Pairs Speculations

I think that playing with partners caused the houseguests to polorize so completely, There haven't really been any real 'floaters' this year with the exception of James. And even he would not have been a *true* floater had Howie not put him and Sarah up. He has said that he would have stayed loyal to the Sov6. He says it in such a matter of fact way that I believe him.

So basically, under the theory there is strength in numbers the two camps have pretty much huddled together trying to stay out of range of the other teams arrows making them a target. (Metaphor stretched too thin -- sorry).

Everyone on the friendship side says that they didn't really want to win, that they all came in there for their partners. I think that's a bunch of BS .. but it's what they say. If it were really true, it would explain why they can't win compeitions.

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes and no. I think there would have still been sides, and I think they would be the same as they are now because certain types gravitate towards eachother, but I don't think it would have occurred so early in the game. Once it was out in the open, the pairs were broken up fairly fast so I don't think the outcome would have been different.

And just for a side note...I don't think most of the HG were playing strategically to begin with. This game was more personal from the beginning than their need to break up pairs.

Guest unvanilla
dietekocgirl

Everyone on the friendship side says that they didn't really want to win, that they all came in there for their partners.

I think this would have to be the main difference -- and a welcome one, at that!

If I hear one more time, "I'm not really here for the money -- I just came because blah-blah brought me," I'm gonna take hostages!! ARRGH!!

It's total BS, by the way. That fence in the BY has an unlocked gate and a panic button -- anyone is welcome to walk out anytime they wish. And really, as miserable as it is in there, why else WOULD someone stay if not for the money?? Certainly not the riveting "Janelle has hair extensions" debate!!

I think the partners idea could have worked if BB had chosen 14 strangers who really wanted to win the money and partnered them up in the week before they entered the house. That way there would have been more of a desire on everyone's part to play the game and less of the current playing for sequester.

As it stands, I think the partners idea is a bust.

james for sure if sarah wasnt their james would get mad play from the other chicks. michael if he didnt have kaysar his behavior would have been ignore. maggie without eric would have been a more low key player. rachel without howie to protect would have went further. howie dumb jock made her a target because she was perceive to be the brains behind the organization. janelle without a partner would still been an outcast because of her big boobs and highly makeup features. kaysar would have still been crying they out to get me bcause i am a muslim. april without a partner would still be thebig gosspier. jennifer without a partner would have been gone earlier on in the game because she would piss off everyone with her flirting and sneakyness. howie without a partner would still been the dumb jock. eric with or without a partner he would still assume the leadership role and govern the house. ashlea did she even have a partner because janelle didnt help her one bit. sarah without james would have been lost. beau without a partner he still be the gay guy in the girls group whose job its is to steal conversation from the guys group and bring it back to the girls. ivette would still have been the sassy latin chick regardless of a partner.