Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Edgardo Rivera

edgardohn1.jpg

Biography

Born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Edgardo Rivera spent his teenage years there while attending high school. After his senior year, Rivera moved to the United States where he attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. He received a Bachelor's Degree in advertising while playing on the Varsity Tennis Team. During this time, he earned All-Conference accolades and was part of the Davis Cup National Tennis Team for his native Puerto Rico.

After graduating college, Rivera began to work in an advertising agency in Puerto Rico before moving to Miami to further his career. He is currently a Regional Account and Planning Supervisor for a major client of a multinational advertising agency.

Rivera enjoys playing beach volleyball, tennis, basketball, traveling, spending time with his family and friends when he visits Puerto Rico and occasionally hitting the hot spots in South Beach, Miami. He describes himself as spontaneous, ambitious and very adventurous.

Rivera has three younger sisters, Rebeca, Adriana and Isabella. He currently resides in Miami Beach, Florida. His birth date is October 5, 1978.

Favorites

Colors

Brown

Scents

Vanilla

Flowers

Orchid, sunflower

Board Games

Chess, Battleship

Video Games

No favorite

Sports to Play

Beach volleyball, tennis, basketball

Sports Teams

Miami Heat, Pittsburgh Steelers

Outdoor Activities

Camping, body boarding

TV Shows

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Family Guy, 24

Movies

Layer Cake, Pulp Fiction, The Beach

Music

Electronica, hip hop

Magazines

Ad Age, Maxim

Books/Authors

No favorite

Cereals

Frosted Flakes

Fruits

Orange, pineapple

Snack Foods

Pringles, Doritos

Cookies

Chocolate chip

Candy Bars

Snickers, Kit Kat

Alcoholic Drinks

Vodka, wine, rum, whiskey, tequila

Non-alcoholic

Coke, Gatorade, Clearly Canadian

I swear, I had never heard of this guy, or at least noticed him, before last night. For crying out loud-- this thread was on page 2, even after the chick who quit before they even started.

Is it just me, not paying attention, or has this guy been almost invisible. I may have seen him in challenges and such, but I don't think I'd ever heard that name before, and it's unique enough, you ought to remember it.

But anyway, he seems like a decent one-- too bad he's with miss snotty pants, miss rude, ugly and clumsy pants, and with mr. arrogant pants.

What was all that about his thing being archery and he was so sure he would shine at this challenge and then he so sucked? I mean, had he even shot a bow and arrow before? He was almost the worst player, def far from the best (even on his team). And why did no one give him even a little bit of crap? I would have said "uh, what about your mad bow- hunting skills, edgardo?"

Born in San Juan, Puerto Rico, Edgardo Rivera spent his teenage years there while attending high school. After his senior year, Rivera moved to the United States where he attended Ball State University in Muncie, Indiana. He received a Bachelor's Degree in advertising while playing on the Varsity Tennis Team. During this time, he earned All-Conference accolades and was part of the Davis Cup National Tennis Team for his native Puerto Rico.

Not to be so picky, but I just couldn't help myself. Whoever edited Edgardo's profile must not know geography because PUERTO RICO IS PART OF THE UNITED STATES! Sorry, that bothers me that some people don't know that. If they said mainland United States, then no harm done.

Perhaps some Puerto Ricans, because they identify with Puerto Rico and not the USA, call that their country. I know some Taiwanese youth who specify that they come from Taiwan, not China, even though their counterparts from mainland China who quickly correct them and say they are from China. Maybe it's similar to that.

Well, it's a commonwealth of the United States. It's not really "part" of it, per say, we more or less just sort of own it. It's not a state and its residents would not be considered US citizens.

They are US citizens and have been since the early 1900s. It may not be a state, but it is part of the USA whether it is a commonwealth, territory, or state.

"On March 2, 1917, President Woodrow Wilson signed the Jones-Shafroth Act. This law gave Puerto Ricans U.S. citizenship."

http://www.loc.gov/rr/hispanic/1898/jonesact.html

A touristy-site on Puerto Rico explains that while Puerto Ricans enjoy American citizenship, they don't usually call themselves American. It says, "to most Puerto Ricans, 'my country' means 'Puerto Rico', not the United States. "

Sign in to follow this