Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Amazing Race General Discussion

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

WickedOne

WickedOne

Wicked Member

• Pip
  • 9,815 posts
Why do boring people always win.

Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts
its a conspiracy

fizzle

fizzle

• Pip
  • 13,548 posts
i was happy they won. they took a lot of crap from the other teams.. they got yelded twice... it just seemed like everyone was always agaist them. so good for them.

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
I didn't really care if the BQ won or E&D but I don't like the non-elimination rounds. It is not fair. I think every week should be an elimination. If you ferk up bad then you should be outta there.

Margaritta

Margaritta

• Pip
  • 84 posts
ooooooo Marty sounds like she has a splinter in her a$$! giggle.gif

Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,603 posts
i was happy they won. they took a lot of crap from the other teams.. they got yelded twice... it just seemed like everyone was always agaist them. so good for them

I agree Fizz - good for them! And I was happy since Charla and Mirna came in last!!!

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
ooooooo Marty sounds like she has a splinter in her a$$!

No I don't Margaritta but I do have a PAIN. goof.gif

fizzle

fizzle

• Pip
  • 13,548 posts
there IS a cream for that you know! smilielol.gif

Marty

Marty

• Pip
  • 31,633 posts
Ooooooooooooh fizzie you are such a funny girl. lookaround.gif

(all butt cream talk belongs over in OFF TOPIC)

Califcyclone

Califcyclone

• Pip
  • 966 posts
This may be answered elsewhere but thought I would ask if anyone knows how the AR All Stars were paid?
For some reason I think the Rob and Amber would play for $1M but also would expect some additional incentive to be there.
Are any/all paid some amount for just being there?
Do they get more for lasting longer?

Just interested in what motivates them. In Big Brother most seem to be there for the fame potential and the $ they get per week (which seems like more than most of them usually earn). Survivor it seems like folks play for positioning since each rank of remaining pays more (and Top four is not too bad - if I remember like 50K for 4th place).

Also, anyone know of any good links to see how reality contestants are paid? AR or otherwise?

BuxomBlonde

BuxomBlonde

Prediction Challenge Hostess

• Pip
  • 1,204 posts
Good links? Not really.

How about a mediocre one? LOL http://www.tarflies....etail&id=29#et4

Do the losing teams get any cash prizes?
Yes, the losing teams do get small cash prizes, staggered according to how long the team stayed in the race. For some reason, these amounts are kept very secret (much more so than the Sequesterville locations), but we have heard rumors that the second-place prize for some seasons has been $25,000 or $50,000, and third place was $10,000 or $25,000.

According to Aaron of TAR6, here's the prize breakdown:
1st- 1,000,000
2nd- 25,000
3rd- 10,000
4th- 7,000
5th- 6,000
6th- 5,000
7th- 4,000
8th- 3,500
9th- 3,000
10th- 2,500
11th- 1,500

This is, however, unverified

Of course, I imagine that it being All-Stars might mean the prizes were bigger. (Maybe even much bigger.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users