Big Brother 8: Brainstorming

Brekkie Boy

Here is an idea to make backdoor IMPOSSIBLE. I don't really like seeing backdooring where the nominees have no control over their fate.

The 6 people competing for veto, HOH, 2 nominees, and 3 other houseguests all compete. If the veto is used, the only replacement nominees that the HOH can choose from would be from the other 3 houseguests that participated in veto, and if one of those three win veto and saves a nominee, the HOH only has two choices for a replacement nominee. That would completely eliminate backdooring and make the strategy completely different for veto. You wouldn't choose your friends for veto, you would choose people you want to see on the block. Anyone who does not compete in veto would be safe for the week. I personally think my idea is great, but that's just me. :D

Another idea is to have an eviction the first night. However, one person would not even have the chance to enter the house. All the houseguests would enter from the backyard and immediately participate in HOH. HOH would then have little time to discuss nominees, then go in the house and make the nominations while everyone else is still in the backyard. The HOH brings the keys outside to the backyard, makes the nominations, the POV players choices follow right after, then the veto competition, then the veto ceremony. After all that, everyone who is not on the block can enter the house while the two nominees must wait outside. One person will be evicted and never see inside the house and the other will be able to go inside.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to have it more random - like the veto winner would have to spin a wheel with the eligible hgs names on it and wherever the spinner landed - well, you get the idea. Veto won't be used as much if it puts your alliance at risk.

The 6 people competing for veto, HOH, 2 nominees, and 3 other houseguests all compete. If the veto is used, the only replacement nominees that the HOH can choose from would be from the other 3 houseguests that participated in veto, and if one of those three win veto and saves a nominee, the HOH only has two choices for a replacement nominee. That would completely eliminate backdooring and make the strategy completely different for veto. You wouldn't choose your friends for veto, you would choose people you want to see on the block. Anyone who does not compete in veto would be safe for the week. I personally think my idea is great, but that's just me. biggrin.gif

I personally LOVE this idea. It would certainly change the aspect of the game. Maybe it would prevent so many thrown competitions.

Archived