Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Day 8: The Following Takes Place Between 12:00PM and 1:00PM

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,407 posts
Welcome to the 24 thread for Day 8: 12:00PM to 1:00PM. This is the place for episode previews and reviews of the whole hour.

Fuskie
Who hopes you'll settle into Morty's 24 Forum because Jack is in NYC and this could be his worst day of all...

Fuskie

Fuskie

Director of Social Media

• 2,407 posts
Jack really did it this time, gutted the Russian like slimy, scaly fish. Sometimes there isn't time for things to pass. For all who said Jack was over the edge last week with Dana Walsh, my apologies - this week he is clearly turned the corner. He has always been ruthless at getting what he needs to know - killing Curtis, shooting that traitor's wife in the leg to get him to talk, cutting off Kim's BF's hand. And even now, I could ask, what else could Jack do. But really, what he did, after all he's been through, that was over the top.

And I loved it.

Yes, I am not a violent guy. I don't even play violent video games. But dang, I loved watching Jack trace the outline of the Kremlin tattoo on that smug red menace's chest. Jack has been to hell and returned, and if you get in his way, he'll show you what it's like.

And yet, there is a perverse logic to it. Jack couldn't take Dana with him so he had to kill her; letting her go free wasn't an option. Similarly, getting answers out of Pavel was the only way Jack could get to the bottom of the conspiracy by finding out who was at the top. With time against you and a professional hit man like that, mere physical or mental torture wasn't going to work.

And when he discovered the SIM card was being slowly digested, he had no choice but to act. Jack was outraged and out for revenge, but his ultimate goal is still what he said it was, to expose the conspiracy. He just doesn't care about the trail of bad guys he leaves as he follows the trail.

Fuskie
Who thinks anyone who loves it when Jack is flying out of control (and he thinks that is when Jack is at his horrific best) has to be enjoying the way this series is winding up...

kayo

kayo

Heroes/LOST Forum Host

• Pip
  • 4,326 posts
Who thinks anyone who loves it when Jack is flying out of control (and he thinks that is when Jack is at his horrific best) has to be enjoying the way this series is winding up...

I guess that would not be me then. Last night's episode was too over the top for me and beyond where I thought the writers would take the show. Yes, Jack has had to torture people before. Yes, he killed the evil Dana in cold blood. Yes, he was forced to shoot "good" guys/fellow CTUrs in previous seasons and hack off arms but THIS...whoa. Jack always did what had to be done but he still had some humanity in him. But seeing Jack almost get enjoyment out of cutting up a bad guy, throw turpentine (or something similar) on his wounds, blowtorch him and then finally gut him alive to get the sim card- nope. This show has passed the realm of what I can stomach. I just hope parents didn't have there little ones watching with them (I realize they shouldn't have little kids watching 24 at all, but I'm sure there are some that do, unfortunately.) I guess the saddest part for me is that I don't know where they can go with Jack's character after that. This is the final season and are they going to end it with Jack arrested, dead, or being put in a psych ward? At this point, those are the only three things I can see happening, realistically. I guess if he guts President Logan, it'll all be worth it though, eh? sadwalk.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users