Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest XandraSkye

The L Word

27 posts in this topic

I don't remember who was posting about this show before but whoever you are.....

I'm totally loving this show now. I just got done watching the 3rd disc of the 1st Season. I wish I recorded the 2nd Season so I wouldn't have to wait for it to come out on DVD. I would watch them from here but I'm the type of person who doesn't like to miss episodes so it would drive me crazy to not see the episodes I missed.

If anyone ever hears about Showtime having a Season 2 marathon or repeating Season 2, could you please leave a post here.

Thanks.

It was me who originally posted about this. I just got my Showtime back and have caught a couple episodes of the second season and I'm really liking the turn the show has taken from the first season. If I come across any marathons of the 2nd season I will be sure to let you know.

Thanks! Who is your favorite character? Mine is Alice. My mom likes Shane.

On a personal note, after so many failed relationships with men and having the habit of only dating men who are no good for me, I seriously thought about switching teams because I've always gotten along better with women and I do find them attractive. But after watching this show I'm starting to see that some women are no better than men! That really makes me sad. So I guess I'll just stick to being a heterosexual and hope I meet someone half-way decent someday. <sigh>

It's funny you ask that because I am torn between Alice AND Shane I really like them both. I cannot stand Jenny. Talk about confused and messed up! Shane is really good to her though and I do tend to enjoy their scenes together. But you are right women are no better than men.

I haven't watched any of Season 2 yet. I still have two episodes left of Season 1. I watched 4 episodes last night. The last episode I saw was where that carpenter kisses Bette while all the other girls were on a trip to Palm Springs with Dana.

I thought Alice's relationship with Lisa, the male lesbian was hilarious. Just when you think you have seen it all!

Since you have seen some episodes of Season 2 maybe you can clear a few things up for me. I just watched the episode where Tina loses the baby but in season 2 she's pregnant again. How the heck does that happen?

And I agree with you about Jenny. At least once every episode I say, "Girl, go to therapy!!!"

WOOHOO! I just found out that Showtime Too is showing a marathon of the first 5 episodes of Season 2 starting at 9pm on Friday, March 25th.

I'm going straight home and setting up the HDD so I don't forgot!

I thought Alice's relationship with Lisa, the male lesbian was hilarious.  Just when you think you have seen it all!

Since you have seen some episodes of Season 2 maybe you can clear a few things up for me.  I just watched the episode where Tina loses the baby but in season 2 she's pregnant again.  How the heck does that happen?

Alice got set up on a blind date on the last episode with a man she is too funny!

Tina got pregnant again before her and Bette broke up but never told her she did it because she knew how badly Bette wanted a child and wanted to surprise her...Alice is the only one who knows Tina is pregnant so far. It seems as though everyone, including Bette finds out in the next episode.

Thanks for letting me know. I was totally confused on that.

I set up my HDD for those first 5 episodes and for the one that airs next Sunday. So I can have a little mini marathon when I get home from my trip next Monday. WooHoo! I can't wait.

I watched the last two episodes of season 1 over the weekend. Good stuff. I can't believe Marina. She is a predator! Poor Jenny. That girl is fragile enough as it is, she doesn't need Marina messing with her head even more!

Well Marina is no more this season. Let me know when you finally watch the episode that aired last night I was soo happy over one thing that took place but I don't want to post about it until you have seen it I would hate to ruin it for you.

I will definitely do that. I do have one question. Does it ever come out if Tonya (Dana's "fiance") killed Mr. P (her cat) or not? I have a feeling she did and for that reason I HATE HER!

Well I missed the first couple episodes of the new season so unless it came out during those episodes then no it didn't.

Showtimes May schedule has confirmed "The L Word" will wrap its second season on Sunday, May 15 at 10:00/9:00c. "Queer as Folk," which is entering its final season, then will take over the slot the following week.

I've seen the first 3 episodes of Season 2 now but there really isn't anything to comment on. I think the Dana and Alice thing is very cute and I'll be very happy when Dana dumps the annoying Tonya. I think it's cool that Kit is taking over The Planet now that Marina is gone, who I won't really miss. And I hate Shane's hair but the new chick she's been hooking up with, Carmen, is a H-O-T-T-I-E. I don't know, if I was Shane, I might break my "no relationships" rule for her.

Oh just wait things will be heating up in the next few episodes they are just building up the story lines in the first few episodes in the ones that follow they really start to unfold. I agree with you about Carmen she is HOT! Wait till you see what happens with Tina and who she has a fling with. Things between Shane/Jenny/Carmen get heated. Oh it gets good!! :lol: I'll shut up now!

Ok, I'm all caught up now. I have seen all the episodes that have aired for Season 2.

I have to say, I enjoyed Season 1 better but it's still a good show. I'm very happy Dana and Alice are now officially a couple. And I'm glad to see that Jenny isn't as spastic as she was in Season 1. But I do think she should just let Carmen go because it's quite obvious that if Shane said "C'mere" to her, she'd dump Jenny like a hot potato. And I still think Shane is nuts for brushing Carmen off. Dang, that girl is SEXY!

