Sign in to follow this  
Cajunboiler

Survivor General Discussion

when I saw the guy named Boo im like what the hell thats got to be a nickname! Then I saw his real name was Kenward and im like Boo sounds better lol!!!

I dont know but by my first impressions which I hope are wrong! This cast stinks!!!!!!!!

:clap: Thanks, Cajun B! I didn't think they'd have it up yet.

After looking at all the bios here are my thoughts...

Pretty diverse group- I count 5 White, 5 African-American, 4 Latino, 5 Asian...all American.

The list includes several highly-educated, wealthy people and the usual pre-requisite bartender, beautiful make-up artist (Jessica will be this season's hottie, I'm sure), military/police/authority person, and, of course, the usual nut cases. It makes me wonder if the theme for this season will be the "Haves Vs. the Have-Nots", or "Humor Vs. Smarts". :rolleyes:

Lisi is an "underground electropunk artist". I'm definitely showing my age here because-what in the heck is that?? :huh:

By her bio description, Michelle sounds like a female version of Cao Boi. :wacko:

With names like "Mookie", "Boo" and "Yau-Man" in the group, it's going to be a lot of fun just hearing the Survivors talk about each other with straight faces. :giggle:

I'm not sure who I'm rooting for at this point, but it'll probably be ANYONE who actually didn't put Monopoly as their favorite game....sheesh! Monopoly?? please....:brood:

I read over this last night briefly and thought that this looks like a poor choice of cast members. One of the girls is from my hometown (Lake Charles, La.) and several are from New Orleans. There seems to be more older tribe members in this season than last season.

And I want to know where the good looking guys are. With the exception of a couple, there's not much to lust over this year. :( Hopefully, they look better in person. :)

oh great, guess from now on we can count on every Survivor cast to be evenly cast racially, which sucks. I'd rather they take the best applicants for the show, period, not run around trying to find Hispanic people or Black people to play Survivor.

I think Edgardo is about as cute as we're going to get in the guy dept. this season...he looks alot cuter in the photo of them all together...hopefully he's likeable too.

I actually like it when they don't pick someone just because they're good-looking. Several of the eye candy Survivors have turned out to be total jerks and some of the ones who I thought weren't that good-looking at the start became much better-looking because of their personalities. Here's hoping...

Yau-Man seems to have studied this game well.... I wonder if he'll be another Billy and try too hard.

Yep, I think he'll try too hard and be the 1st or 2nd one to go. He seems like he'll be the odd man out.

Sylvia is another one I don't think will be in the game long...trying to be the "nurturing" mother figure will only get her so far, especially when you're a millionaire architect who wears bright red lipstick when arriving on the island :kiss: (that is unless her interview was filmed before they arrived at their destination). I could be wrong, but she just doesn't seem like the nurturing type.

After watching all the interviews, my favorites so far are:

Alex- he seems like a likeable guy, but if they find out he's an attorney it may not bode well for him.

Cassandra- I really like her...she seems very real and down-to-earth. As long as she isn't overly vocal about her faith, she could go far. She seems like a natural nurturer.

Dre- He may be the comic relief in the group-I find him very refreshing...which means I'll probably hate him later, but I hope not!

Earl- He falls 2nd in line for best-looking, in my opinion. Seems really likeable- and he loves his mom :love: , so that earns him some bonus brownie points with me!

Liliana- She may very well be my favorite so far! Intelligent, down-to-earth...We'll see...

Rita- seems very intelligent...we'll see how far her "sex-appeal" gets her...

Stacy- another likeable, smart individual

The ones that are on the bottom of my list to win so far are:

James- Ugh...he reminds me of a young, skinny Billy Joel/Rob wannabe...

Michelle- I can't help it- I find her voice oh so annoying.

Mookie- All I can say is- the name definitely suits him.

Boo- The fact that he thinks his looks will help him in the game just turns my stomach.

Yau-Man- He seems like a nice enough guy, but definitely not suited for Survivor AT ALL.

Sylvia- Anyone that is a high-profile architect in San Francisco who is in the process of building their million dollar dream home just shouldn't win in my book- and I don't care how shallow that sounds...

I'm on the fence about the rest...Edgardo will either be very endearing or very irritating...

I'm going to hate them all equally to start.That way if I wind up liking anyone it'll be a nice surprise. :devilish:

Watching the Pre-Game Vids heres my opinion.

- Alex - seems ok, might last a little while

- Anthony - he seems a little too ready, gonna be either first or second out

- Boo - OMG, i want to shoot myself, so boring, he's dumb enough to be carried at least halfway

- Cassandra - little god happy for me, but i ike her

- Dre - seem cool now, but i may get annoying

- Earl - No Opinion.

- Edgardo - Boring, No Opinion

- Erica - Seems like she could be fun, , rootin for her as of now

- Gary - I never really like the old guys, but i kinda like him . . .

- James - On No. Seems like such a bullshi**er, A**hole, overcompensating prick. No Thanks

- Jessica - Shes no Pavarti . . . .

- Liliana - She is going to outcast herself in my eyes

- Lisi - First Gone

- Michelle - Stop Talking, NOW STOP!!!

- Mookie - Not the Next Yul

- Rita - Alright Dear, this is no fashion show, Good Luck

- Stacy - No Opinion

- Sylvia - MY FAVORITE, I WANT HER TO WIN!

- Yau Man - No Thanks

God what an ugly group of people...

Where's the bikini babes??

I saw two videos in passing, James and Yau Man. James seems pretty cocky with himself. I think he'll stick around towards the middle or so but I don't think he has the strategic abilities to go far. Yau Man seems like an odd one with his accent and appearence. He may become an outsider early on and be lousy at the physical challenges leading to an early departure. He seems really smart though and I think if he gets the chance he could be an eventual winner. So either he's out early or he's going really far. Should be interesting.

Sylvia - MY FAVORITE, I WANT HER TO WIN!

Why? Just curious...

:unsure: Forum is a little empty. Will try and get the threads done for Survivors tomorrow.

ok ok Jem I got the hint

Give me a sec :animated_shocking:

:2thumbsup: Wasn't a hint. More of a reminder to me. :angel_not:

Why? Just curious...

I dont know, after watching all the videos, she was my favorite, i got a good vibe from her

good enough. I guess I shouldn't not want a person to win based on their financial wealth, but the thought of someone who is already loaded winning another million is a little hard to take! She may be a very nice person though, we'll see...

Only thing that'll keep me even REMOTELY interested this go-round is if there's some REAL Characters & some REAL damn drama!A fistfight...S.E.X.(shhhhhhhh) or SOMETHING besides clam digging(no pun intended) and poking at a fire grumbling about who's laziest.

Surviuvor is really lacking, the contestants, look to be lame. Mark Burnett better do something to brin Survivor back. Last season was a real disappoitment fir me, casting is not doing a very good job!!!!!

I am really excited. I don't see how anyone can form an opinion before the game even starts. You just never know what will happen. I think last year I will always remember Billy. He cracked me up and was the fodder of many You Tube videos. I hope there is a little more humor this time. :outfitted_pirate:

I just want to know, are we doing Fantasy Survivor again? I had fun last time, and had I joined in sooner, I think I would have topped out a little better (though 6th place isn't bad).

It's right on time... Every year there are rumors that this season's Survivor will start right after the Super Bowl... Of course it never has LOL, but that doesn't stop the rumors every year...

Sign in to follow this