Sign in to follow this  
Califcyclone

Fiji Immunity Idol Strategies

It seems like the Immunity Idol (II) can play out in so many different ways this season...especially after Yau-man created his own. As the weeks go on what are some of the ways you think it can/will play out? What do you think of a players overall II strategies? Are the players pursing the optimal strategy?

Fiji Immunity Idol Factors - Please add or correct:

There appears to be two II this season - one at each camp

The II must be exposed after the votes are cast and before the votes are read

Yauman has found the Moto II - 3/29 Episode 7

Yau-man has teamed with Earl - Earl distracted the rest of the tribe.

Yau-man has created a "False Idol" (FI)

Lisi knows info on the location of II from her visit to Exhile Island

Lisi told Alex and Edgardo about the II (at Ravu camp)

It appears all of Ravu will know about the II at Ravu's camp next week.

Does Lisi know there are 2 II? Did she share this info with rest of the RAVU herd?

Remaining players who have II details (been to Exhile Island): Earl, Yau-man, Lisi

Some things to Ponder:

How on earth might Yau-man's false idol play out?

What ways might the partnership between Earl and Yau-man play out?

Was Lisi correct to share her knowledge of the II - What should she have done?

Should non II holders force a suspected Idol holder to expose the II and get it out of play?

I am excited about how the II will get played this year. Recently we have only seen people sit on it and thats no fun. I always think the best strategy (when you think someone has the II) is to vote for that someone, just to get it out of the game. And the earlier the better. I def don't think any1 will fall for the fake II and if its found, it will actually let someone know that the real II has been claimed. I am waiting for

the whole "big decision that def affects the outcome of the game"- (paraphrased)Jeff Probst, cause this seems to involve the II and it should be pretty good. Those of us that read spoilers already know (or think we do) whats gonna happen, but it'll be fun to watch. I like Yau, but if you are too trusting in this game, that can break you...and oh, what good television

PS I love this spoiler black out!

I just re watched this weeks epi, including the "scenes from next week" that I missed on Thursday. Not sure if scenes from next week and discussion of such is a spoiler, but since I like the blackout anyway...I'll use it to be safe :)

I am really excited about whats going to happen at Ravu as far as them digging for the idol while Lisi and Dreamz sleep. Thats very dirty play, IMO, and I love it. What make it even better is that its three people, not just one so if they find it, they have the II and a voting block to counter any backlash from "stealing" the idol. Also, we might end up with the classic "rat and snake" if one of these three make it (with the stolen II) to F2 and if Earl screws over Yau. Whoopee, this season is looking better already. Unless, of course, Lisi is in on the dig and is "sleeping" to throw off Dreamz.

Any comments about the 'fake' Immunity Idol being dug up ??

Yau-man will be immortalized in Survivor history for this little stunt ... along with Rupert's taking the shoes on his season's opening episode :lol:

I'm just hoping it plays out that they actually use it at Tribal Council ..... mmuuuaaahhhhhhhh

should be fun to watch :excl:

yawwwnnnn.... it's been soooo boring

Abba - No one found the fake idol, but I agree with slowpoke that Yau-man's fake idol is a classic -especially if it gets found and someone tries to use it. Of couse as Cajun indicated only Boo could be fooled by the fake one (lol).

I am interested to see if Lisi's post Survivor chats include any statements around sharing the info with Alex and Edgardo. Wonder if she regrets that. She probably would not say it if she did, but this is a good example of why one should not trust others - they are playing a game. Yau-man took a risk with Earl and it looks like it will pay-off but Lisi was about to get stung by it. Ed, Mook and Alex had to want to vote Lisi out at the next tribal council (to bury her knowledge of the idol) - she walked right into it when she asked to be voted out.

Wonder if Alex and Edgardo "regret" sharing the knowledge of the idol with Mookie and how they really feel about Mookie finding the idol. I rewatched the scene last night as Mookie found the idol and grabbed it and kept control of it while celebrating the find with Alex and Edgardo. You can see Alex's hand reach out for it but pull back - it was clear right then that this was Mookie's idol. When Mookie shows the idol to the others he keeps a tight hand on it.

Hopefully there will be some idol action when the tribes merge and we see if Mookie and Yau-man join forces. They could have a very strong voting block with 2 idols among the them and any final 4 or 5 partners.

That was not very smart of them to tell him the clues, I mean he was a "one" that is now a "one with an idol". I am sure they regret that. I loved loved loved the edit on Lisi being fooled, plus her choice of words, "got to get up pretty early"...they did! lol, classic line, sure to be remembered.

oops .... I posted

"Any comments about the 'fake' Immunity Idol being dug up ??"

I musta missed that there were TWO of them :blush: That'll teach me to read Morty's Survivor Fan Page when

I miss part of a show :excl:

..... and here I was sooooo excited that something exciting might happen :angry2:

I have to admit I'm curious how it will play out after the merge .....

