Big Brother 8 ...in The Media

Lynnmurr

Courtesy: Reality TV Magazine

realitycon2007article.gif

The second annual Reality TV Convention is taking place in Nashville, Tennessee at the Radisson at Opryland on June 30 & July 1, 2007. The 2007 Reality TV Convention is a reality TV fan-focused event that includes a meet and greet with reality TV stars, panel discussions on reality TV shows, and information on auditioning for reality TV shows. The 2007 Reality TV Convention features reality stars from shows such as American Idol, Amazing Race, Big Brother, Survivor, The Biggest Loser, The Ultimate Coyote Ugly Search, Trick My Truck, and more. A listing of reality stars currently scheduled to appear can be found at www.realitytvconvention.com.

Read full article here.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Courtesy: Reality TV Calendar

Big Brother 8 Schedule

Big Brother 8 will premiere on Thursday July 5th on CBS throughout the United States, and Global TV in Canada.

It will then air its second episode on Sunday July 8th before beginning it's regular scheduled airings every Tuesday, Wednesday and Sunday throughout the Summer of 2007.

Live Feeds

The live feeds will once again be offered on Reality TV Calender. They are the only way to really know what is going on in the house. You can sign up here.

Read the full story here.

Poster's edit: Please sign up for the live feeds here.

Courtesy: MSNBC

"Big Brother" among returning summer shows

But "Rock Star" won't be taking the stage any time soon

070601_malin_hmed_11a.hmedium.jpg

"Big Brother"

Yes, the hamsters are coming back: "Big Brother 8" will premiere on July 5 on CBS, with Julie Chen back as host. Producer Arnold Shapiro has left the show, and remaining producer Alison Grodner told Variety that "now we're getting a chance to start once again with a fresh cast and new twists."

Read the full article here.

Did you see this new schedule info.... ??? sorry If I'm not posting in the right forum. !

LOS ANGELES (thefutoncritic.com) -- CBS has confirmed its rollout schedule for "Big Brother" while newcomer "Pirate Master" is being sent to Tuesday nights.

"Brother" will launch its eighth season on Thursday, July 5 at 8:00/7:00c with its Sunday and Tuesday editions due on July 8 at 8:00/7:00c and July 10 at 9:00/8:00c, respectively.

Said installments mirror its broadcast schedule from last summer, save for Tuesday nights where it aired at 8:00/7:00c instead of 9:00/8:00c.

As for "Pirate Master," the show's sixth episode will follow "Big Brother" at 9:00/8:00c on July 5 before it settles into its new Tuesday, 10:00/9:00c home on July 10.

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7404

I hope they are going with the Thursday schedule.

Church on Sunday evenings and Wednesday evenings (don't need another excuse to skip!) and meetings on Tuesday...Thank goodness for DVR!!! (Can I delete Sopranos in order to free up space for BB??? Can't delete the Superbowl or Peyton on SNL, so that means that Sopranos go!)

sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum !

Got this annoucement from Entertainment Weekly Online http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20041846,00.html

Big Brother, After Dark launching on Showtime

Come July 5, rabid fans of CBS's Big Brother will have a new way to spy on the show's sequestered houseguests: the eye will start airing live feeds from the house on one of its sister Showtime channels. Dubbed Big Brother, After Dark, the live action in the house will air every night from 12 p.m. to 3 a.m. on SHOTOO, a Showtime channel that airs mostly theatricals and adult flicks and is available in over 14 million homes. This is the first time the network has aired live feeds on TV, though they have been available via the internet since BB launched seven years ago. Also new for fans this summer: episodes will be available on CBS.com. The eighth season of Brother will air Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays. And yes

Courtesy: Variety

CBS plans 'Big Brother' spinoff'

Reality hit spawns new series for cable

It's Showtime for "Big Brother."

The CBS summer staple is expanding in a big way for its eighth season, with the Eye planning to launch a spinoff series on one of its cable nets.

"Big Brother: After Dark" will feature a live, unedited feed from the "Big Brother" house. Skein will run three hours nightly from midnight until 3 a.m. ET/PT on ShoToo, Showtime's widely available companion net.

Because there are so many cameras in the house capturing multiple storylines, an online producer will decide which cameras auds will see. Profanity and nudity will be allowed, but the feed will be interrupted if houseguests say anything slanderous or that violates music copyrights.

Because "Big Brother" originates from Los Angeles, the feed viewers see will feature activity taking place between 9 p.m. and midnight.

"That's primetime for the 'Big Brother' house," said exec producer-showrunner Allison Grodner. "It's when our houseguests are most wide awake and having fun, talking about strategy and playing the game. People are going to see quite a bit."

New extension of "Big Brother" will premiere July 5, the same night as the CBS version of the skein. CBS will once again run "Brother" three nights a week: Thursdays and Sundays at 8 p.m. and Tuesdays at 9.

Scheduling means the Eye's new low-rated "Pirate Master" will move to a new timeslot. "Pirate Master" will receive a special one-night airing after the "Big Brother" bow, then shift on July 10 to Tuesdays at 10 (where it once again will benefit from a "Big" lead-in).

Addition of "After Dark" continues the Eye's efforts to turn the "Big Brother" brand into as much of a multiplatform experience as possible:

* Live feeds from inside the house will continue to be streamed via the Internet. Eye is partnering again with RealNetworks, which will charge $14.99 per month for the feed.

* "House Calls," the Internet talk strip devoted to "Big Brother" will be back for its fourth season. Gretchen Massey will host.

