Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Uchenna And Joyce

team4.jpg

Uchenna: Houston, TX / 42 / Land Developer

Joyce: Houston, TX / 46 / Sales

Season 7: Winners

Uchenna and Joyce are one of the most beloved teams from any season of Race. The winners of Season 7, Uchenna and Joyce were relentless and stopped at nothing to win the $1 million prize

Maybe she got it cut short just in case she has to shave it again! :lol: Go Uchenna and Joyce!!

This is one of the few teams I really enjoy and want to win it again. Okay, I know it is not fair to win twice, but if anyone shoulc/could, I would want it to be them!

Joyce's hair during the last race was a weave with braids. It was easy for her to cut it because 90% of it wasn't her own.

:running: :running: Now this is a team. Watching a clip from Episode 2 where Uchenna & Joyce discuss the alphabet challenge showed me some coping skills every team should have, like knowing when to say "It's done." (not being distracted by past difficulty), and listening to each other, giving each other a moment to talk, release disappointment, then as a team decide to go on with what's ahead. I have a lot of respect for this team!

Well, Uchenna wasn't coping very well on last night's episode, was he? He was freaking out that it took Joyce so long to come out of the board room with the correct answer. It took forever! :bigcry:

They are my second favorite team behind Romber. They need to be on the ball a little more though.

I really hope this couple can pull through their elimination target. They've got class.

Maybe not enough gusto to win, but I'd be happy if they did.

I really like this couple. I would like them to win but I am sure they won't. You rarely see them ask for help. The others like Charla and Mirna drag people with them!!!

I really liked them on their season and I wanted them to win because they talked about using the money to adopt. Then as soon as they won Uchenna shouted out something about IVF and I lost a little respect for them. Sorry to all those fans of IVF, I admire those who have the heart to adopt. Then they said they tried to concieve and failed. I would hate for them to win again just so they can flush this money down the toilet too.

I can't really think of anyone else to win........ now that Romber is gone. :cry:

I don't remember the specifics but I think they were going to give IVF another try. That doesn't mean that adoption was out of the question. At the beginning of this season, they also mentioned the fact that they were not growing together as a couple and were trying to find their way back. If that's the case, I think they may have made the right decision not to adopt at this time. It was their experience at teh orphanage in Africa that first brought the topic of adoption to light. Of course, none of us know the real situation, the why's and why nots so I don't think its up to us to judge when or how they choose to become parents. As for flushing the money, we don't know that either.

I have no qualms about seeing them win again. However; the previews of this weeks show don't make it look like that's going to happen.

I loved how in tonights episode Uchenna was making the beauty queens uncomfortable talking about the slave trade! I wasnt too woried about these two this week even knowing that they had to finish first or suffer a 30 minuete penalty. The major delays with the other teams pretty much guaranteed that Uchenna and Joyce would be around another week (the previews last week made it seem like they were doomed)

I'm just bumpin' their thread cuz I don't want to see them at the back of the pack.

Having these two on the mat along with Oz and Danny was a great treat.

And I take the guys giving this couple their 1st prize as a testimony to character.

All four of them!

That's priceless.

They both landed on the mat at the same time and Phil told them "I only have one prize to give away, so you guys need to decide who gets it." O/D had already won a previous leg and prize so they decided to let U/J have the prize, but they did tell them "We won't be sharing the million with you." I thought it was a nice guesture as well. I already liked U/J but O/D are growing on me.

I am a little surprised that U & J accepted it so readily. I mean, they DID win a million already! I guess I was just a little disappointed that they didn't even offer for D & O to take the prize. Makes me think highly of D & O...and yes, I know they did win a trip already.

I was thinking that too Kayo, I said it in the O/D thread!

I think it was unfair anyway though, they knew they would have a chance to have two teams on the mat, so they should have had two prizes ready!

My first reaction at the mat was also how unfair to have only one prize.

But then I realized that they didn't have to land there together.

This foursome did that by choice. All the pairs parted ways after their teamwork leg.

Did we get any clue as to why D/O offered so readily?

As I recall, we didn't see their decision to stay together.

There might be an answer there.

they had to stay together because they took the fast forward together, I didnt hear if they said they could split up after, but they did it together. I just think that they knew there was a chance of two teams they should have had them ready, its not like it has to do with money they give prizes away like crazy so whats one more?

I thought for sure tonight would've been a non-elimination leg... but oh well, I'm not too sad to see Uchenna and Joyce go. I liked them, but I just didn't remember seeing a whole lot of them during the race.

I'd be more upset if they hadn't already came in last once before during this race. They got their second chance and now it was their time to go.