Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

General 24 Talk

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
Welcome to the 24 Discussion Forum for Day 6. Jack is back and is having another bad day. After being tortured for 18 months, a new day dawns. After trying to do something good with his life in Africa, Jack has been subpoenaed and forced to return to Washington to testify before Congress. But I have a feeling that Jack may have other plans.

My name is Fuskie, and I am your 24 Discussion Board moderator. Please do not hesitate to let me know what you are thinking.

The way this board works is each hour episode has it's own individual thread. Previews, recaps and your comments will be posted in the appropriate hour's thread. If you want to talk about past seasons, the DVDs, or the upcoming 24 movie, feel free to post in the appropriate forum.

24 deals with adult themes with plenty of action and just a touch of "good-natured" violence. Please remember that this is a family board. That means mind your language and respect your fellow 24 viewers who may have opposing opinions from yours.

So strap yourselves in and enjoy the ride.

Fuskie
Who welcomes you to Morty's and hopes you enjoy the 24 Discussion Board...

dumblonde

dumblonde

Rover Bee

• Pip
  • 2,875 posts
Does anybody know how many years (in 24 time) have actually passed between day 1 to now? I know Jack spent 20 months in the Chinese prison between Day 5 & Day 6 but I am trying to figure out how many down years there were between each day animated_scratchchin.gif

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
Does anybody know how many years (in 24 time) have actually passed between day 1 to now?

Turning to Wikipedia, I found the following:

Day One
Starts and ends at 12:00 AM. In Day 1, Jack Bauer's wife and daughter are kidnapped by a terrorist group plotting to kill presidential candidate David Palmer. A mole inside L.A. Counter Terrorist Unit (CTU), Jamey Farrell, is exposed, but does not provide any information that could help the investigation. When it is revealed that the man behind his family's kidnapping is someone from his past, Jack eventually realizes everything that has happened has been to do with both him and Senator David Palmer personally, while information is uncovered that there may be another mole inside CTU. Jack ultimately has to balance his professional agency role with his family life.

Day Two
Starts and ends at 8:00 AM. In Day 2, approximately eighteen months after Season 1, Jack is dealing with the death of his wife, Teri Bauer, and the estrangement of his daughter. Jack is no longer working for CTU, but when the White House receives intelligence that a nuclear bomb will be detonated in Los Angeles over the course of the day, Jack is forced into action. President David Palmer counts on Jack as the only man he can trust to find the terrorist cell in possession of the bomb and to stop its detonation. Featuring political and social turmoil, more lives will be at stake as another conspiracy arises regarding a taped conversation about an attack on America, which was uncovered after the bomb crisis.

Day Three
Starts and ends at 1:00 PM. In Day 3, three years after narrowly averting a war with three middle eastern countries, Jack returns from a one-year deep undercover operation, infiltrating the Salazar drug family. At the same time, a van drops off a dead body infected with a bio-weapon at the National Health Services. CTU then receives a phone call threatening to release the virus if Ramon Salazar is not released from prison in 6 hours. Jack has a new partner, Chase Edmunds, who is also romantically involved with Kim, who has now become an employee at CTU. Jack is also fighting a heroin addiction he picked up in his undercover assignment which close family and friends are unaware of.

Day Four
Starts and ends at 7:00 AM. It's been 18 months since Jack Bauer averted a deadly crisis in Los Angeles. Subsequently, he was fired from CTU, and has a new lease on life, as a senior advisor to Secretary of Defense James Heller. He has also found a new love in his life in the form of his boss's daughter, Audrey Raines. But an impending hostage crisis, concerning his new boss, leaves Jack's new life in shambles. Jack finds he must go back to his old calling as a CTU agent, to save the life he has made for himself. As the day unfolds several contingency plans are revealed, all devised by Turkish terrorist Habib Marwan. Each of Marwan's attacks proves even more devastating than its predecessor and CTU races to find him before he can unleash unprecedented terror upon America. To complicate matters, a secret Chinese Consulate mission goes wrong, setting up serious consequences Jack will face in future seasons. Jack seems to realize that no life of his own is possible while working for CTU.

