Sign in to follow this  
Dade

Surya

cand_surya.jpg

Surya, 24, was born in Norristown, Pennsylvania and raised in Old Bridge, New Jersey. Surya's entrepreneurial spirit was evident early on when he started a successful e-commerce strategy company at age 15. Subsequently, he attended college and worked full-time as director of marketing at a publishing/web company, overseeing a significant marketing budget. While at Rutgers University, he was class president and commencement speaker, graduating with honors and earning a B.S. degree in finance and psychology. Today, a brand manager for a top-ranking Fortune 500 company, Surya crafts corporate strategy to help the company evolve its media plans to keep up with changing consumer habits. In his free time, he enjoys volunteering, playing basketball, reading and traveling. Surya says he should be the next Apprentice because he "can operate with the passion and energy of an entrepreneur and bring along the discipline and savvy of a corporate executive."

Yep... he DOES tend to get on your nerves.

But he knew (and we all knew) it was a crappy idea.

Frank should have been brought into the Board Room for the final 3. He regressed to the 4th grade when he was

being a jerk when Surya had asked in the van for a few minutes for everyone to try and think of some other ideas.

<---- NOT a Frank fan <_<

How many are left?

I loved whenever Frank was talking in the van saying "You have 2 minutes left of thinking time."

totally agree Franky is great love him!!!!

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEW & FEATURES

Things Get "Hairy" as Apprentice's Surya Sounds Off

by Matt Webb Mitovich

070316interview2.jpg

Surya Yalamanchili, The Apprentice

Task sponsor GNC may promote good health, but nothing could keep The Apprentice's Arrow team from growing sick and tired of perpetual project manager Surya Yalamanchili's leadership style. So when their halftime show hawking the vitamin store came up anemic, it was the 24-year-old Ohioan who was shown the door. TVGuide.com invited Surya to set the record straight on the circumstances of his exit, as well as weigh in on, yes, that nickname. (NBC's The Apprentice airs Sundays at 10 pm/ET.)

TVGuide.com: Close one last night, man. I thought for a minute there that James might find enough rope to hang himself.

Surya Yalamanchili: Yeah, yeah.... That boardroom probably lasted two to three hours. It went on forever. Trump did something I was told he'd never done before: He sent us out twice, because he didn't know what to do.

TVGuide.com: Oh, I think someone lied to you. I've been covering the show for six seasons, and he's done that at least once before. But it is rare.

Surya: Oh, OK! [Laughs] But he was just boxed into a corner because I wouldn't blame everybody. Usually boardrooms are a bloody mess because the project manager is willing to cast blame on anybody to save himself, but I was defending Stefani and Frank and Kim and Nicole.... I said they did everything I asked of them. They didn't always do it in a manner I thought was respectful, but... that was another matter.

TVGuide.com: Did you guys bat around any halftime show ideas other than the boxing thing?

Surya: What's so funny, and they actually left it in there, is that at the beginning of the episode, Tim comes up with that idea, and I'm like, "No, I want everybody to spend 10 minutes [brainstorming further]." But these guys came up with nothing, they came up with idiocy.

TVGuide.com: I hate brainstorming sessions where someone comes up with a bad, bad idea, but people latch onto it.

Surya: That's why I told them to keep thinking. When I ask myself what I could have done differently, other than come up with an idea of my own, all I could have done was make them brainstorm further, but they didn't want to.

TVGuide.com: You saw Kinetic's show, and it was more fun and animated....

Surya: You know what? People who were at the show and posted about it the next day said ours was bad, but Kinetic's was awful. That's why I thought we won. They did a rating where they said [to the spectators], "If you like Team Arrow use [the] yellow [side of a card], if you like team Kinetic use green," or something. Half the people wouldn't vote because both shows were so bad, but those who did vote voted for us. That's why I was like, "There's no way we're losing this."

TVGuide.com: Your pre-boardroom chat with Kinetic through the bushes, was that a calculated ploy to get Kristine, who would be in the boardroom, on your side?

Surya: Oh, yeah. A lot has been made of that, and I was shocked to see that people find that so fascinating or unethical or whatever. To me, if anybody knows somebody on the other side who can vouch for them, why wouldn't they say, "Hey, look, these guys are going to come after me. Vouch for what you know." Plus, and this is the important part to me: I'm surrounded [on Arrow] by a bunch of people who were being condescending and rude and aggressive to me