyclone and I am a BigBroaholic.

#15 Daisyflower

Daisyflower

• Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 11:00 AM

Since BB2 my summers have involved the BB Quad Cam, daily Morty fixes and Diet Soda. It all started with Will, I tried to find others that thought he was as quirky and clever as I thought he was, that's when it all started. The addiction returns...I can't wait.

Hi my name is CalifCyclone and I am a BigBroaholic.

Nice to meet 'cha CalifCyclone animated_wave.gif
I am in the same place with this years reality shows. My DS asked me if we would be watching the new Pirate Master.I told him that I didn't want to start watching anything else. BB consumes alot of my time in the summer, and I like it, and want it that way,LOL !!

#16 King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
YAH! i love it.. i cant wait, im an addict too. do you have a link to it?

#17 surfgranny

surfgranny

• Pip
  • 975 posts

Posted 16 May 2007 - 10:09 AM

Yeah, reality finale letdown seems to be going around bigtime this season. The Survivor finale was one of the lower rated finales for the show. I thought it was good, but then I'm not the demographic they want. It probably would have done better on it's own nite - Thursday - rather than try to go up against a kick-ass Desperate Housewives during May sweeps. The reunion show, however, was number one for that time slot - probably because all the old farts went to bed. sleep1.gif

Anyone planning to watch that new pirate_new.gif Survivor meets Treasure Hunt show? I'll give it a shot to kill time until the real reality show starts!

#18 Daisyflower

Daisyflower

• Pip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 04:57 AM

Anyone planning to watch that new Survivor meets Treasure Hunt show?

Thats the one my son wants to watch,but I am not sure I want to start it. I guess since it is also a CBS show, it won't be competing with BB for time slots though. This is the one that premiers on a Thursday in BB regular live show spot though right? Hmmmmmm

I am looking forward to So You Think You Can Dance though. I know thats coming, but I'm not sure of the start date.

#19 Sharonda99

Sharonda99

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,219 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:34 AM

Awesome! I haven't seen any commercials, but I'm glad to know they are out there b/c that makes it official!

#20 Yana

Yana

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 12,466 posts

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:42 AM

I thought I might post this for Daisy...

So you think you can dance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users