Big Brother Australia 2007 Starts In May

hanklee

Australian Channel 10 has tentively set the start date for the 2007 season of Big Brother Australia for May 6th! So that makes it only

101 days to go :party_smilie:

Hank :ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja:

ok so May 6 is 99 days away. that makes June 6, July 6......ohhhhhh way to far away :bigcry::cry:

Keep us updated Hank, you and Brekkie keep us sane till out BB comes on.

But, Just think, we have 100 entire fun and excitment filled days to look forward to after we wait out the next 99 days. All the way till the middle of August!!!

:animated_bouncy::animated_bouncy::animated_bouncy: :animated_bouncy: 97 :animated_bouncy::animated_bouncy::animated_bouncy::animated_bouncy: days and holding my breath!!!

(Sorry for the number correction earlier. Made a new calendar and the count should be 97 today not 96.)

Work is currently underway on the construction of the new house and the first two rounds of the selection process for this years housemates has been completed. Final selections will not be known until just prior to the start of the new season. I just hope that someone doesn't pull another GINA like last year and pull out AT THE LAST MINUTE!! Gine had been selected to be the 16th house mate but she failed to enter the lock-down one week prior to the start of the show. She claimed that she was sick but it turned out to be a severe case of stage fright. She was subsequently offered a chance to enter as an INTRUDER but again failed to show up. So we only started with 15 housemates.

Lets hope that we get a great new house and a crazy batch of housemates that never slow down. And please, please people, watch the fines this year!! Big Brother is set to ream you a new one this year if you don't OBEY!!!

I really can't wait for BB AU. I watched it last year for the first time and I even got the live feeds. I live in Canada so any BB is international for me. AU has to be my favorite besides US of course. Great job on the countdown. Can't wait to be able to start mine.

Thanx Hank - I look forward to reading all your recaps again!! I really enjoyed it last year and seeing some of the free feeds - too bad the 'adult' ones you had to pay for lol!!

Thanx again Hank!

Hank, it's so good to know that there are ppl from "down there" who don't have lives too...

Like Dream, I too live in Canada. The difference is that we get all the American networks, so we can ( and do!!!) watch U.S. version too, and join in all discussions, etc.

Wish we could get televised version of the Australian one--feeds are fine, but I so much prefer watching it myself.

Happy counting!!!! :animated_rotfl::rolleyes4::rolleyes4:

Have we got to put up with this for 96 more days then? (Until Ten change the start date at last minute and screw up your countdown!)

Some actual news - it's been announced that Big Brother will be doing a "Golden Key" competition in association with Starburst along the same lines of the Golden Ticket competition BBUK did last year.

100 "Golden Keys" will be hidden in packs of Starburst across the country giving winners the chance to become a fully eligible Big Brother housemate, moving in a few weeks into the series.

The 100 winners will be called to "audition" for the show with one selected at "random" to become a housemate.

Full details: http://www.tencorporate.com.au/mediaReleas...=562&type=1

Thanks for the update Brekkie Boy!!

From looking at the article, it looks like the Big Brother Website will go active on 11 February so it can publish the contest. The article doesn't say if there will be anything other than the contest stuff though. I hardly think that there will be much about this years show on it at this early date. The site didn't really go up last year until about 2 weeks before the show started.

• 2 weeks later...
Joey618 said:

I started watching BBUK at the starts of series 7 and I watched BBUSA since BB3 and I am wondering how bbau holds up to these two.

I have watched every BBUSA since the start and have watched some of the BBUK since 2004. Neither one holds a candle to BBAU!!!

...in Hanklee's opinion.

Personally I think BB Aus is the weakest of the three - but all three offer something quite different so I'd certainly at least recommend giving it a try.

For me though it's had the same problem for the last few years - it never lives up to it's promise. Normally it starts off pretty well and you think they've turned a corner, but a few weeks down the line it's just descend into the same annual routine.

in Brekkie Boy's opinion...

Joey18 take a look at it and see for yourself. Brekkie Boy and I have been having this same disagreement for a couple years now. Both of us have our favorite, he likes BBUK and I like BBAU.

