Slight Changes

morty

You may have noticed some changes in the board's appearance, these are just part of regular upgrades made by the Invision Software people that the forums run on. One problem I noticed is that the calendar isn't displaying upcoming events on the main page. I'm looking into that. If you see any other glitches, please let me know.

What about the signatures Morty?

I turned them off to save bandwidth during BB, and I found I prefer them off. People were posting a one line reply, sometimes just a smiley and then a half a page of signature, same with quoting, because it was automatic, it was used to the point where it drowned out the content.

Speaking of smilelys, King asked for a bigger selection so I added some new ones. :furious:

The smilies rock!!!

When we lost the siggy's I was dissapointed but now I actually like the clean look without them better... I haven't checked to see if the avatars can be a little bigger..

I sure like this upgrade though, some cool features!!

*sheds tear* Uncle Morty really cares, he's the host with the most!!!

I haven't checked to see if the avatars can be a little bigger..

No, I haven't changed that. It's still 90 x 90, which is about average if you check out the other sites.

I think I would love the new changes if my system was upgraded. Unfortunately, I can't access any pull down menus including fonts, sizes, color, etc. In fact, the window where fonts and sizes should appear just looks blank right now. I'm calling for all tech geeks to help troubleshoot this problem for me.

Also, when I post a new thread, it won't alllow me to capitalize the first letter of the title. That's a new wrinkle that just began. Unfortunately, I'm on AOL with a dial-up modem connection. Just in case that helps our tech gurus here to solve the problem.

So far, we've tried but not succeeded with:

1. switching back and forth from standard to rich

text editor and back again over and over again

2. deleting cookies and files
  3. rebooting
  4. defragment

I think I would love the new changes if my system was upgraded.

You might just need to upgrade your software. You need the current version of Java installed, and a modern browser. If you're using Microsoft IE on an older machine with limited resources, you might want to consider switching to FireFox. The board is completely Firefox compatible (the only site I use that doesn't like Firefox is my bank).

Other issue could be your screen resolution. Although you should be able to use the site at lower resolutions, it was designed for a minimum of 1024 x 768.

These suggestions are just guesses, as Invision hasn't received any other complaints about this.

Morty, thanks for all the upgrades, it looks great. I too am finding somethings difficult, too activated. I will keep ttying, yes it may be the software also. But still having a great time regardless, and have a great group of people on the boards. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Morty, My Hero!

No, I still haven't had success but you just suggested something that one of my nanogeek friends also recommended . . . Firefox. I guess I'll try that next. :animated_scratchchin: Thanks for trying to solve a problem that seems isolated to my individual antiquated technology. I'll keep you posted. I can't wait to see all the bells and whistles. You KNOW how much I love bells and whistles!

Hey, Fizzle! I'm laughing through my tears. I would LOVE to get a new computer but funding for such an expenditure is slight to none. I'm not sure if there is a scholarship for the pitifully underprogrammed! :animated_rotfl:

Morty and Morty Fans . . .

Thanks to everyone for all their help in trying to solve my pitifully underprogrammed and out-of-date computer woes particularly in the recent forum upgrade. Well, I FINALLY have some good news! Not sure how or why but just yesterday, all my bells and whistles decided to make an appearance.

I can assure you I did nothing to help it along but just like my avatar takes a few days to show up on my system, the same thing happened with the upgrade. I went to update or post something new when the attachment addition decided to show up.

With excited anticipation, I scrolled up to the top and Voila! My fonts, sizes, colors and emoticons along with the rest of the new bells and whistles were there begging to be used! I LOVE it! Thanks again for everyone's help in trying to achieve an updated result on an outdated computer! :animated_rotfl:

Much Love . . .

TV_Paige!

CONGRATS Paige!!!!

now if I can figure out why I am still not staying logged in.

I did all that over and over again.

But today I am still logged in...must be the same wait bug that Paige had. :animated_bouncy:

Please bring back quoting. It makes it so much easier to understand what people are commenting on if they use quoting correctly. Threads might be slightly less cluttered without it, but trying to follow who is responding to what is sometimes just a pain in the ass.

i.e some thread:

# 5 I disagree totally

# 6 Well if fred would do things correctly, there wouldn't be a problem.

# 7 I have no idea, you will have to go look and find out.

# 8 hehehehe... That is a good one.

# 9 Yeah, I totally agree with you, it just never ends

When I get to thread that read like that, I don't even bother to try and figure it out.

Please bring back quoting. It makes it so much easier to understand what people are commenting on if they use quoting correctly.

Echo- there still is a quoting option...you just have to copy and paste the quote, then highlight it and press the "wrap in quote tags" button on the tool bar.

I did all that over and over again.

But today I am still logged in...must be the same wait bug that Paige had.

I am still having this problem sometimes, Jem sent me to the page where you check remember me, but it doesnt always remember me, lol, so 2 or 3 times a week I have to log in again, not to big a deal, but if it can be fixed let me know. Thanx again!

:animated_wave:

Archived