Day Five
Starts and ends at 7:00 AM. Eighteen months after Day 4, Jack is living under a new alias, as Frank Flynn. He is currently living with Diane and Derek Huxley, a family near the Mojave Desert, in California. Meanwhile, an unknown figure orders the assassination of the four people who know Jack is alive — Tony Almeida, Michelle Dessler, Chloe O'Brian and President David Palmer — and attempt to frame him. He returns to LA to clear his name when a hostage situation erupts. But it is only a diversion by a collaboration of conspirators and Russian separatists to obtain 20 canisters of Sentox VX nerve gas. The gas was originally to be used to attack Moscow, but the separatists begin to release it in LA in retaliation after they discover that a US agent has infiltrated their organization. Jack attempts to search for the remaining canisters and expose treachery that goes deep within the White House.

Day Six
Starts and ends at 6:00 AM. 20 months after Day 5, Jack is being released by the Chinese under the new President Wayne Palmer's orders. Jack is shortly then sent to Abu Fayed, to be sacrificed in exchange to help stop the recent terrorist attacks. However, Jack discovers that CTU has bargained with Fayed to hand over the wrong man, leaving the real terrorist free to continue his reign of terror upon various US locations. Because of all the attacks, America in chaos and now Jack with the help of Bill Buchanan, Chloe O'Brian and others at CTU as well as Karen Hayes, Thomas Lennox and President Wayne Palmer in the White House, must stop these terrorists in an unthinkable, nail-biting day.

Fuskie
Who by his math calculates it has taken Jack 9 years and 2 months and 2 hours to get from his first bad day to his latest...

uvp

uvp

• Pip
  • 20,023 posts
http://bauercount.com/report/season/6

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
How about we update this to Day 7: http://bauercount.com/report/season/7

And for historical purposes:

Day 1: http://bauercount.com/report/season/1
Day 2: http://bauercount.com/report/season/2
Day 3: http://bauercount.com/report/season/3
Day 4: http://bauercount.com/report/season/4
Day 5: http://bauercount.com/report/season/5
Day 6: http://bauercount.com/report/season/6

Fuskie
Who can't believe there has been only one death in 4 hours and it wasn't until hour two...

uvp

uvp

• Pip
  • 20,023 posts
yeah someone else had that same comment about the low kill count this season

i guess jack is using restraint

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Day 8 starts on January 17, 2010 with hours 1 & 2 from 9-11pm eastern.

The day will start at 4pm.

**Right before dinner time, once again Jack doesn't get to eat.**

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: MSNBC, ENTERTAINMENT/TELEVISION

Plausibility? Huh? 7 wacky moments from ‘24’

Kim and the cougar was just the beginning of this show's crazy times
By Susan C. Young
msnbc.com contributor
updated 1:37 p.m. ET, Thurs., Jan. 14, 2010

Grandpa Bauer just wants to take his granddaughter, Teri, to the zoo. But once again, as season eight of “24” arrives, he’s pulled into saving the country and the world from terrorists.

In the opening hours, Jack juggles cuddling his granddaughter with saving agents from an exploding helicopter, and even gathers up weaponry from the Counter Terrorist Unit arsenal as if they were produce from the local grocery into his leather man bag. And it isn’t even time for dinner yet.

If you think that’s wacky, you haven’t been watching this pulsating show, which can rock a couch parrot right off its perch. In this world of questionable plots and nonstop action, “24” has captivated the audience’s attention for the past seven seasons. This show has never let a little thing like plausibility get in the way of runaway action.

With viewers digging in for the newest installment, it’s time to reflect on seven favorite moments of inspired lunacy that make fans love this show.

No. 7

Day 7: Hidden sewer, swimming terrorists
There’s something about terrorists in scuba gear under the White House that can give someone the giggles. The plot to take over the White House simply by swimming through a hidden sewer duct by way of the Potomac seemed utterly absurd. How could security in our nation’s capitol be breached so easily? But that was before viewers heard about the Obama White House party crashers. This season, all they need to do is show up for dinner in some fancy togs.