The major difference between all three versions of the show is the level of interpersonal conflict between the housemates that arrises during the process of the show. It seems that the housemate selection process in the UK actually fosters a larger degree of conflict, whether it is intentional on the part of the selectors or not is debatable. But the housemates in the BBUK house seem to be a lot more full of life or larger than life type "A" personallities. Put 2 of them in the same room and what do you get. BOOM!!

In the USA house the level is less but the design of the process still fosters a level of conflict. The HoH must put two people up each week and the housemates must vote one out!! Conflict will naturally arise. The leads to the formation of a we - they mentality in the house with the formation of two (or more) groups.

In the BBAU house, the nominations are kept totally secret and the housemates are punished by Big Brother if they even hint at who they nonimated. Each person must noninate two housemates each week in secret. The 3 (or more) with the most votes are up for possible eviction by a public vote. The formation of groups are intentionally frowned upon by Big Brother. It seems to me that the 16 housemates who enter the house at the start are a much more homogeneous group than the US or UK house.

Although Brekkie Boy says that the AU house has potential at the start but does not live up to it is entirely due to the fact that the Australian public decides who they want to be in the house each week. If a big personality is up for eviction and the public sees that housemate as a disruptive influence in the house, then they vote him or her out. So the house by the 8th week is one almost without disruptive influences. It is one who is united against the one disruptive force remaining. Big Brother himself. The Big Brother character plays a much more important part in the entire process in the australian house than in either of the US or UK house.

So as Brekkie Boy says, try it this year, you may like it!!

• 4 weeks later...

On several of the Big Brother Forum boards there have been projections about people who think they have been selected. Two cases from "Big Brother Chaos" are "Lily Rose" who says she knows a girl who's initials are LC who is going on the show, and "Melsy" who has a friend who's name is Suzannah who has been told that she is going on the show.

We have to remember that we are still two months away from the start of Big Brother 2007. Although a final list may in fact have been chosen, these people will only have been told that they qualify for the show. It would be prudent for the producers to narrow the total list of "qualified" housemates to about 30 people who meet all of the requirements for the show; i.e age, looks, personality, medical, background and so on. These people would be informed that they should start getting ready for possible final selection so they can inform their employers and family that they might be sequestered in the house for up to 120 days and arrange for someone to llook after their affairs. These final 30 would make up the 16 who actually go in on day one and the intruders and/or replacements that are needed for the period of the show.

The only ones who will actually KNOW that they are going on the show are those who enter lockdown one week before they enter the house. David mentioned (last year) the fact that he didn't know if he was going on until one week before when his handlers just showed up one morning at his house and told him to pack and come with them. He only had time to get his things and make a couple calls to tell everyone he was GONE.

So for all of those out there who THINK you know who is going on this year, THINK AGAIN. The only ones who KNOW are the producers, and of course BIG BROTHER himself!!!

I have watched BBUS from the beginning as well. Last season was my first BBAU experience and it totally rocked! I will be there again without question. I am glad I checked in today. I see it is time to start getting ramped up.

Thanks Hank for the countdown. Awsome!

According to a report on "Big Brother Chaos" by user SCRIBE posted on 12 Mar, it looks like the start date for this years Big Brother will be 22 April instead of 6 May. The following scheduling grid is now on the buyten.com.au site which is used by advertisers to plan/purchase time slots for advertising.

tenschedule.gif

The date for the grid as you can planly see starts on 22/04/07 and ends on 28/04/07. At 19:30 on the 22nd you can see Seriously Big Programming. Then on Monday thru Friday the 19:00-19:30 timeslot is Seriously Big Programming which is the usual time slot for the daily show of Big Brother. Then again on friday night you have a 2 hour show starting at 19:30 which would correspond with the time for Friday Night Games. Note that on Monday night you also have expanded coverage from 19:30 to 20:30 like last year for the show where they covered the BIG SECRET relationship of Krystal and Karen. This would correspond to additional coverage of this years "World First" as well. So it looks like the DATE will be 22 April just like last year!!!

Until we get a firm announcement from Channel Ten I will be leaving the countdown clock on May 6th just in case we are wrong again. But I will be posting a note about the possibility of a start 14 days earlier!!!

Hank :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :ninja: :party_smilie:

Archived