Sign in to follow this  
Cajunboiler

Sanjaya Malakar

I just saw on the tv news that Sanjaya has backing on the "worst singer" website... and also Howard Stern is asking his listeners to vote for him. Does anyone know what Howard Sterns take on the show is?

Hey, who knows what Howard Stern's take on anything is?

Even Howard Stern doesn't always know.

Do these vote for the worst websites have a significant effect on the outcome? Sanjaya was in the bottom 2 and had a huge fan base before the worst websites were voting for him.

Wonder how many people actually are involved in the Vote for the Worst...The number of those sites seems to be growing, and this could well be no joke--could have a significant impact on AI, especially at this stage of the contest.

You're right, Yath. And if this becomes a growing problem, many people such as myself will begin tuning out because of it. Who wants to watch a show with a "vote for the worst singer" website, Howard Stern, and God knows who else, in control? :angry2: They've got to come up with a better way to handle the voting...even if it comes down to a panel of judges. Don't get me wrong, I like the public voting much better, but if the current situation continues it makes a mockery out of the whole contest.

It really annoys me too. How dare these people mess up what should be a really fun experience for the "real" voters??

Are they really enjoying screwing this up for everyone? That's pathetic.

I assume--I hope--that the judges/producers are aware of this situation, and if so, we may well see a change in the format next season.

Unfortunately yes. There are lots of people who think it's a really great time to screw things up for other people. This goes along the same line as the people on message boards who always like to start fights, or who are trolls, taking on someone else's cyber identity. People like this like to make fun of anyone who would be such a loser as to post on a message board, or pay attention to AI, or anything that they find themselves entirely too cool to be a part of. But to me, it's the ultimate loser, that would take the time to sabotage these types of things.

When someone said they need a new way of voting, I thought maybe the contestants could vote themselves off, like in Survivor, or BB. But then they would be voting off the best right away. Gotta get rid of that competition you know! So that wouldn't work either.

I was thinking about this in terms of Sanjaya, because it's so unfair to HIM as well.

When he was told the other day that he could take a seat, he was safe, there was booing; how humiliating that is for him.

These ppl are putting him in a terrible position, and it's not fair to him.

I'm feeling kind of bad for him too. I haven't seen many of his performances. I checked out 'steppin out' on youtube. I'm not ashamed to admit that I liked it. But I like songs from that era, and Fred Astaire sings and dances to it in my favorite movie of all time, so maybe that's what did it for me.

I think he's too young for this competition, and what is up with his hair? I don't know who's stying it, but I wish they'd knock it off. He's too pretty to have styled hair -- he needs all the masculinity he can get. And getting his hair 'done' every week ain't helping him!

Oh yeah, I also saw the judges comments -- I swear these guys talk out of both sides of their mouths. Melinda Dolittle sings 'my funny valentine', and gets raves. Deservedly. But I remember when she first came out, I wondered if they were going to cut her down for picking an old song.

Sanjaya picks and old song and sho 'nuff--- wrong choice. What was he thinking, they asked.... I liked what he told them -- his dedication was to his grandfather. Doesn't that make sense? He picked something he thought his grandpa would enjoy.

So, I'm not a fan of his. Not a hater either. I don't like it that he's there because the teeny boppers think he's cute, or that the 'vote for the worst people' are controlling the voting.... But none of that is his fault. And I wonder if the judges are unnecessarily cruel, just because they think he should be voted off. For crying out loud, they are the ones who gave him the chance to compete. If he's so awful, why was he in the top 24 in the first place?

Even though the judges don't have a say in who gets voted off, I think they get their noses out of joint, when it's clear what their opinion is, and America doesn't listen to them.

The "Worst Idol" and Howard Stern voters are a small minority in this pond. However at this point in the show they may have a small but meaningless impact on who gets voted out first. The lower half of the field this season is very weak and the votes are very spread out. If the "minority" gangs up together they may succeed for a week or two. If one non-singer goes before the other non-singer, or visa versa, it is a moot point. They were both toast anyway.

When we get down to the real talent, the majority takes control, and the minority finds itself a very small fish in a very big pond. Rest assure that as time goes the talent will rise to the top, and the minority cannot stop it...

W

T

F

......... was that? He was trying to be rock and hard @ss, but I laughed the whole time.

Sadly, and oddly enough, I agree with Randy; it was his best performance thus far...very telling of how horrible his other performances have been.

3/20

BREAKING NEWS SANJAYA HAS JUST HIT PUBERTY

sad me to say this but he was the best guy of the night. and for me to say this speaks volume of how poor the guy field is. rocking may be his genre

maybe blake but none of the rest were better than him. let go of your hate and give him his dues :lol:

lol it's not hate. It's a singing competition and he hasn't sung as well as he did in his audition.

W

T

F

......... was that? He was trying to be rock and hard @ss, but I laughed the whole time.

My husband did the same thing... thought he was going to passout, he could hardly breath, he was laughing so hard.

I personally didn't think it was funny HAHA but, I was in shock that a little girl was crying over him like The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show... too much. Also, I hesitate in saying this but, at one point I thought it looked "staged" but, then I changed my mind and decided it was real... I don't know though, wouldn't put it past AI to "produce" that situation.

Lastly, I agree with Randy and some others here.. it was his best performance yet, which isn't saying much at all.

That IS funny-it was his best performance....which means there were isolated moments when he sounded (sorta) like a singer.

But you're right--saying it's his best performance is a joke--that "best" performance wouldn't have got him past the first audition.

he'll be around for at least three more shows

Well, looks like the vote for the worst crowd is bigger than I thought.

Wow, no kidding! Much, much bigger... :disgust:

Sign in to follow this