Sign in to follow this  
Dade

America's Next Top Model 8

Last week they replayed it on Sunday night, so I think it's Sunday.

Until you said it, I couldn't figure it out.... you're right it's Darma for sure. :) Thank you.

I think Jaslene looked better in the clips from last year. She almost looks too skinny this year. Even so, her pictures are great.

I don't know if I've decided on a fav yet, but I wasn't a Jael fan in the beginning. She's kinda growin' on me now. She seems to have a pretty positive attitude without being cheesy. I think Felicia is stunning with a memorable look.

I have to agree with most of you. Jael and Felicia are my favorites. I really don't like Renee or Natasha, they both irritate the hell out of me! Can't wait for the makeovers next week!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

America's Next Top Model

by Aimee Deeken

March 14, 2007: Candy-coated Pain

Should I be counting the number of times someone cries or screams on this show? Jeez, things have only just begun. Save the tears for something drastic. Jael is a good example. Valid reasons to cry: first, sitting eight hours for a complicated, painful weave, only to have it undone and replaced with Mia Farrow's Rosemary's Baby miniscule 'do. Second, a good friend dies of an overdose. Invalid reasons to cry (and cry and cry and cry, Brittany): your weave itches, the ice cream is cold, your head hurts. Your head is not the only one pounding

I'm almost convinced that Renee is trying to be the villain. She picks on someone new each week. editing? i don't know but she definately has something bad to say about everyone there. Can't take much more of it. I hope she goes soon.

I am sick of Renee too! The girl needs to go!! Im sure she is a bit of a bitch, but she is so fake, you can tell she is putting it on for the cameras, I used to like her and now I have no use for her!!

I was happy with the elim last night, I thought it was fair, loved some of the make overs, Jael looks great, poor girl though what a bad episode for her! I am still not liking Natasha, the girl has issues and needs them worked out before getting into that industry!

Jaslene looks so unnaturally skinny in her picture. It's quite disturbing. And I have to agree with the majority of the board, Renee needs to go, can't stand her! She's worse than Melrose, and that's saying something!

At least Melrose had the goods to back up anything she said. Renee isn't coming through yet.

I've liked Jael since the beginning, but I'm waiting and wondering if the panel will call her out on her speech like they did with Adrienne (cycle 1) and Danielle (cycle 6?). I can't understand a word the girl says and I just can't see her doing commercials.

Even outside of her friend dying, Jael seems to be some what of a head case. There's always some underlying emotional issue with her... too much drama.

lol, I dont know I still think the crying award goes to Meg!!

I still haven't watched this show yet. But, I am sure the one with the least modeling talent, biggest mouth, skinniest body and ho hum face is doing the best.

Not about ANTM Cycle 8, but about Cycle 1. Does anyone know why they do not promote cycle one on any of the other cycles? All these new seasons show all these girls and photos from previous seasons and they talk about them, but nothing about season one. Anyone know why they never show or talk about it? They showed the marathon for cycle one today on VH1, but nothing on the new seasons. Even in the opening credits or the houses, where they showcase past contestants, no one from cycle one.

Thanks.

Im not 100% sure, but I think they dont show cycle one because Adrienne and Tyra had a falling out, so they stay away from it.

That's what I was thinking, but on the other hand, it's not fair to everyone else who was apart of that season to be dismissed just because of Adrienne and Tyra. So I wasn't sure if there was more to it, but that's probably it.

anyone know if tonight's show will be shown on another channel on another night? I can't miss Survivor for ANTM.

Felicia, I absolutely can't believe it. My favorites always lose out early. I hate that!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

America's Next Top Model

by Aimee Deeken

March 21, 2007: Death Becomes Her

Since much of tonight's episode featured Felicia and Whitney, I feared for their future. As is often the case with this and other reality shows, devoting so much screen time to a particular contestant merely foreshadows their ensuing demise. To wit: Felicia taught Jael a dance to get her mind off her dead friend (which was then short-lived

Felicia gone??? That was a terrible elimination - the other chick deserved to go home, I'm not impressed!!

I wasn't completely focusing on the show last night so I need a little help here. Did Renee's attempt to turn over a new leaf begin with her drawing a picture of Jael in a straight jacket that was left open instead of being tied up? And did Jael think this was the coolest thing? Anyone else think this was completely bizarre?

Since I always find myself pulling my hair out and venting each week trying to make sense of the senseless, illogical, contradictory and self-obsessed actions of Tyra, I'm going to try to limit my involvement in this cycle of Top Model. It's not going to be easy, but for my own sanity I must try. Wish me luck.

Good Luck Jersey lol!!

Yes Renee tried to turn over a new leaf for about 5 minutes, she drew the pic for Jael and then braided or plated with Megs hair, then two minutes later she was a bitch again. I do seriously think the girl has issues.

Still mad about Felicia!!

I actually think Diane should go home. I think that's her name anyhow. The plus sized white chick. She's really not that pretty. I just don't see "the beauty" that the judges do with her. She's just eh to me.

I too am in disbelief that Felicia's gone. I should have considered myself warned though since they focused on her for so much of that episode, as always seems to be the case. You really get to see a girl, and BAM, she's gone! It was so frustrating last night, when they showed all her photos after she was eliminated. The girl is utterly gorgeous, how could she have been cut this early? Please, over one bad photo?

Renee and Jael are both freaking psycho crazy. Someone should look into the cigarettes they've both been smoking. Both girls are total whack jobs!

Activists in arms over 'Top Model' death photo shoot

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Melissa Hank

Printer-friendly page

Advocacy groups accuse 'America

OMG - these people need to get a life, and start worrying about real problems, this was a faked photoshoot - no models were harmed in the making of these photos. lol, that is just sad.

I watched this eppy last night. (I agree, not sure what the big deal is but, media/special interest groups love to distract people from real news so, I'm not surprised.)

Anyways, I just don't get what this show is all about, more and more. They seldom/never pick a person at the end that could truely become a TOP model. Seems this show is the Tyra Banks mediocre model search to me. She booted that chick last night because she had the potential of taking money out of Tyra's pocket... which seems to happen season after season. I'm not saying she would have won but, she wasn't even close to the bottom of the totem pole, imo.