* Full-length episodes of the show will be streamed via the CBS Audience Network to multiple Web sites. Eye will also let users post selected clips to blogs.

* Eye will offer several mobile-phone packages packed with "Big Brother" content, including one in which subscribers can get breaking news of major developments inside the house.

Grodner and Rich Meehan are the exec producers of "Big Brother" and produce in association with Endemol USA.

Article can be found here.

Courtesy: Reality Blurred

Live Big Brother 8 feed will air on Showtime

This summer, Big Brother 8's live feeds will move to pay cable, allowing those who stare at tiny windows on their computers for three months to get a three-hour-a-day break, and exposing the live feeds to a larger audience. Big Brother: After Dark will be

Courtesy: WeLoveBigBrother

CBS... it's "Showtime"

Variety.com: The CBS summer staple is expanding in a big way for its eighth season, with the Eye planning to launch a spinoff series on one of its cable nets.

"Big Brother: After Dark" will feature a live, unedited feed from the "Big Brother" house. Skein will run three hours nightly from midnight until 3 a.m. ET/PT on ShoToo, Showtime's widely available companion net.

Because there are so many cameras in the house capturing multiple storylines, an online producer will decide which cameras auds will see. Profanity and nudity will be allowed, but the feed will be interrupted if houseguests say anything slanderous or that violates music copyrights.

Because "Big Brother" originates from Los Angeles, the feed viewers see will feature activity taking place between 9 p.m. and midnight.

Full story here.

This was posted a while ago but it looks like Bunky wants to host again.

BB2's Bunky needs your help

You may remember Bunky from Big Brother 2. He also was a candidate on last season's All- Stars. When he was not chosen for All-Stars, he took the roll as host of Housecalls on CBS.com. He recently contacted us asking for your help.

If you enjoyed Bunky hosting Housecalls alongside Gretchen, send CBS an email with your opinion. To contact CBS, use this form at CBS.com.

Also Bunky was recently in a short film that will be featured Sunday June 3 at 8:00 p.m. If you would like to watch it, go here and click on United 300. Give it a vote while you are at it to increase Bunky's chances of winning.

Courtesy: Houston Chronicle

CBS expands Big Brother

By MIKE MCDANIEL

Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

Big Brother is getting bigger.

CBS said Monday that the eighth edition of the summer reality series will return to the network on July 5 and will air Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.

In addition, a new and potentially racier edition of the show, Big Brother: After Dark, will air seven days a week on Showtime's "ShoToo" channel. Viewers will receive a live feed from the Big Brother house from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. daily.

As usual, Big Brother will include an online component, with clips and episodes available for download. Streaming video again will be available. And a three-month 24/7 "superpass" will again be offered for those who want to see it all live.

In another sign of connectivity, Big Brother will again be available for mobile subscriptions. Those who sign up will get clips, photos and "house alerts" delivered to their cell phones.

Other online elements continuing include:

CBS Confirms bits and pieces in official press release

In a press release Monday, CBS confirmed several pieces of information that have yet to be validated by the Network. Below are the important points.

* BB8 premiers Thursday, July 5 on CBS

* Weekly episodes on Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday

* Three hours of live action nightly on Showtime

* RealNetworks confirmed as provider of live feeds

* Full-length video episodes on CBS.com

* Around-the-clock mobile coverage on cell phones

* Housecalls returns to CBS.com

* America's Vote returns as you decide events in the house

* America Wins on Big Brother gives you the chance to win $$

* Gretchen Massey will host Housecalls

Full press release here.

WHOOOO HOOOO....sadly to say......the Highlight of my summer returns!!!.....I get mad, cry, laugh, and cheer on my fav's every year...and I love it, Love it, love it!!!

i like america's vote, like who gets to receive the phone call. i loved what happened, after janelle won the phone call. i don't want america deciding who wins hoh/veto, even if times i wish i could. i just hope maybe america's vote is for like a luxury item, or who wins a phone call in seasons past.

Courtesy: MarcellasReynolds.com

Marcellas Booted from Housecalls

"Alas it is time to make a statement. Due to budget cuts @ CBS Interactive, a format change & my increasingly busy TV and fashion career, I will not be returning as day to day host of House Calls. House Calls was created 4 years ago with me in mind. It is a show that I am tremendously proud to have been a part of. I not only hosted it but helped to produce it. As a part of the Big Brother, family I am honored to have worked on it and have been so closely identified with it. On a more personal note House Calls gave me something amazing, a friend, the brilliant and talented Gretchen Massey.

Some of the best times I have ever had on set were during House Calls. I am a fan of the show and shall continue to be a part of it, as well as Big Brother, in any way possible. The producers know that they can call on me any time, day or night and I'm there to help. I look forward to watching my girl Gretchen do her thing and also to an amazing new season of Big Brother.

Thank you to all the fans who have supported me and to the producers of House Calls and Big Brother who have helped me so much in my career. Please keep an eye out for me this summer and especially this fall. I am all over the place. From MTV to vh1 to E! to the Style Network. I'm working and truly blessed."

Full story here.

during BB i always put all my tv's on CBS lol, just to try to help ratings.. hehe i hope it works. anybody know?

Unless you have a Nielsen box, it won't make a difference. The ratings come from households who have been selected to receive a Nielsen box which identifies which shows the household watches. Each household is assumed to represent x-number of US households, so the ratings are never perfect... unfortunately, it won't matter for the ratings what we all watch! ;)

Archived