Sign in to follow this  
BuxomBlonde

Survivor 14: Fiji - In The Media

Courtesy of REALITY BLURRED

Survivor, other reality shows not filmed in HD because cameras are

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Survivor Fiji debuts tonight; only one cast member applied while the rest was recruited

Less than two months after the conclusion of Survivor Cook Islands, CBS debuts a new season of the show tonight with Survivor Fiji at 8 p.m. ET. The first five minutes, however, are currently viewable online.

This season features new twists and a diverse cast from California, although not one split by race. Instead, the tribes will be split just like the teams are on The Apprentice, with one living in

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Survivor: Fiji

by Rhoda Charles

February 8, 2007: One Big Happy Family

All right, I

by Rhoda Charles

February 15, 2007: Pineapple Power

Forgive me for saying this, but Survivor: Fiji is shaping up to be a little schizophrenic. On the one hand, you have this newfangled show where the living is easy for one tribe. I mean come on, when have you ever heard "I'm full" on this show before any team has won a feast? Then you have the real Survivor. Tried and true, it's the one we know and love and that keeps us watching every season. It's the one where you see a group of hungry, dehydrated people desperately rubbing sticks together to make fire. Nowadays, it's as if I

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor Fiji Results

by Rhoda Charles

March 1, 2007: "I'm Not Being Negative, I'm Stating the Obvious"

Let me tell you why I like Survivor. This show is always willing to mix it up. Call it a course correction, if you will. For example, say you have the brilliant idea to have one tribe live in luxury while the other lives, well, not in luxury, in the hopes that this will make for one kick-ass season. And let's say that as time goes by the rich tribe actually does kick the poor tribe's ass. Repeatedly. You worry that maybe, just maybe, the season could be a bit of a snoozer. What do you do? You course-correct. You whip out a little green bottle with a mysterious note, and you hope for the best.

To recap, downtown Ravu has lost every challenge against uptown Moto. Every challenge. This starving tribe couldn't even win last week's food challenge for crying out loud

Survivor Fiji Results

Survivor Fiji Results

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor Fiji Results

Survivor Fiji Results

by Rhoda Charles

April 5, 2007: Sweet Dreamz

I have a dream! It's true, I want Dreamz to do well in this game. You may recall that my first impression of this always-talking, inappropriate comment-spewing man was not a glowing one. I held out little hope for him making it past the first few weeks. I can't pinpoint exactly when I started to like Dreamz. Maybe it was around the time he mentioned that being on Survivor was better than living on the streets. Maybe it was when certain tribe mates thumbed their nose at his unfamiliarity with a French coffee press. Or maybe still when he tried to understand the psychology behind Rocky's anti-social behavior. Whatever it was, every Thursday when the players discuss sending him home, I find myself hoping that Dreamz will makes it through another tribal council.

Again, I feared the worst for him this week when Ravu lost both reward and immunity challenges. For reward, tribes competed in an intense dance-off featuring the traditional Fijian Meke. Earl of Moto, looking particularly fetching in his grass skirt and face paint, commanded the stage and led his team to a victory and a bountiful feast. Just because Ravu lost doesn't mean that they did a bad job at the dance. They merely lacked a certain spark. Did you catch Probst interpreting the judge's opinion for the castaways? I'm not sure that I heard them say it all came down to the dance moves, but if that's what Jeff heard, who am I to dispute it?

The immunity challenge was much easier to judge given that Moto won in a landslide. The setup: A big old target, blow darts, spears and bows and arrows. He who comes closest to the bull's eye wins. Simple. Poor Edgardo fancied himself competent at archery. Needless to say, he's no Legolas (that would be the cute arrow-slinging elf in the Lord of the Rings). Ravu barely placed on the target in any of the categories. That doesn't mean Moto was all that great either. But Yau Man, their secret weapon, knows his strengths, and having opted out of the dancing competition, he used his powers for good and led his team to another win. To my eyes, it looked like people were finally recognizing the threat that is Yau Man. This can only mean good things for Earl, who did not even need to participate in the challenge due to Yau man's prowess. Earl, safe in his partner's shadow, doesn't even need that safeguard. Talk about your catbird seat.

Back at Ravu's camp and right before our very eyes, Lisi turned into Rocky, dissing her losing tribe as a bunch of losers and begging to go home. Now, I saw no reason not to grant Lisi her wish. This is a woman who has on several occasions voiced a desire to be done with the game. A woman who shares with her competitors the clues to the whereabouts of the hidden immunity idol and then sleeps through its discovery, yet still feels she has the upper hand in the game

Survivor Fiji Winner To Be Revealed May 13

The finale of SURVIVOR: FIJI will be broadcast Sunday, May 13 (8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. The finale will culminate in the LIVE reveal of the winner from The Ed Sullivan Theater in New York City.

After the reveal, Jeff Probst will host a LIVE reunion show (10:00-11:00, ET, tape delayed PT) featuring the 19 castaways who will come together for the first time since being in Fiji.

SURVIVOR: FIJI began with a diverse cast of Americans who started as one tribe with plenty of supplies and resources to make an exceptionally comfortable camp. On Day Three, the castaways were split into two tribes to compete in the first combination Reward/Immunity Challenge. Moto, the winning tribe, returned to the camp of copious resources while Ravu, the losing tribe, was sent to a new island with only a pot, a machete and a water source. The castaways soon learned that there was a Hidden Immunity Idol somewhere at each tribe camp and new clues to its whereabouts could be found on Exile Island. If found, these Immunity Idols might save individuals from being voted out at a future Tribal Council.

To date on SURVIVOR: FIJI: The Moto Tribe, with all their luxuries, has dominated almost all of the challenges. Gary Stritesky was forced to leave the game in Episode Four due to illness. A tribe switch allowed Earl, Yau-Man and Michelle to move to the comfortable camp with Cassandra, Boo and Stacy.

Dreamz, Edguardo and Alex are presently at the sparse camp of Ravu with original member Mookie, the only one left that has never enjoyed any of Moto's camp luxuries since the tribes split on Day Three.

Yau-Man and Earl have joined forces at Moto and have found their camp's Hidden Immunity Idols but have decided not to tell the rest of their tribe. Alex, Edguardo and Mookie have also created an alliance at Ravu and just found the second Hidden Immunity Idol at their camp. Now that they've found it, who gets to use it?

SURVIVOR: FIJI is produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett and Tom Shelly are executive producers. Mark Burnett, Marilyn Seabury and Stu Schreiberg will serve as executive producers of the LIVE reunion show.

Posted by Joe Reality on April 09, 2007 at 11:55 PM

Survivor Fiji Results

Survivor Fiji Results

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor Fiji Results

by Rhoda Charles

April 26, 2007: Idol Hands

OK, I know it's just a TV show

Survivor Results

Stacy Kimball Voted Off Survivor Fiji

stacy_kimball.jpg

On the thirteenth episode of Survivor Fiji, Boo cleared out a back path to the water well so that he could listen in on his fellow tribe members

Earl Cole Wins Survivor Fiji

earl_cole.jpg

On the Survivor Fiji finale, Yau-Man realized that because of his deal with Dreamz that he was a major target and needed to win the next immunity challenge. For the first immunity challenge, the survivors had to navigate a maze while blindfolded. The survivors also had to locate keys that would lower drawbridges that connected different segments of the maze. Yau-Man did what he had to do and won the first immunity challenge.

For the first tribal council, the survivors plotted to vote out Boo, but Boo tried to convince Earl and Yau-Man to vote out Dreamz instead because they would have a better change of winning against him. At tribal council, Earl played the last hidden immunity idol, but it turned out that he didn

Sign in to follow this