Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Cassandra Franklin

cassandramn3.jpg

Cassandra Franklin - Biography

Cassandra Franklin was born and raised in Los Angeles, California. She currently manages the Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at the University of California, Los Angeles, and has been employed by the university for 23 years.

Franklin participates in events to raise funds and awareness for Minority Women and Children with AIDS and Breast Cancer Research. Additionally, she is Vice President of the Board of Directors for the Southeast Communities Prevention and Intervention Program.

Franklin's hobbies include skiing, traveling and shopping. She describes herself as fun, warm and giving. She is very proud of her family, including her mother, Varie, who is retired and living in Los Angeles with Franklin's stepfather, Coleman. Her sister, Debra, resides in Los Angeles with her husband, Dr. Robert A. Williams, the pastor of the McCoy Memorial Baptist Church.

Franklin has been married for two years to her husband, Clif. Her birth date is April 19, 1964

Favorites

Colors

Blue

Scents

Angel

Flowers

Rose

Board Games

Monopoly

Video Games

Pac-Man

Sports to Play

Tennis

Sports Teams

UCLA Bruins, The Lakers

Outdoor Activities

Skiing

TV Shows

Home D

She is one of my four favorites so far as well...although I did say I wouldn't want anyone who put Monopoly down as their favorite game to win :P ...I may have to re-think that.

Snack Foods

All

Cookies

All cookies, sugar and oatmeal raisin

Candy Bars

Mr. Goodbar

Cereals

Oatmeal, grits, Special K

I suppose the special K makes up for all the cookies and chocolate bars....

She seems to know what is going on in the game from not missing one question at the reward challenge... but I'm not sure I would want her to win the entire thing.

I wanted to see more Alex/Cassandra action. I wanted to see Jeff rip into Alex, but noooooooooo, he gets off easy.

I don't understand why Alex was so full of animosity toward Cassandra -- almost over the top. I didn't think she deserved all that and was also waiting for Jeff to at least comment.

I didn't really think he was over the top. Maybe he just got tired of her goodie two shoes act at that council. This is a woman who rarely if ever said a word at tribal, behaved like everyone's "yes man" at camp and couldn't or didn't even try to perform a physical challenge. Alex at least tried to play. That has to be frustrating for some of the folks who really came to play have to see a Cassandra in the finals. Plus, he didn't get really assertive with her until she wouldn't shut up when he tried to finish his question. He got so "attorney" on her, I thought it was kinda funny. She didn't know what hit her. I guess she might have realized she wasn't the one everyone could talk to after all.

I honestly didn't even remember her name until last night's show. What a weak, non-player to end up in the final 3. If she even hoped she would get a single vote, she'd be delusional.

She was a nice person but she was just so useless and boring and what the heck was she doing in the game. She did not contribute ANY entertainment.

how bout the final 3 getting their breakfast dropped from a plane... and it missed the X and fell in the water... her face was like.. "uhhhhh... someone??? anyone???? i cant swim???"

i wish there were more challanges that they had to swim! she was horrible at any challange. i really dont know how she got on the show. i would think she would fail the physical testing they do.

Poor Cassandra. I didn't expect the jury to attack her the way they did. It was unnecessary.

I was thinking the last Survivor was just about all swimming. This year not so....

What would Cassandra have done? LOL @ fizzle with the plane drop.

I couldn't stand that 24/7 Howdy Doody smile she had plastered on her face.

Howdy Doody smile

Oh my, do I detect some ancient wisdom there, Wicked?

Cuz you're spot on with that one. :P

She was just so useless and boring and what the heck was she doing in the game. She did not contribute ANY entertainment.

WORD!!!!

I think she played a good game and was underrated. I didn't think she played as good as Earl though, but she knew what she was doing. That reward challenge that she won proved that she was watching and paying attention to the game.

I was thinking the last Survivor was just about all swimming. This year not so....

You're right, Marty, and it got me to thinking --

Maybe they couldn't do a lot of swimming competitions since they had a team that was starving, and then people who never made it to decent digs. Or maybe water problems -- rare creepy crawlies or the like. I think it was more than her just lucking out. Were there others who couldn't swim (well)?

I give Cassandra one nod, though. She was the first I remember in a long time to choose her reward buddies with strategy in mind rather than chemistry or comraderie.

It was because there was something in the water that made it too dangerous to go into I think.

Cassandra was nice, I'm sure she's a good person, but I don't think she should have been in the final 3. People were upset with her b/c, in their opinion, she was a floater, she hung on Earl's coattails, and basically rode her way to the end. We all know that in the world of reality competitions, no one likes a floater. When people feel that they are giving their all to try to win and they see someone that's not really putting forth the effort b/c they align themselves with good players or strategists, it pisses some folks off.

But yeah, Alex was a little over the top, and I did feel kind of sorry for her, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

I wouldn't call Cassandra a floater. She stuck with her alliance the whole game. I would call her maybe a coattail rider. I would call Dreamz a floater.

Good point reality. I think some people think of a floater as someone who floats through the game but the term floater is usually used for someone floating back and forth between alliances.

Yes she is a coat tail rider for sure.

Sign in to follow this