Ok, question. In last week's episode Mark (the perv) was watching Shane in her bedroom with the twins (who looked like they didn't need Shane at all....ewwww) and Mark kept rewinding the tape...why? Was it because he was trying to figure out what Shane was doing? And what was she doing? I thought she might be doing a line of coke or something. And that boy is definitely a tad bit obsessed with her. I have a feeling that's gonna end very badly.

And speaking of Shane, I think she is the best person to work for that Veronica Bloom (Camryn Manheim looks great except for that short blonde hair) chick because she so does not care about all that Hollywood crap and won't let her push her around. And it is sooo obvious that Veronica really likes Shane but she's so used to being "the boss" that she can't give it a break and just be the friend that she is so obviously screaming to be. Her whole manner is screaming, "BE MY FRIEND, PLEASE".

Bette. Man, she really is a self-absorbed Beotch, isn't she? But, I can't help but like her and hope that her and Tina get back together. Especially now that Tina is pregnant (I think she pregnant in real life because her boobs were huge and her face looks fuller - and how brave is she to do a love scene, with a woman nonetheless, while she is pregnant?!?). I don't really care for this Helena chick, who isn't any less controlling than Bette is, just in a different way. And how funny is it, and a little unrealistic, that Better is getting hit on left and right?

Looking forward to next week's episode. It looks like a good one and Lara is back...woohoo. I always liked her. She's another cutie. I thought Dana was nuts for breaking it off with her.

I LOVE Dana and Alice together!!

I still can't decide if I love or hate Jenny. I think since moving in with Shane she has become more likeable and I really enjoy their scenes together. I agree with you about Carmen she is soo sexy! I also agree that Carmen should just let Jenny go, she will only hurt her because we know how much she longs for Shane. Jenny gets so emotionally involved in everything she sets her sights on. That is not necessarily a bad thing but in this situation with Carmen it is.

Ok onto Mark, the whole cameras in every room freaks me out. I get it that he is doing this whole "documentary" but he went too far. If the girls find out he's done for. I think he was trying to figure out what Shane was doing as well. She may have been smoking something but it was too blury to tell. I get a kick out of Shane. I don't know if you watch Queer as Folk but she reminds me of Brian. I wonder if Mark would ever sleep with Shane is given that opportunity or visa versa?? Either way I agree it will end horribly. It was nice to see He came to her rescuse at the end of this weekds episode.

I loathed Bette at the end of last season for what she did to Tina. She can be very selfish and self absorbed but this season we are now seeing the remorseful side of Bette. Now I love to hate her. I was wondering if Tina was pregnant in real life?? I think you are right. I don't care for Helena either I get the feeling she is one of those women who wants you for that moment but once she has gotten everything she needs out of it she will drop you as quickly as it took to get you. I don't have a good feeling about that one. The scene with the 2 of them in the pool HOLY MOLEY CANOLI!!! When I first started watching this show the sex scenes made me a little uncomfortable but now i'm used to it and im rather intrigued by them. They really push the sex factor this season.

Ok I have to say how uncomfortable watching Jenny and Carmen's scenes are getting. They are the odd couple I would love more than anything for Shane to open up that damn heart of her's and let Carmen in. Have I mentioned how hot Carmen is?? LOL!

I haven't watched Sunday's episode yet. I was gonna watch it tonight but my mom and I might watch a movie instead. Then again, I could watch it after The Amazing Race. If I do, I'll check it tomorrow and comment on the episode.

Yes, Carmen is H O T! With a hot body too. Not too skinny and curves in all the right places. :wink: And I think she looks like she could be Eva Longoria's sister.

Twinkle: You still watching? The season is almost over. Only one more episode. I haven't watched last night's episode yet but I probably will Tuesday after work.

What do you think about all the role playing Dana and Alice are doing? Those two definitely enjoy their nookie. And I was glad the Shane/Carmen thing finally came out. It was better that Jenny found out. Carmen and Shane should be together. And I'm glad that Tina is thinking about getting back together with Bette and is finally getting a little fed with Helena. It's about time Tina stood up for herself!

BTW, I have recorded the entire season so if you missed any episodes let me know, I can send you a copy. And it should work unlike that 'Gilmore Girls' episode.

Yes I'm still watching. Wait until you watch this weeks episode and see the previews for the season finale I'm not too happy with the way things seem to be turning out. It seems that while Tina is giving birth she has some complications and they are making it seem like Dana and Alice won't stay together :(

I think their role playing is hysterical they really know how to spice things up. Bette and Tina belong together that Helena is a women eater and I didn't like her from the beginning.

I didn't feel bad for Jenny when she found out the truth about Shane and Carmen because she had to see it coming! Shane and Carmen are a much better fit for eachother. I'm sad its almost over :(

FROM TV GUIDE: Entertainment News

THE C WORD: The L Word has tapped Tony winner Alan Cumming to guest-star in six episodes of the show's third season, debuting in early '06. Cumming will play a savvy party promoter who Pam Grier hires to manage her restaurant.