Sign in to follow this  
Cajunboiler

Amazing Race General Discussion

The BQ's played a better game.......

I agree Marty the BQ's have played a better game, but as long as CHarla and Mirna dont win I will be happy!!

I would personally like to thank wickedclownoj for ruining this season for me and for others. You supposedly "guessed" who would win this race and you said Eric and Danielle followed by Dustin and Kandice at the beginning of the season. Of course, getting those correct in that order is about a 1% chance, and you have been known in the past to give spoilers and pass them off as guesses. Also, the posts were deleted by the moderators also indicating that they were spoilers. I encourage everyone to ignore wickedclownoj if they do not wish to see any spoilers (like me) in future races. If you scroll down this forum, you will see a post titled "wtf" (asking for spoilers) made by him/her. Just click on the name and click ignore user in the profile.

Thanks for ruining this season of the race, wickedclownoj.

Hey some people have not watched the show yet. It is only 6:55 pm here on the West Coast. I already read a spoiler so I know the results anyway.

I already know because I was a dumb a$$ and read a spoiler over at SUCKS. I will never do that again. Not that I really have anyone to root for. For an allstar cast it was pretty lame. With Romber gone there was nobody there that really played a good game.

Well, I knew it was a spoiler that was posted in a non spoiler thread once Eric and Danielle came in last on the non elemination round and it has ruined every episode for me thereafter.

As bummed as I am that they won I can take joy in the fact that Eric and his boyfriend will party his half of the money away and at least my favorite team (BQs) won a lot of really cool prizes.

Yes...I love that they got some great prizes and I'm sure they will treasure this journey they had with each other for the rest of their lives

Well, I wonder if the next AR will have any of the BB crew that wants to ge on the show like Will, Janelle, James, Kasar and that little puke Mike Boogie.

surprisingly, i wasn't upset when eric and danielle won. i was glad that the BQ's didn't win.....its kandice who bugs me. i love dustin, she's a doll and a sweetheart, but kandice is a b*tch.

as for charla and mirna.....they fought a good fight. was disappointed that they were in third place after getting a good lead at the beginning. but they kayaking was a bit rough on them!!

Why do boring people always win.

its a conspiracy

i was happy they won. they took a lot of crap from the other teams.. they got yelded twice... it just seemed like everyone was always agaist them. so good for them.

I didn't really care if the BQ won or E&D but I don't like the non-elimination rounds. It is not fair. I think every week should be an elimination. If you ferk up bad then you should be outta there.

i was happy they won. they took a lot of crap from the other teams.. they got yelded twice... it just seemed like everyone was always agaist them. so good for them

I agree Fizz - good for them! And I was happy since Charla and Mirna came in last!!!

ooooooo Marty sounds like she has a splinter in her a$$!

No I don't Margaritta but I do have a PAIN. :goof:

there IS a cream for that you know! :smilielol:

Ooooooooooooh fizzie you are such a funny girl. :lookaround:

(all butt cream talk belongs over in OFF TOPIC)

This may be answered elsewhere but thought I would ask if anyone knows how the AR All Stars were paid?

For some reason I think the Rob and Amber would play for $1M but also would expect some additional incentive to be there.

Are any/all paid some amount for just being there?

Do they get more for lasting longer?

Just interested in what motivates them. In Big Brother most seem to be there for the fame potential and the $ they get per week (which seems like more than most of them usually earn). Survivor it seems like folks play for positioning since each rank of remaining pays more (and Top four is not too bad - if I remember like 50K for 4th place).

Also, anyone know of any good links to see how reality contestants are paid? AR or otherwise?

Good links? Not really.

How about a mediocre one? LOL http://www.tarflies.com/article.php?_f=detail&id=29#et4

Do the losing teams get any cash prizes?

Yes, the losing teams do get small cash prizes, staggered according to how long the team stayed in the race. For some reason, these amounts are kept very secret (much more so than the Sequesterville locations), but we have heard rumors that the second-place prize for some seasons has been $25,000 or $50,000, and third place was $10,000 or $25,000.

According to Aaron of TAR6, here's the prize breakdown:

1st- 1,000,000

2nd- 25,000

3rd- 10,000

4th- 7,000

5th- 6,000

6th- 5,000

7th- 4,000

8th- 3,500

9th- 3,000

10th- 2,500

11th- 1,500

This is, however, unverified

Of course, I imagine that it being All-Stars might mean the prizes were bigger. (Maybe even much bigger.)