Looking for a movie I can't remember the name of

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Catwishes

Catwishes

• Pip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 03 December 2006 - 07:57 PM

I have been racking my brain for about a week now trying to remember the name of a movie I saw on TV a few years ago. I was hoping if I gave the storyline someone would recognize it and ease the pain in my brain.

This story is probably set in the 1800's (only guessing). It revolves around a religious leaderteacher who becomes involved with a woman. Due to his religious convictions, he is supposed to be celibate but falls madly in love with this woman and breaks his vows of celibacy. The church finds out and punishes him by having him castrated. It is a very sensual and moving story. However, I can't for the life of me remember the name nor any of the actors in it.

Did anyone else see this movie besides me and can you remember the name?

#2 Francis_3

Francis_3

• Pip
  • 4,399 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:06 AM

I was thinking Thornbirds...but that's the only simi-religious movie from the 80's that comes to mind.

#3 Catwishes

Catwishes

• Pip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 04 December 2006 - 09:24 AM

No I remember The Thornbirds.

Thank you though for offering the suggestion.

This movie is took place in England. Maybe it was set much earlier than the 1800's, possibly 1700's or even 1600's, now that I think about it.

Just thought I'd throw my thoughts out there and see if anyone identified with what I was describing.

Don't you just hate when you can't remember what the name of a movie is?

#4 Ragozy

Ragozy

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 09:29 AM

How about "Stealing Heaven."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0096170/

#5 lorijo

lorijo

• Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:02 AM

LOL........the Thornbirds was the first thing I thought of too.

#6 Catwishes

Catwishes

• Pip
  • 1,628 posts

Posted 06 December 2006 - 08:12 PM

How about "Stealing Heaven."

That was it. Thank you Ragozy! smile.gif

How did you find it? Or had you seen it before? I couldn't remember the name for the life of me.

#7 Ragozy

Ragozy

• Pip
  • 129 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:39 AM

It's an old love story from history, when I saw the write upon it decided to watch. Wasn't crazy about the cast, but it gave you a good idea of how powerful monied people were. He was a renowned teacher and lecturer... You can see their grave (they are burried together) if you ever visit.

#8 Rejuvenated

Rejuvenated

• Pip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 08:00 AM

Wow, I just read the history of these two! If anyone ever seens the movie listed to be shown on TV again, I'd appreciate a heads up! Thanks.

#9 DesperadoDave

DesperadoDave

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 04:14 AM

Hey Ragozy,

what do you mean "it gave you a good idea of how powerful monied people were." Shouldn't that past tense verb be present tense, nothing has changed!!

"it gave you a good idea of how powerful monied people are." would be more accurate!! And who is more monied than anybody today? Can you say the Vatican!!

Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users