Sign in to follow this  
Cajunboiler

Survivor General Discussion

I totally agree with the unfairness of this season. This is not just a game, these people are competing for $1,000,000. The contestants sign up with the assumption that they would be given the same opportunities as everyone else. I understand there have always been losing tribes and winning tribes who get an extra meal here and there, but to keep some contestants fed, sleeping comfortably (when does the maid service kick in?), definitely gives them a better shot at the million bucks. I hope this social experiment fails miserably and the sole survivor is someone from Ravu.

Survivor or America's Next Top Model? ANTM is usually on Sundays, too. For Survivor, this is just s temporary change, right? Or will it be on Wednesdays from now on? Tonight should be interesting with the tribe switch.

(Tonight is a special night, lala)

I'm hoping it's a complete merge and not just a switching around of buffs. The group is large for one tribe, but I think the producers banked way too much on one person choosing two balanced teams. The haves & have nots was obviously the origninal plan. Bad idea to begin with -- but I wonder if it was doomed from the beginning simply because they had to account for the drop-out and one person's choosing created a way-too-dominant team.

For anyone who didn't see the show tonight, here are the new tribes.

Earl, Michelle, Boo, Stacy, Cassandra, Yau-Man - Moto rich tribe

Rocky, Mookie, Dreamz, Alex, Edgardo, Lisi - Ravu poor tribe

I am looking forward to seeing how Lisi fares with her new tribe! Her former Moto allies were already tired of her so if new Ravu goes to tribal council I predict she'll be voted out.

Couldn't happen to a more deserving person.

No doubt she will be the first to go! They want the tribe to be ALL men! Are they ever going to get rid of Rocky? uggg.

I'd like to see her trip and fall on her face one more time before she goes. (man, I'm mean today)

Does anyone remember whenever they showed previews of this season on last season's season finale? I think I remember them saying that one survivor will make a decision that will have everyone talking... Anyone remember that in the previews back in December?

Yes, I just watched it again. One of the survivors will make one of the most controversial decisions that a survivor ever had to make and will have all of America talking...

I don't think what I'm about to say is a spoiler but, just in case anyone thinks it is... heads up: read or don't read. :)

I'm not sure why I think this but, it seems I've read it somewhere. I think it has something to do with the immunity idol. Like they promise to use it, not use it, help find it, give it to them... I don't know exactly. But, whatever they say they'll do, they don't. Then again, maybe I made it up in my head. LOL

This just might be considered a spoiler so I am going to use the spoiler code and if you want to know then you can just highlight it to read it... If you don't want to know then no harm no foul... About the thing one Survivor does that has everyone talking...

It's the car... Yau Man win's it and gives it to someone for their promise to keep him in the game and they in turn vote him out... I think he gives it to Dreamz, but I could be mistaken...

I read this on the tv guide about tonight's episode and found this very interesting. It doesn't say who goes home or what tribe loses tonight.

A person finds the hidden immunity idol and tries to plant a fake immunity idol hoping the fake one will be played at tribal council.That would be hilarious if that happened!

This is the most boring cast in Survivor history.

So the two people I dislike the most are finally gone! Rocky and Lisi!!!! This is great!

Now who do I hate on... Dreamz? He hasn't been playing a great game...

Out of whose left I hate Stacey the most.

After her I'd like to see Boo go because of his stupid comment last week about Yau-man being weak.

Dreamz can go after him because during tonights tribal council I realized he does act like Rocky in a way.

I'd like to see Yau-man, Michelle, and Alex in the final 3.

I'm sitting here chuckling at a comment made on Morty's Survivor Fan Page. This week's re-cap of the show.....

"The judges gave both tribes very high marks, but voted Sanjaya-- oops, I mean Moto the best."

:animated_rotfl:

I haven't been following that thread because I'm not really watching Survivor this year--but that comment is hilarious!!

I think the show is going to be pretty interesting next week (assuming that it will be a merge). There are clearly two dominant factions going on at each tribe. Ravu seems to be dominated by the group lead by Alex and Edgardo. Moto seems to be dominated by the group lead by Earl and Yau Man (this is not completely evident as there have been no tribal councils but from what we've seen this seems to be the case). These two groups are bound to have a collision at the merge and go to war with each other.

To further complicate these matters, each group seems to have an idol in their protection. With five people; Alex, Earl, Edgardo, Mookie, and Yau Man having an idol to use as protection it is extremely likely that the idol will be used next week. It should be interesting to see how Mookie will react if Alex or Edgardo asks for the idol next week given his comments this past episode indicating he is not quite the sharer his allies expect him to be. Which player uses it and how it impacts the game should be interesting.

