Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Worst AR yet?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

DeadMidgetWalking

DeadMidgetWalking

• Pip
  • 394 posts
Very disappointed in this last AR. Pathetic cast and challenges.

Blackcat3

Blackcat3

• Pip
  • 1,601 posts
True... But still better than the family edition!!

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
I second that, Blackcat! The family edition was by far the worst.

Cajunboiler

Cajunboiler

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 5,325 posts
I began to start watching the amazing race season 5. The worst one I believe was season 6 when Freddy and Kendra won and you had that nasty ass Adam who had his mom trim his toenails. You also had Jonathan/Victoria *shudders* Hayden's loud mouth, all the ones I disliked ended up being part of the final teams, except Kris/Jon.

rook9566

rook9566

• Pip
  • 599 posts
I have to agree. I am usually really into TAR, but this season dragged. I guess it was the lame cast. The family edition bit too, but at least it kept my interest til the end.

Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts
Nothing could be as bad as the family edition. TAR is my favorite of all the reality shows and I just couldn't bring myself to watch that one.
I don't think this season dragged but I also don't think it had any real stand-out characters. No one to absolutely flip for, no one to really really dislike. To say that the challenges were lame is unfair or maybe we have just come to take things for granted. A decade ago, who would have ever thought we would watch a TV show where Americans would be climbing the Great Wall of China or looking for clues inside the Hanoi Hilton? It's that kind of thing that has been a big part of the appeal of this show for many people. Seeing things we will most likely not get the chance to see or experience ourselves. Who could forget Mary's reaction when they ran into that courtyard full of Chinese dragons! Thats what makes TAR amazing. I remember what hooked me on TAR the very first episode........watching the teams run across the bridge in front of Victoria Falls. That was breath taking. Has it reached a point that we are all now looking at these things that were once unique as something hum drum? I hope not. If controversy and animosity are what people are looking for in a show, maybe this isn't the show for them.

CeCiMom

CeCiMom

Forum Moderator

• 8,579 posts
I'm not sure if this season sucked or not... but, I do know that I didn't watch one minute of it this season. I'm just so tired of them turning out these shows (AR's not the only one doing this) like they're on the conveyor belt and so I skipped this one. Sounds like my instincts were right on.

And, I agree the Jonathan/Victoria season was the worst season as far as a single pair goes but, I'd have to agree that all around the family edition was the hardest to watch, over-all. It was just too difficult to find a team to cheer on... every single family had at least one lameass person it... wink.gif

KingOfRealityTV

KingOfRealityTV

• Pip
  • 7,647 posts
I liked this season....

Francis_3

Francis_3

• Pip
  • 4,399 posts
I was indifferent to this season...I just couldn't get used to the Sunday time slot. I would like to see different characetr couples, though.

Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts
I agree that the Sunday timeslot didn't seem to fit. Rather than looking forward to the show, I would find myself realizing mid day Sunday that TAR was on; it was always an "oh yeah, I almost forgot" kinda thing.

Cajunboiler

Cajunboiler

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 5,325 posts
and football delayed all the episodes for me except 2. The first episode and some random show in the middle of the season.

Move the Amazing Race back to either Tuesdays or Wednesdays!

Ivy

Ivy

• Pip
  • 1,746 posts
I knew the football delay thing would be a problem. But I did manage to watch this season. I had to record some shows on another network, though, because of the delay. I enjoyed the season itself. Certainly not the best, but good enough for me. I will add though, that it was without a doubt the lamest finale. Blaahhh, yawn... BOO!!

rook9566

rook9566

• Pip
  • 599 posts
The finale was lame cause, Bama didn't even get on the plane and they didnt do the puzzle thing they have been doing at the end.

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,504 posts
Wow, I'm really out of touch. I thought it was a great season and I especially liked that it was on Sunday night.

-M

crappysucks

crappysucks

• Pip
  • 2,610 posts
I didn't even watch it.

Cajunboiler

Cajunboiler

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 5,325 posts
ohmy.gif

Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts
i have to agree with morty.....i kinda liked this season

fizzle

fizzle

• Pip
  • 13,548 posts
i liked it too. the fact that there were a few dislikable teams this year was great. laugh.gif

Scuba

Scuba

• Pip
  • 9,136 posts
yes, the more i despise people, the more i like watching!

Talker

Talker

• Pip
  • 800 posts
I liked it okay. the Finale on the other hand sucked mad.gif and not because of who won

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users