Pairs Speculations

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just went back to the CBS website and saw what Kaysar does for a living, graphic designer. Then I remember that that is what Michael does as well, then Pino, you pointed out the similarities about the two! Wow, I am almost willing to bet money on this one! Too bad I don't gamble! :wink:

I do have a question though? I may totally be out of the loop, which I often am, but who is Pete Yorn? Both James and Sarah have him listed as their favorite band. James and Sarah also have Pearl Jam listed as their favorite band and they both list working out and reading as their favorite hobbies. Maybe there is something to this, maybe not... :?:

she kind of looks like a cross between Kelly Preston (in the face) and Anna Nicole Smith.

Guest rickjames

Hi all first post on Mortys. I live in Pembroke Pines Florida which Beau says is his home town. He is definetly matched up with Ashlea as she lives in Plantation which is the town over from ours. These towns are both suburbs of Ft Lauderdale. Seriously if I drive from pembroke pines to Plantation it is about 5 minutes to get there. Love the boards here hope to be able to contribute more soon.

Guest momof2

Sorry to disagree - buut we can't put the teams together by location! That would be to easy for us to figure out! But Ashlee and Jennifer both like "swedish fish" - what is that??

Guest ranster627
Sorry to disagree - buut we can't put the teams together by location!  That would be to easy for us to figure out!  But Ashlee and Jennifer both like "swedish fish" - what is that??
I agree it might be too easy but one or two pairs may be found out that way ...

I wonder if one pair is a set of Internet friends who have never met and live far apart?

A Morty's welcome to both of you though! :wink:

Guest eniper

I really don't think Swedish Fish are a clue. Do you know how many ppl like those dang things? Visit a college campus and it will probably be the most popular snack sold.

I think it depends on where you live .. I have never heard of those .. but I have heard of sour patch kids ..

Are they similiar?

they are just a gummy candy. They are not rubbery though like gummy worms. They have the same texture as the gummy candy you get at movie theaters. The grocery store near me just calls them gummy fish.

lol I still think that CBS is leaking certian information on purpose to make us think we know the partners .. only to find out how wrong we are .. :)

Guest ranster627
Ivette & James (EASY) (have each other as friends on friendsters)

Michael & Kaysar (EASY) (Live in same apartment complex, same interests)

Beau & Ashlea (EASY) (have each other as friends on friendsters)

Howie & Rachel

Eric & Maggie (Eric WAS a firefighter in Vegas, Maggie is a nurse in Vegas)

April & Jennifer 

Janelle & Sarah (TOTAL GUESS)

UPDATING AGAIN!

Michael & Kaysar (EASY) (Live in same apartment complex, same interests)

Beau & Ashlea (EASY) (have each other as friends on friendsters)

Howie & Rachel (Colorado connection, Bronchos)

Eric & Maggie (Eric WAS a firefighter in Vegas, Maggie is a nurse in Vegas)

April & Jennifer (Live close in Texas)

Sarah & James (looks are very close, brother/sister?)

Janelle & Ivette (The only 2 I have left!)

The Beau and Ivette pairing just seems too obvious.

OK....what's your thoughts on this... someone posted a great pic of Eric from Boston sitting on a fire truck. However, the fire truck appears to have "las Vegas" written on it.

Does this mean that he is married to Maggie from Las Vegas?

I do have a question though?  I may totally be out of the loop, which I often am, but who is Pete Yorn?  Both James and Sarah have him listed as their favorite band.  James and Sarah also have Pearl Jam listed as their favorite band and they both list working out and reading as their favorite hobbies.  Maybe there is something to this, maybe not... :?:

Ohhhh.. Pete Yorn is fabulous.

go to http://www.peteyorn.com/

I'm not gonna guess ..

I have some ideas but I really just want to wait for the show to see it revealed ..

I want to feel like I do on Christmas when someone gets me a GREAT gift I did't ask for/wasn't expecting ..

It's that .. 'oh my gosh .. how lovely' feeling ..

And I don't want to ruin that for myself. :)

Guest Shockalot

I dont have the .pdf viewer but I think that is some fascinating finds there BBmomma. Lets face it, if he is a firefighter/paramedic and she is an emergency room nurse and they were both in Vegas at the same time at some point its pretty likely they crossed paths?

Yep.. its pretty fair to say those two are a sure bet for a match. Great Research!!

TY!

Ok, Im not very bright but I think this is a fair question about the Secret Alliance twist CBS has going on.

We all have heard the basics - There will actually be Duo's entering the house. If they can keep their 'Partnership' secret and both end up in the Final Two - They win another 1Mil/50K.

Im confused about how or what they lose if someone does figure out they are in an alliance?

Keep in mind - everyone else has a secret partner. Its no leap in logic that any other houseguest might think "Hey, we are a secret Duo and surely CBS didnt just pick us alone?"

So they simply ask around... find out two guests are from Texas and ask "Are you a Duo?"

So what then?

Is the other 'team' disqualified from the Million Prize?

And after one pair is 'uncovered' surely everyone else is just going to expose the whole premise and admit that yes we are all duos?

So everyone is disqualified from the extra money?

Another thing.. So what if a Duo IS found out but get themselves to the final two anyway?

Should that be all the more reason to win the bigger prize?

Shockalot is confused easily but what do you guys make of this quandry?

Guest Connect4

I don't buy the duo alliance theory. Based on what my friend who went through the Memphis semi-finalist process told me, there was never anything about "Hey, do you have any friends who would also be good for the show?" or anything like that. Now they could've made those links with people after they decided on the finalists (i.e. had the finalists submit a list of friends who would be good candidates for the show), but that seems like a very unlikely premise to me.

It wouldn't surprise me though if there is one couple or partnership that has some sort of secret agreement and will receive X amount of money per week for each week they stay in the house undetected as such, like a combination of the Jason/Lori money from the tree in BB3 with the twins secret from BB5. But that's one of a million different possibilities.

I think there are 7 sets of Duo's

And Shockalot I was wondering the same thing about if they were found out.

The article I read that in said they would have to keep it secret to get a bigger prize. I think what they meant by that is people would want to keep it secret so them and their partner would make it to the end. It would make it easier. But if they are found out and they do make it to the end anyway, the winner still gets the $mil

Guest eniper

From what I understand the duo had to make it to 1 and 2 without being found out. If that happens then they get 1 million and 50,000. If they are found out at any point then the prize money stays the same as it has been for the past 5 years. Yes it is highly likely that if one team is found out then they will all be outed. If they are smart though they will keep their mouths shut. I think CBS agreed to up the prize money this way b/c they figure no one will make it to the end undetected. I am also beginning to believe that at least some of the HG know more than one person in the house. It should be an interesting summer.