Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I Saw A Bb8 Commercial Last Night!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Daisyflower

Daisyflower

• Pip
  • 387 posts
It aired while we were watching the Survivor finale last night! Ofcourse it had clips of previous houseguests, but at the end it said "BB8 Coming in July!!"

I couldn't help but to get excited!

uvp

uvp

• Pip
  • 20,023 posts
i seen that same commercial a month ago

April

April

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,350 posts
I saw it for the first time during the survivor finale!

wahoo!!!

gizzmotor

gizzmotor

• Pip
  • 3,002 posts
I cannot beleive its less then 2 month till BB returns.

April

April

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 2,350 posts
And for that I am so happy!!

Am I the only one who is already planning out when they are going to watch and report the feeds giggle.gif I am all set up to report from the hammock in my yard!

Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,603 posts

On tv???

Last night was the first for me too!!

DreamAngel

DreamAngel

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,186 posts
Last month was the casting call commercials. I've been monitoring all over the place for the commercials to bring to you guys so I can say it with confidence that the commercial on during survivor last night was brand new.

Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,603 posts
Thanx Dream wink.gif , thats what I thought!

surfgranny

surfgranny

• Pip
  • 975 posts
I missed the commercial - probably was on while I was backing up my dvr to replay what someone or another said.

No biggie though since I want to see the show more than an ad telling me it's coming. I just hope that Allison and the other new BB producers paid close attention to Survivor's last couple of seasons and take a page from their ability to hire a diverse cast that extended well beyond ethnicity.

Fat, thin, buff, ripped, hottie, dork, old, young, funny, serious, smart, idiotic, athletic, klutzy, white collar, blue collar even no collar (dreamz tongue.gif ) made for a much more interesting show with twists not even the producers could have contrived - like Yau-man giving up the car. Survivor's cast moved on from casts where the majority looked like this past season's Boo and Jessica (the first to be voted off) - white, hot and young.

Survivor slipped into the beefcake/bimbo rut because the 2nd and 3rd seasons ratings were lower than the first season. Both those seasons were inland (Australia & Africa), and desperate to appeal to the target audience - 25-35 year-olds with money, they returned to beach locations in the hopes that hot bods in bathing suits were their key to Neilson heaven. Marquesas, Thailand, Amazonandonandon - straight out of Central Casting. Pearl Islands had the same formula - a lot of hot bods with a handful of non-whites and a couple of off the wall older folk to spice things up. Funny thing was, a Hispanic woman won, the runner-up was a fifty-something oddball who wore a Boy Scout uniform and the most popular player in Survivor history (at that point) was the oldest man in the entire Pearl Islands cast - Rupert.

Ratings picked up that season and Survivor casts have become increasingly diverse ever since, with Fiji being the most diverse ever - even moreso than Cook Islands where the twist was to divide the tribes along racial lines. Frankly, I would LOVE to see a Big Brother with more than just one token gay, or non-white, or old fart, or non-Christian, etc. etc.

Same-old same-old gets boring - I want action! How about a bunch of die-hard Palestinian and Israeli house guests, boxing.gif or a couple of strippers or nymphomaniacs in a house with a bunch of Bible thumpers or male preachers jawdrop.gif , or Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump stars.gif . C'mon Big Brother - mix it up a bit!

KingOfRealityTV

KingOfRealityTV

• Pip
  • 7,647 posts

me too...

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
I saw it I saw it.... whooo hooooo

I put in for some vacation days. I will be off July 5th thru the 11th. That will give me some BB time on the feeds to get aquainted with the HG.

Daisyflower

Daisyflower

• Pip
  • 387 posts

I'm happy that some of you saw the new commercial to. Its like we KNOW it is coming, but seeing the commercial kind of made it concrete ;-)

I can't imagine a summer without BB !!

WannaBeBB9

WannaBeBB9

• Pip
  • 341 posts
Me too! Me too! I'm so excited!!!!

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
I could not put my finger on it until I saw this thread....

Something about the last edition of Survivor Fiji just took the life out of me this week for Reality TV. I could not bring myself to watch Dancing with the Star "Semi Finals" last night and American Idol Final 3 is not yanking my chain and it was because I thought that I was just getting burnt out after all the Yauman/Dreamz Survivor finale drama....

That was not it...it was the BB8 commercial during Survivor. It was the reminder that I wanted/need to keep in check that all this reality "stuff" is just a way to cope until BB returns. I actually backed up the DVR to rewatch the commercial. Since BB2 my summers have involved the BB Quad Cam, daily Morty fixes and Diet Soda. It all started with Will, I tried to find others that thought he was as quirky and clever as I thought he was, that's when it all started. The addiction returns...I can't wait.

Hi my name is CalifCyclone and I am a BigBroaholic.

Daisyflower

Daisyflower

• Pip
  • 387 posts
Since BB2 my summers have involved the BB Quad Cam, daily Morty fixes and Diet Soda. It all started with Will, I tried to find others that thought he was as quirky and clever as I thought he was, that's when it all started. The addiction returns...I can't wait.

Hi my name is CalifCyclone and I am a BigBroaholic.

Nice to meet 'cha CalifCyclone animated_wave.gif
I am in the same place with this years reality shows. My DS asked me if we would be watching the new Pirate Master.I told him that I didn't want to start watching anything else. BB consumes alot of my time in the summer, and I like it, and want it that way,LOL !!

King123

King123

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 11,026 posts
biggrin.gif:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
YAH! i love it.. i cant wait, im an addict too. do you have a link to it?

surfgranny

surfgranny

• Pip
  • 975 posts
Yeah, reality finale letdown seems to be going around bigtime this season. The Survivor finale was one of the lower rated finales for the show. I thought it was good, but then I'm not the demographic they want. It probably would have done better on it's own nite - Thursday - rather than try to go up against a kick-ass Desperate Housewives during May sweeps. The reunion show, however, was number one for that time slot - probably because all the old farts went to bed. sleep1.gif

Anyone planning to watch that new pirate_new.gif Survivor meets Treasure Hunt show? I'll give it a shot to kill time until the real reality show starts!

Daisyflower

Daisyflower

• Pip
  • 387 posts
Anyone planning to watch that new Survivor meets Treasure Hunt show?

Thats the one my son wants to watch,but I am not sure I want to start it. I guess since it is also a CBS show, it won't be competing with BB for time slots though. This is the one that premiers on a Thursday in BB regular live show spot though right? Hmmmmmm

I am looking forward to So You Think You Can Dance though. I know thats coming, but I'm not sure of the start date.

Sharonda99

Sharonda99

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,220 posts
Awesome! I haven't seen any commercials, but I'm glad to know they are out there b/c that makes it official!

Yana

Yana

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 12,466 posts
I thought I might post this for Daisy...

So you think you can dance...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users