The two dominant factions in the game will be at war for the very many swing votes that will determine the outcome of the game. Michelle seems firmly behind Earl and Yau Man and there it seems a given that she will remain on that side for now. It also seems most probable that Boo and Stacy will re-join their old Moto allies in Alex and Edgardo. This could change however depending on how will Earl and Yau were able to build a "team" atmosphere over at New Moto beach. Boo seems to have had a naive belief that held control over at New Moto (such as stating Yau Man would be out if they lost an immunity challenge) and feel that his chances are good staying with them. Assuming though that Boo and Stacy do re-join Alex and Edgardo however, that would make the score 4-3 leaving Mookie, Cassandra, and Dreamz as the swing votes.

Mookie has formed a tight enough alliance with Alex and Edgardo that he was below both Lisi and Dreamz in terms of that tribe's pecking order. He may feel comfortable with his alliance of New Ravu and stick with that voting block. He may also however feel uncomfortable being in an alliance with so many people from the old Moto tribe and decide that he would be playing for 5th or 6th by sticking it out with them and flop back to his old Ravu tribe. This would be incredibly significant for Earl and Yau Man because it not only gives them another vote, by it also gives them a second hidden immunity idol. It is possible that given Mookie's idol and how he decides to play it in regards to other players that his decisions in the upcoming rounds could impact the fate of the game.

Dreamz and Cassandra are in an extremely interesting position where they could end up voting either way. Dreamz seems to have pledged himself to Alex and Edgardo by joining in their alliance at New Moto whereas it appears that Cassandra has stated an intention to vote alongside Earl and Yau Man. The problem with this is though that the two of them have a tight relationship and will most likely vote together. The two need to decide which group would be better for them in the long run. Foreshadowing may suggest that they will go with Earl's group. This can be evidenced in Dreamz's claim back in episode five that he and Cassandra would vote with the other tribe at a merge and Edgardo expressing concern at Dreamz's relationship with Cassandra this past episode. However, perhaps by voting out Lisi, Alex and Edgardo showed enough good faith to Dreamz that he will want to remain on their side, and bring Cassandra with them.

I see the ideal play of Earl and Yau Man to work over Dreamz to keep him and Cassandra voting alongside their group. I think the way to do this is something similiar to what Yul did in regards to Jonathan last year. This is where the plan was initially to target Adam, the appeared leader of the Raro tribe, but then switch it to Nate who Jonathan did not have as close a relationship with. Instead of telling Dreamz and Cassandra that the vote will certainly be for the top dog, Alex or Edgardo, instead make the deal a bit sweeter and decide to vote for Stacy. This could erase some negative feelings that Dreamz will have about betraying Alex and Edgardo, and put forth the temptation to get rid of a person that was rude to him at the old Moto tribe.

How the two factions play this upcoming week will determine which side has the superior players and will seperate the pretty good players from the ones who deserve to win.

Great post, SCRebel-Thanks for sharing! You bring up many good points. It will definitely be interesting to see how it plays out, especially with the Mookie/Edguardo/Alex idol-sharing dilemna. If they do merge next week, I definitely think Dreamz will shift his alliances without looking back. That would mean an Earl, Cassandra, Michelle, Yau-man and Dreamz partnership, which would mean that the Mookie/E & A idol will probably play out sooner rather than later.

Personally, I'd love to see Earl, Cassandra, Yau-Man and Sanjaya...I mean Alex ;) ... in the final four.

On the next survivor... "A cat and mouse game plays out at one of the most dramatic Tribal Councils in SURVIVOR history, leaving one alliance shocked and the other gloating."

Cajun...I am hoping that it is the Alex/Ed alliance that is rattled. I really want to see Earl and Yauman go the distance.

Great show last nite :excl:

Merge on Exile Island

Return to stripped Moto Camp

Random teams picked for Immunity Challenge for Tribal Council

Immediately taken to "Tribal Council with NO chance to strategize :2thumbsup::clap:

MY KINDA SHOW (gooo Yauman)

I am disappointed. I thought that this was going to turn into a war with Earl, Yau, Michelle and Cassie VS Dreamz, Mookie, Alex and Edguardo with both holding onto an immunity idol. Unfortunately Dreamz made a stupid desicion and voted out Michelle. Now it'll probably just be a lot of manipulation. Of course, I just realized last night that the idol is played BEFORE the votes are read, so that may be the "stunner". Someone does not know he is to be voted out and then is. My money is on Mookie leaving next week, with the idol in his pocket. :outfitted_pirate:

These "four horsemen" have the ability by all means to make it to the final four. They can simply utilize Stacy's vote for the next few rounds until they have the majority to pluck the rest off. There is of course the problem with the hidden immunity idol but that can be overriden with the idol of their own. The only problem there is that it is likely they NONE of them will have that as their most desirable or best strategic play to get there.

Alex and Edgardo would want to use Mookie and Dreamz to get to the final five with Stacy and then dump them off there. Basically, in that ideal final five, it's just common sense to go with Stacy. Why throw away a clear path to the final three and instead just to create a 2-2 situation in the final four? Mookie and Dreamz, realizing this situation, know that this can not be the final five and they have to take other options.

Should be interesting.

Sign in to follow this