Sign in to follow this  
Rejuvenated

Season 6

What's everyone's take on the tent city thing? I'm not impressed with it so far. I'm afraid that if they don't sleep well, its going to put the losing team at a real disadvantage.

On a different note, I miss the receptionist from season's past. She's been replaced by a butler! BOO!!!!!!!!!!

They've taken the business aspect out of this show. The boardroom is in a mansion and they're led in by a butler? That's stupid. I hate the tent city. What's next. . . the losing team gets sent to Exile Island? And is there a more boring, robotic person with less personality in the world than Ivanka Trump? This show sucks.

Agree with all of the above. I think the tent thing is just plain silly and immature--I mean, this is NOT Survivor...

And I also miss the receptionist, and actually that whole New Yark office setting--the "mansion" (and Donald KEEPS calling it that!!!) doesn't have the same atmosphere at all.

And ya, that butler--with the fake Swiss accent, or whatever it is...

I wonder about the new plan of keeping Project Manager on till his/her team fails.

I can see other ppl getting resentful of that...after all, the winning PM gets a LOT more time with Donald (e.g. in the boardroom with the losing team). It's free exposure for that person to the expense of the others.

For example, if Heidi's team wins for another couple of weeks, Trump will have a lot of opportunity to see her in action, hear her speak, etc., and not the others.

Listening to them all list their qualifications at the beginning, I was struck more than ever before by how successfully accomplished all the apprentice candidates all are, with their impressive educations and backgrounds, and long lists of impressive achievements.

It really seemed to me to be a level playing field at that point.

However, as soon as the tent task began, you could hear some of them asking if anyone had experience with putting up a tent before. And Heidi did, which is pretty much the only reason why she ultimately became a project manager. Frank, with experience in construction, somehow felt that it was close enough to putting up a tent that it entitled him to take over leading the task from Heidi. It seemed to me that his coup attempt did not exactly work out, as Heidi was still giving orders also, until that tent was up.

Heidi would do good to not let her lucky break go to her head. She could easily have been resigned to the back of the pack on her team, like so many others have been, if she had never put up a tent in her life, for example. Still, since she is in charge of her team now, and is likely to capitalize on her lucky breaks, hopefully she will manage to build up team spirit so that her team truly acts like a team by the time the next challenge comes along.

And with the margin of victory being so small, she could easily have been out the door already. Because on her team, who else could she possibly have blamed if they had lost?

Even when Frank was an unofficial leader duting the tent task, he did not seem to be an efficient manager, belting out orders before even knowing the situation. At one point, he had people lifing the tent up already when he suddenly realized he had forgot to put in some transverse poles, because you could hear him (very loudly) talking it out and having them put the tent back down. (Yes, I myself have helped put up some big tents, believe it or not.) Frank would do well to remember and apply the basic construction principle of "measure twice, cut once", because he should definitely have taken 5 more minutes to brainstorm and organize a plan of action before rushing off and leaving his team floundering goallessly.

With so many candidates and so little time, many of them received hardly any screen time, so it's hard to really have an opinion or impression of them, or in some cases even remember their names. Yath is right to point out how much of an advantage being a winning project manager can be. Those of us who have seen past seasons of this show know that sometimes one team can steamroll and dominate over the other for a few consecutive weeks. So if Heidi can win a few more in a row now, she probably won't get fired when she eventually loses (if she ever does), as long as it is not blatantly her fauilt that her team doesn't win that task.

I've watched the first episode of every apprentice, but except for that first season, my interest in the show usually falls off quickly after the first week, and I stop watching until the last episode. For some reason, this time is different for me, and I think I'm already hooked on this bunch enough to want to watch it to the end.

(Wow, I can't believe I wrote so much! When I started, I didn't know I had so much to say.)

whew....that was quite an essay, buxom. You get an A+.....

I agree with most of what you said...but I'm not sure if I like this year's Opener as much as others...

I DO like Ivanka's presence. I'm not sure about the tent in the backyard, not sure about the "mansion" as opposed to Trump Towers...And def not sure how the PM staying on as long as the team wins will play out.

I'm going to have to wait on all that till there are a few more episides.

Well I loved all it. You can't take any of this seriously or literally. Even in the boardroom, Trump often will ask, or make statements, simply to evoke a reaction. He might say something that is complete BS, just to see who willing to challenge him and take a stand. He was BS'ing with Frank near the end, just to see what Frank would do when under pressure. Trump had already decided to fire the other guy.

Frank obviously will be fired at some point. He is there like so many others in the past, he for makes great TV.

yes, of course, echo, you can't take anything involving Donald and his show seriously (he's so full of himself; the very IDEA that he even has a show is a joke by itself....)

Just fun to look at the changes he's made (or his execs), and interesting to see what will work.

Watching his success with this show is a friggin' marvel to me--I don't know how it's stayed on so many seasons...but it has...Hey, I'm a regular watcher---not hugely proud of that statement , and actually surprised(each season I thought I'd stop watching), but there ya go; ppl like me are boosting his ratings, so I gotta stop mocking..

yath . . . you're a reality TV junkie, just like the rest of us. And junkies are not picky. We have no choice but to take the crap that's out there, but get an orgasmic high when the good stuff comes around.

yup Jersey, you got it---I am indeed addicted (specially now that I have a DVR to record).

Thinking of joining a 12-step support group.

But sounds like too many steps to me...

Yath, I will g0 into rehab with YOU, and get the reality junkie off our backs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:P:lol::wacko::animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:

Guess its better then some other addictions!!!!

