Any news on BB8?

Brekkie Boy

Have we had any word yet on whether Big Brother 8 will go ahead. I know last year they confirmed it soon after the series finished, though I believe in previous years the announcement wasn't until the New Year.

Hopefully no news is good news, but I've also read CBS are to commission a new show from Survivor creator Mark Burnett, based around pirates I believe!

Mark Burnett New Show

CBS and Mark Burnett are hitting the high seas, teaming up for a pirate-themed reality adventure skein as the studio has greenlit production on approximately 13 episodes of the untitled project, which begins casting shortly with an eye on a summer 2007 premiere. Details of the project are being kept under wraps.

What is known is that the action in the skein will take place on both land and at sea, suggesting the presence of ships and islands as central characters in the unscripted drama.

It's also expected the skein will incorporate traditional reality elements such as competitions and elimination ceremonies. (Perhaps losers will have to walk the plank?)

However, one person familiar with the details of the skein cautions the show will not simply be Survivor at sea, and will vary from Burnett's original Eye skein in many ways.

• 1 month later...

So is there any news on BB8? Didn't they show a clip asking for future contestents when BB7 ended?

Also, off topic, but I thought Jeff Probst's last season of Survivor was this past one, but did he renew for more, since he didn't say anything about it at the finale?

Happy New Years all!!!! :animated_wave::animated_bouncy:

I think we'd be hearing rumors of its not returning if CBS was considing cancelling the show, so no news is OK news I think. With that stated, I wouldn't trust CBS website, they still have shows listed that have been unofficially cancelled (ie 3lbs).

in the past they have taken the BB application off the website when the show was in question. like for BB6... right after BB5 ended, they had the application up for BB6.. but then i think in December it was taken off.. (they were trying to do an allstars for BB6 but it didnt pan out) so then in March they put it back on the website cause they knew for sure they werent having the allstars that season and they needed people.

last year they took it off the website after they had allstars pinned.

Anyone know how the rating were for the last season of All-Stars? Or most importantly, CBS perception of those ratings?

CBS may feel All-Stars is a good exit point if the show is peceived as having jumped the shark.

Personally I loved the Dr. Will and Janelle show from start to finish. They will be forever in my mind as the best of the best in all of BB.

• 2 weeks later...

Fizzle's post

"as far as my post goes... it all means... that BB will be here again! i promise!"

means....

As far as her post goes... she means... that BB will be here again.. she promises :frusty:

and I'm holding her to it :excl:^_^

Okay, executive time. Right now, CBS president Nina Tassler is boasting about how CBS is the most watched network, blah, blah, blah (yeah, CBS, we know you're solid!) and saying they're still deciding on the summer schedule. Big Brother is the only sure pickup, and she doesn't yet know if Rock Star will be back. Boooo...

http://www.eonline.com/gossip/kristin/blog...d5-44f29a79a53d

Good news.

We've gone over this several times before, but this year they need to go back to complete strangers and forget about the cast twists, instead solely concentrating on the actual format itself.

After a couple of years of not really developing last year there were signs they were trying to mix things up a bit with things like the double HoH and the Coup d'Etat, regardless of how successful they were - so I'm a bit more hopeful for this year.

Archived