No. 6
Day 6: Jack’s 24-hour snap back
For almost two years, Chinese capturers have pounded Jack mentally and physically until he surfaces as a broken man — just in time for his government to sacrifice him for another cause. Jack’s retrieved just so they can turn him over to be tortured by yet another terrorist he has ticked off. Yet that’s not the implausible part. That comes the moment he rips out the jugular vein of his enemy with his bare teeth.

No. 5
Day 7: Deadly virus is no match for Jack
If there’s anything “24” writers love more than a deadly gas, it’s a deadly virus attack. Last season, Jack was exposed to the ultimate virus and he was sure to be a goner. But whatever time these characters live in, it’s beyond our contemporary medical advances. Give the doc a couple of hours, and a dying man can be saved with just a quick stem cell cocktail — from his daughter Kim, the mainspring of most “24” craziness. She almost passes on the chance to save Dad, but she opts to do the right thing.

No. 4
Day 3: Jack goes from hero to heroin
Jack often blurs the moral boundaries, but when he goes cold turkey to kick a heroin addiction he acquired while undercover, he does some very wicked things. Like killing his boss. Ryan Chappelle was a much-disliked bureaucrat, but audiences were shocked when President Palmer ordered Jack to murder him to appease a terrorist.

Right up to the point where Jack put the gun to the back of Ryan’s head, viewers couldn’t believe he would actually pull the trigger on an innocent colleague whose only crime was being a bad boss. It did set a precedent in the show that Jack could cross any moral boundaries.

No. 3
Day 7: Resurrection of Tony A.
Dead is never really dead in “24.” Jack was declared clinically dead on Day 1, but survived. So why not dispatched character from the dead in a deliciously surprising moment. But in his second life, Tony was very, very bad. Sure, he’d already gone to prison for treason after Day 3 and screwed up his relationship with Michelle with his drinking on Day 4, but by Day 5 he’d gotten it together. And before the day was done, so was his happy life.

But that didn’t stop the writers from resurrecting him on Day 7. Hard to say the most implausible part: Was it when he sprung to life again? Or when bad Tony told his vile pals that his dying former buddy Jack was still valuable because they could harvest the deadly virus from his body to continue their dastardly plan?

No. 2
Day 6: Daddy dearest
Want to know where Jack gets his crazy? It all starts with your family, my friends. Jack’s all about dedication to his country, and even when he slips into those awful gray areas of torturing others, it’s all for the greater good of all citizens.

But on this day, viewers learn that Jack sprung from Satan’s loins. In a particularly intense scene that took sibling rivalry beyond all boundaries, Jack tortured his brother Graem into admitting his involvement in the deaths of CTU’s Michelle Dressler, Tony Almeida and President Palmer. Dad intervened, made Jack leave the room — and then killed his son Graem and put the blame on Jack. Papa Phillip later tried to kill his own grandson as a means to his naughty ends. Hey, family dynamics can be complicated.

No. 1
Day 2: Kim as cougar bait
Really, can anyone dispute that the top slot must go to Kim and her cougar encounter? Jack’s daughter has come to symbolize absurd plot lines in the series from Day 1, when she was kidnapped three times through her own stupidity — and even survived a cartoon fall in a teetering car that slipped off a cliff.

But Day 2 romp with the big cat trying to track her down has become legend. The snarling animal almost gets Kim when she’s caught in a snare before the kitty moves on. Faster than you can say kibbles and bits, a creepy kook wanders along to free Kim. Of course, she slips away from this predator too. Kim always gets away to pop up in another whacked story line. We can't wait to see what Kim brings on this season.

Susan C. Young is a writer in Northern California.

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Here's a link to an article by Variety online magazine stating that this may be the final season of 24:
Is this 24's Last Season?

I, for one, had high hopes for this season at the beginning but have become really disappointed. The storyline is becoming very tiring. Is any else besides me totally sick of the side story about Dana's creepy boyfriend problems- which now have become her fiance's as well? And who really wants Renee to end up with Jack? There is absolutely no chemistry between those two, imo. The only thing still going for 24 is Kiefer Sutherland, and he alone is why I still watch it-but I do admit I'm becoming a bit bored by the predictablility of the show.

