Courtesy of: VARIETY

CBS, 'Survivor' go to China

'Pirate Master' premieres May 31

By JOSEF ADALIAN

probst_jeff.jpg

Probst

burnett_mark.jpg

Burnett

CBS has booked China as the location for the next edition of "Survivor," and locked in premiere dates for two key summer reality shows -- including Mark Burnett's "Pirate Master."

Production of U.S. entertainment projects in mainland China had been rare, due to logistical and government restrictions. But with a growing economy, China has begun a more open policy, including its active wooing to host the 2008 Beijing Olympics. While bigscreen features, such as the 2006 "The Painted Veil," forged new ground by filming completely in China, CBS's lensing of an entire series is a precedent for an American network.

The China setting should also boost "Survivor's" appeal to overseas auds. Skein airs in numerous countries around the world.

The move to China for the 15th edition takes the skein away from an island setting for the first time since the 11th installment, set in Guatemala.

In addition to "Pirate Master," Mark Burnett Prods. is producer "On the Lot" for Fox (premiering May 22), as well as a "Shrek"-themed online skein for AOL and DreamWorks.

The Eye's summer sked kicks off May 31 at 8 p.m. with the premiere of "Pirate Master." The skein inherits "Survivor's" regular season timeslot, bowing seven years to the day that "Survivor" first premiered on CBS.

Net ordered 13 episodes of the unscripted adventure last year (Daily Variety, Nov. 6).

For the past couple of years, CBS has aired the "Big Brother" results show on Thursday nights. With "Pirate Master" now slated for the night, it's possible the net could be mulling a change in the "Brother" air pattern.

Eye did confirm another bit of scheduling, saying that "Creature Comforts" -- the long-in-the-works project from Aardman Animations -- will premiere June 4 at 8 p.m.

"Creature Comforts" -- which combines stop-motion animated animals with audio from interviews with average Americans -- inherits the timeslot normally occupied by "How I Met Your Mother." No word on where that skein will air over the summer.

Date in print: Wed., Apr. 18, 2007, Los Angeles

Survivor 15 Maps

The preview said it was on a lake so I don't think the map is right. (I could be wrong if its a very big lake)

I was reading a magazine on the weekend (US weekly or something like that) and it had alittle blurb in it about the Survivor after the China series, and guess what they are doing another all stars!!! But with a new rule, no winners are allowed back, well at least thats something!

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor China Will Be Fifteenth Season Of Survivor

At the end of the Survivor Fiji reunion show, Jeff Probst revealed that the fifteenth season of Survivor would take place in China. Probst described China as

Yes that's the word... Survivor 16 is supposed to be another all stars and therefore the end of the show... Again I have only heard rumors so can't say for sure though...

Oh they didnt say anything about it being the end of the show, I really hope not, I dont want an all stars to be the last one!

Jeff once said in an interview that he was told by seg that the last season would be another all stars and there wouldn't be another all stars until then... Who knows though, the way the ratings are maybe they will stay on....

i hope its not the last one either

THEY SHOULD GO TO OKLAHOMA! and they have to live in a big corn field... that would make a good season :/

I don't like this China locale on bit.... nope... not one bit.... Are they not commies still???

I think so, i didnt like the Idea either. i dont think its going to be that great of aseason.

i was browsing my wrestling spoilers tonight yall. it said that playboy diva ashley massaro was writen off tv cause she was doing a taping of survivor. this is more then likely true cause they are filming survivor china right now

They haven't started filming yet... They start at the end of June, but it is possible that she has left already... Whoever is going around telling this "news" needs to be careful... The producers have been known to pull people before, because they let the "secret" out before filming started... Also I found this over at sucks...

ArdentAsh just said that her stint off Smackdown! was for a movie shoot.

And then there was this...

We received an email from reader Jason Christolo telling of an encounter with WWE superstar Paul London in a local airport. The fan says after chatting with London for a bit and asking what it was like working with Ashley Massaro, London said Ashley was written out of the WWE storylines because she's leaving to be a contestant on the Survivor reality show.

And then there is this one about some poker star guy...

This isn't my spoiler per se, but it's being discussed pretty openly at one of the bigger poker boards that Jean-Robert Bellande ('Bobby' to his friends) a fairly well-known poker degenerate/pro is expected to be on the S15 cast.

It sounds like D- list celebs if it is...

I hope not....

There is some speculation on it being a semi celb Survivor... Who really ever knows...

UM KING WWE AND POKER ARE 2 OF THE MOST RAPIDLY RISEING SPORTS. THEY ARE B LIST CELEBS AT THE VERY LEAST. IF YOU FIND ANY MORE RUMORS AFLOAT YANA POST EM HERE FOR ME. WHSIPERS TO YANA KING DOESNT LIKE IT NOW BUT WAIT TILL HE SEES WHAT ASHLEY LOOKS LIKE :animated_rotfl: KING YOU SHOULD WAKE UP AND ANSWER YOUR MSN MESSENGER SOMETIME. CALLS DIBS ON ASHLEY! :animated_rotfl:

Just cause you were so nice and whispered in my ear and all here ya go... This is Ashley

6azkbjn.jpg

I agree with King...please no D-list celebs!

We're probably not going to be seeing Ashley Massaro on WWE programming for quite a while. A fan met up with Paul London a few days ago and he said that Ashley was being written out of the storylines because she's temporarily leaving the company to be a contestant on the Survivor reality show on CBS. They're scheduled to film in China this summer, and the season is set to premiere in the fall. Here are details of the fan's chance meeting with Paul London. Take this for what its worth now, until we hear an official announcement on Ashley being on Survivor:

A few weeks ago, I ran into Paul London in the airport and we were chatting it up about the biz. He was telling me about the moves that Vince had banned him from doing, cruiserweight division, etc. He seemed like a cool guy. Turns out he lives in Austin and we fly in/out of the same airport. I ran into him a couple days ago and was complimenting him on his three way tag match last week.

We chatted again for a while, and I was talking about him and Kendrick being a great team. When I asked if he liked working with Ashley, he said they wrote her out of the storylines because she's leaving to do Survivor. Yeah, the Survivor reality show! How do you think she'll do on there? She's already so skinny, I can't see her noly eating any less. Has there ever been a contracted WWE talent on a reality show? It's the first one I can think of. Anyways, thought I'd share this news. Hopefully I'll run into Paul again, he's a really nice guy. - Jimmy Boy

Survivor with D List Celebs sounds like "Surviving with the Stars"

I really CAN wait for that...

Just thought I would let ya'll know that filming will start June 25th... Names that get out now could very well be cut from the cast... It wouldn't be the first time it's happened... So IF the poker player and the WWE wrestler were ever on they may not be now...

Sign in to follow this