Sign in to follow this  
Dade

David And Mary

team5.jpg

David: Stone, KY / 33 / Coalminer

Mary: Stone, KY / 32 / Homemaker

Season 10: 6th Place

Everybody's favorite coalminer and his wife are back for another trek around the world. David and Mary, the lovable, wide-eyed couple from Stone, Ky., finished sixth in the 10th installment.

The Conley's met at the local McDonalds over 11 years ago and have been married for nearly 10 years. They are the proud parents of three children.

After falling short of the $1 million prize, Mary was adamant that she and David would not sign up for another Race and leave their children again, but something tells her that they have what it takes to win the million dollars this time around.

Both have limited traveling experience outside of the Race. David spent some time traveling while enlisted in the U.S. Army while Mary took her first plane ride after being cast on the show.

A bona fide reality TV junkie, will Mary be able to restrain her excitement and stay focused while racing alongside some of her favorite racers from past seasons? Will they be able to find an alliance as strong as the Season 10 "6 pack" or will their desire to win the money for their children be enough to carry them across the finish line?

yack yack yack! another season with her voice... the torture must stop!

I loved the novelty of them last season, I will continue to defend them against those who feel they are somehow superior; but I don't think they have what it takes to compete against some of these other teams.

My sentiments exactly, Rejuv. I haven't picked a favorite team yet, but I know David/Mary won't be it, as much as I believe in what they stand for.

I love this couple, I am so happy they were selected as all stars. Maybe they were not all-star racers but they are all-star people and many tv viewers like knowing there are still people like David and Mary in this world. Goooooo KY.

They would not have done as well as they did, if it was not for the other teams they hooked up with. I consider allstars as being the best teams, and do not consider Mary and David as allstars. Without other teams helping them I think they will be one of the first teams to go.

I can't believe they thought they would get away with lying to the girls about the flight.

Nope, m'thinks that their stategic planning just ain't gonna work.

Well of course they never would have gotten away with it. They BQs would have found out eventually. But they did stall them for a while. Who knows the BQs could have gotten to American Airlines in time. Slowing down a strong team is never a bad thing

I am loving that David and Mary are at least trying new things with the way they play

I'm a Fan of tean Ky. They retain who they are, despite the unusual circumstances facing them. If Mary doesn't drink tea in real life, she still doesn't drink tea in reality tv life. Maybe if it were for a road block she would, but that just proves that the both of them "just do what they have to do." in reality tv life and in real life. They're good, honest folks. Goooo Ky!

:omg: I'm not going to be PC, but here goes anyway . . .

They are ignorant hicks! Please people - I can hardly stand to hear them talk.

Come on - He calls her "MURY" not "MARY"!

i like this team, and i'm glad that mary (or mury) finally realized that the race needs to be ran alone and not with an alliance!! you're not here to make friends guys!! you're here to win a million dollars!

I never cared for them. My feelings were made worse when people kept posting but but but they are REAL people. Whatever.

I don't think they are as annoying this year but still annoying.

Romber Rules!

i think i like them better this season. they do have annoying accents but i can deal. better an annoying accent then an annoying personality.

Come on, just because you don't like them you're going to make fun of their accents? Good thing you don't live down here because our grammar and accents would make you explode.

Well, this was hardly a surprise. No objectable standard would put this team as "All Stars" in the first place. David is pretty good at most stuff but Mary is just a complete drag. I gotta wonder how Dave would do on Survivor (which he originally applied for).

Finally!!!

Nan na, na na na na, hey hey, good riddance!!

They were just not good competitors...... enough said.