Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

I Wanna Be A Soap Star

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

TV_Paige

TV_Paige

Forum Host

• Pip
  • 2,702 posts

Soap Contest Winner Earns 'Days' Role
by Michael Schneider

'I Wanna Be A Soap Star' -- Season Three Cast

SoapNet has ordered a Fourth Season of the reality contest, "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" -- and this time, the winner will wind up on NBC's "Days of Our Lives." It's the first time the Disney-owned cable station has featured a non-ABC soap opera on "I Wanna Be a Soap Star."

Past soap opera participants have included ABC's "All My Children," "One Life to Live" and "General Hospital." The sudser, 'Days,' is already a major part of SoapNet's schedule. Repeats of the popular serial have aired on the SoapNet since 2004, in what was then a groundbreaking agreement.

"We've done three ABC shows, and we were eager to do one of our other shows," said SoapNet general manager Deborah Blackwell. "The 'Days' team was extremely supportive, and ['Days' executive producer] Ken Corday wanted it to happen."

Host Cameron Mathison

The Fourth Season of "I Wanna Be a Soap Star," which begins production in May, will follow 10 aspiring soap actors who compete for a role on "Days of Our Lives." Returning again as host will be "All My Children" Thespian Cameron Mathison.

"I think it's wonderful that they stepped up to promote a show that's not on ABC," Corday said. "It seemed like the stars were aligned. Hopefully we'll end up with a really good actor to star on the show. From there, who knows where it might go."

The new edition will, for the first time, include at-home voting by viewers, who will play a role, along with the show's judges, in choosing the winner. Also, the finale of "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" will be telecast live for the first time.

'Soap Star' Season Three Winner Mikey

In another first, the Fourth Season of "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" will include "Days of Our Lives" Head Writer Hogan Sheffer as one of the judges (no other head writer has filled that role). Talent Manager Michael Bruno and Actress Debbi Morgan also serve as judges.

"'I Wanna Be a Soap Star' is great for our network and the soap genre," Blackwell said. "Not only does it drive attention to the show it's casting a role for, but it brings in new viewers who are reality TV fans to our network."

Season Two Winner Alec Musser continues on "All My Children," while Season One Star Mykel Shannon Jenkins spent time on "General Hospital" and since then has guested on several primetime series. Mikey Jerome, who won the Third Edition, was given a role on "One Life to Live."

The fourth edition of "I Wanna Be a Soap Star" comes as SoapNet nears distribution in 60 million homes. The channel recently announced its first original scripted series, "General Hospital: Night Shift."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users