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TODAYS NEWS: OUR TAKE

Report: NBC Eyes 24 Pick-Up

Mar 15, 2010 11:32 AM ET by Gina DiNunno

24's days may not be numbered.

NBC is considering picking up the real-time drama should Fox cancel it, reports Entertainment Weekly.

Last week, it was reported that 20th Century Fox, the studio behind 24, and Fox network were close to ending the series after eight seasons because of an increase in production costs and decrease in ratings.

Production for Season 8 is scheduled to wrap March 24.

Reps for both the network and studio declined to comment.

Do you think NBC should restart 24's ticking clock?

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Do you think NBC should restart 24's ticking clock?

No, but I do think it could be successfully made into a full-length movie...as long as they get the right director (Christopher Nolan would be an awesome choice, imo) and writing staff.

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
I would be interested in seeing what a little rejuvenation could do to the series.

Fuskie
Who thinks the real question is whether NBC would infuse energy into series development or try to make it conform to network standards...

TML

TML

• Pip
  • 1,330 posts
What more does this show have left?

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
You mean this season or in general?

Fuskie
Who notes it is a new CTU but a same ol' storyline...

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Who notes it is a new CTU but a same ol' storyline...

A new CTU that has pretty much bit the dust yet again...tonight's episode was a bit better though, I have to admit. I actually enjoyed it and I can't believe I was actually surprised by the boyfriend not really being shot but using it as a ruse to get the girlfriend into CTU with a bomb. Talk about cold! brrr.

Won't someone on the show PLEASE just pull out a gun and shoot Dana so we can get rid of her ANNOYING side plot??

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
And yet, how much luck was it that CTU allowed the love struck kimwit to just drive her car into CTU? Even Kevin had to park up top.

Fuskie
Who misses Chloe...

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,423 posts
http://hollywoodinsi...e-works/?hpt=T2

Fox confirmed today that after eight seasons, 24 will air its series finale on May 24. Star Kiefer Sutherland told EW.com that producing a ninth season for another network like NBC was not an option because he and executive producer Howard Gordon were ready to call it quits.

“The writers are producing the equivalent of 12 films a year, which is unheard of, and Howard felt to do a ninth would be potentially damaging,” said Sutherland. “We both felt strongly that there has been a demand and an interest in a 24 film, which would be a two-hour representation of a 24-hour day, so we felt it was time to move in that direction.”

Sutherland promised the series finale would tee up the 24 movie that’s in the works at 20th Century Fox. Billy Ray (State of Play) is writing the screenplay. “We wanted to create a definitive end for Jack Bauer,” explains Sutherland. “Since we do have the intention to make the feature film, it would lead into that and certainly set that up.

“Something we’ve dealt with in the series is how the crisis always has to come to us because we don’t have time to move anywhere in a real time world,” he continued. “In a two-hour (movie) representation of the 24 world, planes, trains, and automobiles all of a sudden become a factor because you are not required to go scene by scene in real time. That’s something I can say I am very excited about.”

As for the actual series finale, Gordon told EW.com that he and Sutherland considered everything from a happy to a tragic ending for Jack Bauer and ended up with episodes that take some risks: “We go to a very definitive, very complex place.”

Fuskie
Who could tell ratings were down given how many come into chat on Monday nights and the lack of activity in this 24 forum...

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• LFU
  • 12,888 posts
24 April 5 at 8/7c on FOX

Day 8: 6:00am - 8:00am--Two hour show.

Slimcruz

Slimcruz

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 8,263 posts
I gave up on 24 a long time ago. It became the Fugitive and honestly, even though I like Kiefer Sutherland okay, I always thought he wasn't tough enough for the role or handsome enough or believable enough and the same old cliffhanger endings grew tiring. I know people will disagree but IMO, he just wasn't. I'm with kayo that it might do well as a movie but they better move quickly. Dunno. My favorite person on the show was the husky-voiced, dark-haired foreign beauty who had the terrorist son.

TwinCity

TwinCity

Live Feed Updater

• LFU
  • 1,688 posts
sad it is going off .. I grew up with Cherry Jones... she is and always has been an awesome actress

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users