Sign in to follow this  
Blackcat3

Anna Nicole Smith

I'm sure that being a lawyer has given him privy to corrupt judges who have no qualms about being paid off. "Money talks", as they say... especially when millions are at stake.

So now they say she had a fever of 105 from an infection on her butt but she died from taking a toxic amount of sleeping medication. If she had a temp of 105, shouldn't someone be monitoring her prescription intake? I believe someone was and assisted her in her overdosing.

I don't mean to seem callous, but how, oh how, does one get an infection on the butt?

(I am also suspicious of assistance. Son dead, an old will that assigns control to Howard, new baby lurking, new baby's father lurking -- had to quickly grab an opportunity.)

ETA: I have since learned that the infection came from a dirty needle. Evidence of other injection spots, too. Possible, but highly unlikely that it was self-induced. More details on Monday.

What's most sickening here is that we will never know the real story. And it's not that our knowing matters--it's just that all these cover-up, delays, etc. suggest that someone here (with initials H.S.) is somehow managing to slip under the radar.

What he did (or didn't do--e.g. paternity) ranges from minimal to murder--but that he has evaded the law, lied and manipulated, is a given. And I can't stand the thought that he is in charge of that little girl now, and seems to be calling all the shots.

I don't mean to seem callous, but how, oh how, does one get an infection on the butt?

What the news is calling an infection sounds to me what is commonly known in the junkie world as an abscess. It is an infection that occurs at injection sites that are used over and over. Sounds to me like Anna had a serious drug addiction problem.

But why is it taking so long? The coroner's report should have been available ages ago. Assuming it was a drug overdose (either accidental or otherwise), the tox screen would have shown that immediately. Yah, there's money involved, but even a ton of money can't keep certain information under wraps: the coroner's report is open to the public.

What is going on here?

I believe we're supposed to get official word today on the cause of death.

The Autopsy Report

The Broward County Medical Examiner's Office revealed this morning that ANNA NICOLE SMITH's cause of death was due to an "accidental overdose."

During Monday's press conference, CHIEF CHARLIE TIGER of the Seminole Police Department, remarked that "this case is an accidental overdose" and that the ruling "effectively closes the case on the death of Anna Nicole Smith."

Following Chief Tiger's remarks, he introduced DR. JOSHUA PERPER, the Broward County medical examiner, who stated that the cause of Anna Nicole's death was due to "combined drug intoxication." Dr. Perper said there was evidence of nine different prescription medications found in Anna's blood, including Chloral Hydrate, a sleep aid; Valium and Ativan, used to treat anxiety; Soma, a muscle relaxer; and Topamax, which is used for seizures, migraine headaches and weight control.

According to Dr. Perper, the Chloral Hydrate was found in high concentration, but it was only when combined with the other drugs that it had a lethal interaction in Anna Nicole's system.

accidental my a@@. this what i hate about the system they lie so much. she tried to killed herself and the system is trying to sugar coat it as an accidental overdose.

Today's News:

Anna Nicole Smith died of an accidental drug overdose with no indication of foul play and no criminal action, according to the Seminole Police and the Broward County Medical Examiner. Although nine different prescription drugs were found in her system, all were at theraputic levels.

No criminal charges will be filed in the death of Smith, according to police chief Charlie Tiger. Her death was the result of a tragic overdose of a sleeping medication, chloral hydrate, in combination with other drugs and her weakened state due to an infection, according to Dr. Joshua Perper.

At a news conference in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, Dr. Perper ended all speculation that criminal charges might be filed in the death of the 39-year-old model and pinup. "We found nothing to indicate any foul play," said Chief Tiger.

Tiger said today's news conference and autopsy report announcement "effectively closes the case" of Smith's death.

Chlorylhydrate is a really potent drug. It's used here at the hospital to sedate kids for tests so they'll lie still, and tiny doses knock them out--and these are LARGE children, often bigger than adults. It's definitely not supposed to be mixed with a bunch of other stuff.

so what idiot doctor would prescribe her all these drugs and not informed her of the risk of mixing such drugs

she committed suicide simple as that

You're right, uv--no "idiot doctor" would do that. But it's very easy, and done all the time, to go doctor-shopping. Addicts do it all the time in order to get ten times the amount of a drug that one doctor would prescribe.

Or--as in Anna Nicole's case--ppl do it to get a whole bunch of different drugs.

If she had deliberately overdosed, the coroner would not have found just therapeutic levels of each drug in her system.

yath you a nurse?

i just got my license

no, I'm a psychologist but I work in a kids' hospital, and have been involved with studies, so I know a bit about some of the drugs.

Hey, congrats on your licence, uv!! What kind of nursing do you plan to do?

Anyone wanting to commit suicide would take a lot of the strongest drug they had at their disposal, not a few of these, a few of those, a few of these others . . . it was overdose, plain and simple. My problem is that Howard K Stern is so dangerous as to allow 2 people close to him to die from drugs. Why would anyone allow him to raise a child?

i got job medical surgical/oncology

I think the problem is, is that people think that because it's been prescribed by a doctor, that it's safe. I'm sure Howard and the people closest to Anna were well aware of the after effects of these medications, but they also saw how consumed by sadness she was when she wasn't on them. I'm sure they felt that her taking the meds was an okay thing to do...especially since it came from a doctor.

When we think of drug addiction, our minds quickly conjure up images of crack, acid, ecstasy, and other hard, illegal stuff. Very seldom do we remember how perscription drugs are drugs the same and can cause similar dependance and be used for harm. Maybe this can be used somehow to help bring this to light more so in the media. Perhaps drugs for depression are being handed out too easily. Unless there's an actual chemical imbalance causing the depression, then drugs should NOT be an option. Her child just died, of course she's going to be depressed and no medicine of any sort can take that pain away. Unfortunately it's just something you have to go through. Again, maybe this can serve as a reminder of such.

Even a dumb shi+ like me knows better then to let someone I care about (or not care about) take all those drugs. I think they aided and abedded that overdose.

God I hate Howard Stern.

yep

her private nurse should have knew better

Elle, a recent study showed that there were more ppl in rehab centres in Canada who were addicted to PRESCRIPTION meds, not the street stuff--and the biggest was Percoset. Yes, you're right that anti-depressants are handed out like candy. But even more scary is the rampant use of heavy-duty analgesics for even mild pain. If you are in hospital now for even a small operation, you will wake up and find yourself attached to a morphine pump. This is ROUTINE.

I recently had back surgery--when I woke, it hurt, but I've had migraines worse than that. I saw that I was attached to a morphine pump. I told the nurse that I didn't want/need the pump, and asked for some Tylenol. She went to check the chart and then told me that she had to wait to get the doctor's orders, because the only written order was for a morphine pump.

???????????????????

I'll tell ya, it's the doctors who are the heavies in this, and they've got to accept responsibility for the actions that ensue as a result.

I think they aided and abedded that overdose

Marty I'm with you on that one.