Out of the Closet

Cajunboiler

That's so true! Most athletes "come out" after retirement from their sport with a few exceptions (i.e. Tennis Great Martina Navratilova and Olympic Gold Medalist Men's Figure Skater Rudy Galindo, for example). I can't say I know of any active NBA, NHL, etc. players waving the rainbow flag. Then again, I can't name many straight players either so my scope may be limited.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still wondering why anyone cares about someone elses sexual preferences unless it includes torturing animals or another violent crime. Not one person's EVER been able to validate their excuse as to why they're anti-gay. The reasonings are shallow or sheep mentality guided. Whatever. I also find it knee slapping hilarious when it's obvious someone's gay and is accepted UNTIL they come out. Suddenly they are bad people. Did I mention shallow and sheep? baaaaaaaaaa

I also find it knee slapping hilarious when it's obvious someone's gay and is accepted UNTIL they come out. Suddenly they are bad people. Did I mention shallow and sheep? baaaaaaaaaa

I find it funnier, when it's blatant that they are gay and yet they try to hide it. Evidently, they worry more about their careers then being true to themselves. Then again, we can say that it's nobody's business, but once your in the public's eye, your everybody's business.

I can't understand why this is ever newsworthy. I mean, it's not supposed to matter anyway, so why make a big-assed deal when someone announces they are gay? No one announces they are straight. The only people who should actually care are any boyfriends/girlfriends.

And yes, the ones who deny and deny, and then 'come out', and act like we should all be shocked. And most people just like, no kidding -- whatever...

I don't know who automatically becomes a bad person. I can't stand Rosie, but it has nothing at all to do with her sexuality.

Whatever -- maybe the day will come when no one will really care.

• 4 months later...
God, I HATE being right and so soon after finishing the previous post. Today, Lance's boyfriend, Reichen Lehmkuhl, was ALL over the air waves talking about the bravery of his partner coming out . . . AND . . . promoting his new book, "Here's What We'll Say," which also 'comes out' this fall and talking about his newest modeling campaign. Just once I wish someone would appear on a talk show or an entertainment program because they enjoy it or want to promote a charity or something else equally altruistic. Everyone has to have a dream! LOL!

That is quite a quality.. I dont understand what is special in him coming out promote Lance's book.. I think Here's what we'll Say is a good book..

• 4 weeks later...

popeater_logo_small.jpg

Kelly McGillis Confirms Gay Rumors

McGillis.jpg

'Top Gun' Actress Kelly McGillis

Hear that? It's the sound of a million middle-aged hearts breaking. "Top Gun" star Kelly McGillis -- otherwise known as the boyhood crush of anyone with a beating heart in 1986 -- has confirmed longstanding rumors that she is a lesbian.

RadarOnline reports that McGillis, on-screen Amish romantic interest of actor Harrison Ford in the 1985 hit movie, "Witness," said, "I'm done with the man thing. I did that, I need to move on in life. That's another part of being true to yourself . . . that's been a challenge for me personally."

"I think [accepting being homosexual] that was an ongoing process from the time I was about 12," she added. "I had a lot of things happened that convinced me that God was punishing me for being gay. That was a hard process."

McGillis has has two daughters from a marriage to Fred Tillman. The couple divorced in 2002. The actress has repeatedly denied speculation about her sexuality in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
Wasn't it Kelly McGillis who was raped? I can't remember the whole story and I'm not sure if it happened before her acting career or during. I may be thinking about the wrong actress.

Yep! By two men in 1982.

Archived