I could never kick this habit. The first thing they always tell you is. . . "get rid of the friends in your addiction circle. You can't hang out with them any longer." I'd miss you guys.

good point jersey--I'm not giving any of you guys up either.

So there.

:computer::gossip:

There just might be too much flesh peddling this season. A bikini design contest/fashion show AND a trip to the Playboy mansion all in one night??

When is the tent city gang going to wake up and realize everything they say is being listened to from the other side of the hedges?

I don't really mind tent city. It's a twist, and it's kind of amusing to see them complaining, and seeing the teams spying on each other over the hedge.

I agree that Frank won't be there long, especially after the comment Trump made tonight. Frank was saying in the boardroom that he had claustrophobia and had to sleep outside, and Trump said "don't worry Frank, you'll be back in the Bronx soon enough-----" :lol:

Geez, the Apprentice ladies looked almost as good as the bunnies when they visited the mansion.

I'm finding the show more annoying as it goes on.

The tent thing just seems like overkill, but I must say that what I have the most trouble with is Heidi staying as Project Manager indefinitely. She's been in the boardroom twice now, palling with Donald and Ivanka, and will stay there until her team loses.

Actually, I really like Heidi. She's bright, articulate--hey, she could have what it takes to be the Apprentice. It's just that with her being so showcased we see very little of the others, and the others don't have a chance to show Donald their stuff.

Then if/when Heidi's team loses, we could potentially have another PM who stays in that spot for weeks....and the majority of ppl will prob not get to be PM.

There was something odd about the contest, and I can't put my finger on it. One thing I noticed was Trump had to do a voice over for his beach speach; his words were out of sync with his lips. Not a big deal, just sloppy technical work. Still the contest seemed more fake\staged than usual. Not a lot of time was spent showing them actually designing anything and no time talking with the buyers to find out what they should make. I speculate that the buyers might have been real buyers, but they weren't really buying anything; just given monopoly money to spend as if they were buying swim wear... Don't get me wrong, I know this show does include staged role playing games, so none of it is to be viewed as being literal\factual\real. This last one almost seemed like something might have gone hayware along the way during shooting, and they had to patch it together the best they could.

I absolutely agree, echo, and till you said it I couldn't put my finger on it.

Yes, the last show was sloppy, and I agree that the contest was strange. No discussions, staying up late, talking to designers, discussing and purchasing fabric, interviewing models, etc. Suddenly the bathing suits were just THERE.

Also, I find it unclear as to what's happening with tent vs mansion next week. The tent ppl have to compete, and the others don't? So there's no winner between the teams, and I guess the tent ppl automatically go back to their tents??

Don't understand--what are the mansion ppl going to be doing all week, and more importantly, what possible motivation is there for the tent ppl to win???

Well Yath, maybe next week things will get cleared up and make more sense. I don't cruise the internet looking leaks or other gossip about the show, if I did, there might be some inside info as to what really happened behind the scene to explain such a strange episode.

And yes, it is strange that next week they are only having one team compete against itself, (I'm assumming) further eliminating another member from an already dwendling team . Why would they do that?...Speculating, taking a cue from survivor, when one team is so dominating (which may not be apparent to the viewers), the producers switch the game up to bring balance back into the teams.

My thoughts are that at the beginning of the episode that the teams will be shuffled. This way you will have two teams conpeting but only half of the losing team will be up for elimination. It will be interesting to see if the ones that have immunity just sit on thier butts.

I bet you're right about the teams getting shuffled, nemille--and in fact, Donald has done that in previous seasons.

But surely they also have to make some changes re the "semi-permanent" PM--that just can't work.

But surely they also have to make some changes re the "semi-permanent" PM--that just can't work.

I don't like having one of the so-called apprentices sitting next to The Donald, but if I recall that in the very first episode they said that the winning PM would be sitting there throughout this season. Unlikely they would say that up front if they were to change their mind later down the road because the ulimate winner of this season has been selected before they even begin to put any of the episode together, thus everything that is said\done\included is consistant to what happens in later episodes.

As a general rule in television, once a series is starting to slide in the ratings often there is one last effort to shake things up to see if they can stop the rating slide or some how reverse it. Unlikely that this series is going to bring in a new baby (they actually did in the first episode with Trumps new wife\family) or a smart talking 10 year old kid. Most often such tricks really don't do much to help a fading series. This very well could be The Donald's last season and he'll just say he needs to devote more time to other high priority projects.

Understood, but I think the changes they made were, on the whole, poor judgments--LA base, mansion/tent, butler, permanent PM, etc. I'm sure most of us could have come up with better ideas. Only one good change--Ivanka, and even she is not enough to save the show.

Echo, do you know what the ratings are this season?

From what I have read on internet and zap2it.com, the Apprentice is getting hammered into last place by 24 and desparate housewives. Also noting that the show did not have a Fall segment and previously bumped from it's original high profile 9pm timeslot of Thurs night.

....Plus, look at the lack of posts in this forum. :)

If the ratings are being hammered because of 24 and Housewives, that's only because Donald is so full of himself that he chose to go in that time slot, and compete against top-rated shows. He wouldn't have enjoyed having great ratings on a less popular day and time.

And someone said--echo, you??--that if this is his last season, Donald will never admit to the real reason. Exactly right--he'll have all kinds of reasons why HE has decided to stop doing the show...

Hope someone calls him on it, and that it's made very public that his show was DROPPED, and that the ratings stunk.

Rosie, you listening...???