Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Earl Cole

Thanks, Kayo. Very interesting. A saxophone player, hey?

I knew there was something slow-runnin' sexy about that man!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTEVIEWS & FEATURES

Survivor Champ Earl Cole Reveals Fiji's Turning Point

by Rhoda Charles

070515int5earlcole.jpg

Survivor: Fiji champ Earl Cole

In what just so happened to be the series' 200th episode, CBS' Survivor: Fiji wrapped up its season with a unanimous vote for Earl Cole. While the "haves" versus the "have-nots" theme kept the first half of the season rolling along at a predictable pace, Fiji eventually turned out to be must-see television, as its cast of characters demonstrated how (and how not) to play the game. TV Guide.com spoke with Cole, fresh off his win, about his time on the island, his nearly perfect game play and a secret they didn't show us.

TVGuide.com: I believe you're the first African-American male to win the show. How does it feel?

Earl Cole: I feel good about that and I'm happy that I played a good game, a smart game. I'm glad to know that you can be a role model to somebody and that you can show them that you don't have to lie and cheat to go far.

TVGuide.com: You've said that you tried to play a straight game. Does that mean that you never lied?

Earl: No, I did. You have to. I won't say I would directly lie, but sometimes I would elude the truth. Someone would ask, "Are you going to vote me out?" and you'd say something like, "I don't know how I'm going to vote." You feel really crappy doing that all the time. Sure, they'll buy it for a while, but then you just have to lie. It's a part of the game.

TVGuide.com: What was the turning point in the game for you?

Earl: It was definitely Dreamz making that decision [to keep immunity] in the final four. I know that was later in the game, but that was pretty big. The first turning point was when Michelle got voted off. That changed everything.

TVGuide.com: Was you relationship with Michelle your strongest alliance?

Earl: We had a good alliance because she was playing a role of being on the fence while she was giving me information. She was cool and there was that whole Ravu bond that we had. When she got voted out all of a sudden it was like, "Wow, they've just changed everything around!" So with that we had to move to another alliance.

TVGuide.com: You spent the most time on Exile Island.

Earl: [Laughs] It's now "Earl Island."

TVGuide.com: What were your favorite challenges?

Earl: My favorite challenge was the pole challenge when we were pushing each other through the course.

TVGuide.com: With the giant pinwheel?

Earl: Yes. But doing the Meke

I used Yau's idol to trick Boo into thinking that I had already found it so that I could actually continue looking for the real idol.

Excellent strategy there, Earl -- right to the end.

Earl was my pick from about midway through the season. Glad he won, wasn't too worried about his chances up against those two. However, I just watched him on Regis & Kelly and it was a little disappointing to hear the he was hand picked by a casting agent who spotted him in a restaurant in LA. Originally they wanted him for TAR. Didn't contestants originally have to apply to be on these shows??? The casts on reality shows have overall become more boring, I guess casting agents don't know everything.

Congrats to Earl!

I think last season, they went about recruiting for the tribes b/c they didn't have enough of each racial group to apply, correct? So yeah, that's definitely the trend now it seems. Just goes to show that you don't have to be a Survivor officianado (sp) to play or win the game.

I'm glad that Earl won. I was pushing for him or Yau since probably about midway, or whenever he first got exiled.

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor Fiji Winner Earl Cole Discusses How He Outlasted His Competition

earlcole_photo.jpg

Written By Ryan Haidet - 39 days. 19 people. 1 Survivor. The 14th season of the hit show Survivor wrapped Sunday with Earl Cole taking the title. He became the first African-American male to claim the prize and won by a landslide with a 9-0-0 vote

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Survivor: Fiji Winner, Earl Cole, Gets Married In Hawaii

May 31, 2010 01:00:17 by Nancy Floyd

Earl Cole, winner of Survivor: Fiji and one of PEOPLE

Sign in to follow this