Accused of Cheating

nawlinsgal

hmmm That's interesting about Mortys, because when I went to vote it wouldnt let me and said I had already voted. It did the same thing last year to me too.

I saw this earlier today. They've accused Morty's of cheating before and it was unfounded. It happened before I was even a member. I can't remember all the details as it was a conversation between morty and I over a year ago.

The amount of loyal readers he has for the front page. He puts the link up for people to vote and within a day we've skyrocketed to number one and blitz everyone so they always cry foul. I asked him to put the link on the page so that our Live Feed Updaters could get some recognition for all their hard work.

You can guarantee that I wont bother to mention the poll next year. :) They can kiss my ;)

Yes, the first year we knew about the poll there were sites that took the code for the survey and posted it into their site so that people could only vote for that site. Some sites paste the code onto their page so it did let people select, but to avoid any controversy I just posted a link to his site. He wrote me and said he believed we did something to elevate our votes. He said he didn't understand how a site he never heard of could get so many votes (I also remember telling him I never heard of his site until then). He wanted info about my site traffic that I didn't want to provide, and I think I told him to just forget it, and he wrote back saying that he checked things out and on his site he wrote something saying the numbers were legit and that we hadn't cheated. That was several years ago.

We posted the link last year, won no, controversy. This year Jem told me the poll was going again and since our site was already overloaded and the forums closed to visitors, I didn't post the link because I didn't want to attract any more people to the site. I could say that I relented and posted the link late in the season because I felt all our contributors deserved to see their work awarded with the number one position, but it might have been that my ego wanted it. Either way, I posted the link, we won.

I never did anything other than just post the link and a note asking readers to vote. One year I did post the link in a way that would count how many people clicked on it, and the number of clicks and the number of votes we got were about the same. We didn't get any more votes than we did in the past.

I agree with Jem, we'll just skip the poll next time.

-M

I'm sorry Morty, but I was playing around with my "Ultra-lightning-multi-voter 2008 3.0" to get ready for American Idol and Big Brother...

Does that mean Santa won't visit me this year?

I say take him to cyber court and sue his ass for deflamation of character! :lol: (j/k)

Really isn't it just ridiculous how much this person's ego influenced his own poll? Sad really.

Interesting that in a country where you're supposed to be innocent of accusations until PROVEN guilty, that a meager web site would announce you're lack of integrity without any... and we all know why too!!! Morty's is the best and other web sites are insanely jealous of that fact.

Morty, Jem,

Thanks for the FYI on that...

;)

Was wondering but thought maybe it was just some detective

parked out across from a hotel and thought they spotted you

cheating on us with (gasp) another forum...

:o

yeah.. have been watching too many day time dramas..

:P

Thanks again and enjoy your Holidays

Moosie

B)

• 2 weeks later...

I figured that was what it was a jealousy issue but it pissed me off cuz they said cheating and I know that Morty wouldnt' cheat for votes on a stupid poll I mean it's not a million dollars...lol

I sent them an email with a piece of my mind back when I read that and didnt' recieve a response so I guess they are affraid to defend thereselves since they have no defense....but they surely owe an apology to Morty in my opinion that is.

We dont' need no stinking poll to tell us Mortys is the best for BB coverage....

I come here all the time. Never really post much, but love morty's and am here everyday during Big Brother. I of course vote every year for Morty's because it is the best site for Big Brother gossip and updates. I have live feeds every year and still read the live updates. :animated_scratchchin: Morty, you don't need a site for us to vote, because this site is number 1 for those who truly are Big Brother fans! Thanks for all the hard work you, Jem, and countless others do.

Ok with my "need to know" mind I went looking for BB8 news....as always my first stop is google....this is what came up...

Check the addy of the second listing down....LOL

google

To me that says it all....to heck with a poll!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I just found this and I have to say it surprised me when they said we cheated. I've voted over there and It only allowed me to vote once. So this person must have run to every single neighbour they have and used their computers or taken the time to use a proxy and change their IP address after every vote. Talk about paranoid. They just don't like that we have the best people here and the best boards.

Archived