Slow there was one at each camp...plus Yau-Mans fake one he buried in the whole where he dug up his. LMAO

Next week could be interesting if Mookie takes his idol and aligns with Earl/Yauman - especially in light of the previews showing Dreams announcing to Earl and others that Moogie has an Idol.

I was glad to see that Moogie saw that the plan to keep Stacy was not in his favor. And, while Dreams did show restraint for not votiing off Stacy, I am hoping that he remembers how he was treated and that he can secure a top 4 position within a realigned Earl/Yau-man/Moogie/Dream (and Cassandra) team.

Hopefully someone remaining is a Big Brother fan and see's that Alex/Edgardo are in the Dr. Will/Boogie seat and that they should not wait until the end to break it up by continuing to pick off floaters.

Hey, watch the name calling!! I wouldn't call my dog "boogie" if he bit me. However, I am interested....what comparison do you see b/t alez/edguardo and will/boogie? IMO they are not very manipulative and not that good at strategery(god bless yale educated GW, I love that word). They have just lucked into being able to save their own hides, and were even dumb enough to tell Mookie where the II was and then allow him to keep possession. They are gone soon.

Abba: I am seeing Alex/Edgardo like Will/Boogie in the sense that they are a strong twosome that is in some kind of an alliance with most everyone (except Earl and Yau-man and that is most likely a matter of timing). They are not necessarily floaters but playing an aggressive game - with everyone. They appear to be extremely adaptable to whatever situation they encounter. While I don't think they expected Mookie to get physical possession of the Idol, they have a "verbal" stake in it. They got Dreamz to vote out Michelle when it was clear in the old Moto days that Stacy could not even be civil to Dreamz let alone have his back. They even got Lisi voted out in a non-contentious way (after they scammed her out of the II).

At this point I would like to see Mookie flip over with Earl/Yau-man - because I would love to see immunity idol have double power AND to see Dreamz/Cassandra align with them. It would be interesting to see howAlex/Edgardo adapt again.

They have been pulling the strings on some/most of the eliminations and could stack the jury with people who think that they are worthy. It could all go South real fast if Mookie and Dreamz flip to an Earl/Yauman alliance. But Alex/Ed could/should be getting the old Moto back together to Pagong Earl and Yau-man (and then most likely Mookie).

Hmmm, interesting. I guess they have been doing a lot of behind the scenes manipulation. But I've been seeing it as accidental scrambling, not planned strategy. Good point, though that the other players need to realize their twosome "power" and vote them out. I think I need to rewatch a couple of epis through these dif colored glasses you've given me...

Any thoughts on them re burying the II? It seems a little late in the game for there to be potentionally two IIs in play. it'll now be an advantage to go to exile isle, I mean its not that much worse than the old Ravu camp.

The next Reward Challenge is very important. You definitely want to win it so you can ensure that an ally goes to Exile Island as opposed to an enemy.

There was a lot of drama this week about Mookie giving the II to Alex and then Alex using it (and essentially wasting it) because the opposing alliance outwitted them. It looks like next week there will be even more twists with Mookie and Alex finding out that Yau-man has the Idol.

I like that the II is coming into play this year and I think it is kind of fun to see it being more than a passive tool used by the people possessing it. Good point Abba and Rebel that the next challenge will have a twist on who folks will want to go to Exile Island. The problem can become...Going to Exhile Island and NOT finding the II can as you will/can be a target for the next vote.

Strategies this year are getting everyone involved in the fun and "forcing" the II out in the open. I was sort of hoping that something like that might happen and couldn't be happier to see Edgardo "backdoored". Yau-man said something earlier about how it will get crazy with all the II running around (of course he was referring to his fake), but future tribal councils can get even more squirrely with another idol coming into play. I can't say I am happy to se Mookie and Alex targeting Yau-man (or Earl) but the game is afoot and it will be fun to see how Yau-man "outwits, outplays and outlasts" the revenge of the Al-Mookie.

I can not believe the audacity of those two to go through someone else's stuff. Now there is the game, and there is out and out cheating. Granted, Yau should be keeping the idol on his person at all times, but.....the, the, ugh I can't even think of a good word I am so disgusted. :lipsrsealed2:

I think thats different, Yau took a quick look in her bag, those guys are going through his stuff.. or at least that is how they made it look.

Yeah, I'd have to rewatch to be sure but I think he just looked in her bag, not pawed through her stuff. There is a line, IMO

Stealing another teams shoes seems like a wrong thing to do, but it made Rupert famous.

While I think it is a violation of privacy in the regular world...this is Survivor.

Wonder if the Rules specifically allow or disallow going through peoples stuff.

And, it looks like Yau-man opened the door by looking into Sylivia's bag

Looks like people will need to rehide the Idol in a "safe spot" in the future.

Sign in to follow this