Canada's BB? The Lofters!

Guest Shockalot
hahaha

I thought someone from canada said that they had a show like BB  called 'Lofters' but it got canceled?

LOL.. thats too funny... I was actually going to mention "Please dont say Lofters" lol!

Ya... it was pretty popular ratings-wise but I couldnt stand it because it only featured spoiled trendy young Torontonians.

But yes.. it was a Canadian version of 'Big Brother' in a way.

Ive said too much .. must .. block.. Lofters.. from .. memory.... ;)

I only know cause Ranster told me about it ..

I live in Wisconsin .. which is a 'northern' state but I don't get canada tv .. :(

Which is horrible..

I just want to see a tragically hip music video on MTV .. just once ..

LOL..  thats too funny...  I was actually going to mention "Please dont say Lofters" lol!

Ya... it was pretty popular ratings-wise but I couldnt stand it because it only featured spoiled trendy young Torontonians.

Are there any other kind of Torontonians? :lol:

Guest ranster627
hahaha

I thought someone from canada said that they had a show like BB  called 'Lofters' but it got canceled?

LOL.. thats too funny... I was actually going to mention "Please dont say Lofters" lol!

But yes.. it was a Canadian version of 'Big Brother' in a way.

Ive said too much .. must .. block.. Lofters.. from .. memory.... ;)

LOFTERS LOFTERS LOFTERS!!!! lol

Actually they were from all over the country gathered together in a loft to work on TV programs (kind of like apprenticing) and one was eliminated every so often ... needing a BB fix and having had some friends who had friends in the last loft (I wonder if they are still there, the show was cancelled halfway through the last season) ... I found this little gem.

Yes, every one ended up being "citified" but I really liked the show. I won't go down defending it to the end, but I guess this is just a case of different tastes.

I liked some of the people from there who ran "So Gay TV" and one even has a show (Matthieux) on OutTV called Coverboy.

I honestly think we do not have the population base to support a BB ... the difference between us and Australia seems the concentration of population ... then again, there is a show, which I readily admit that I do not watch that is a huge phenomenon here "Canadian Idol" ... so maybe done right, with a distinct "Canadian feel", we could have a hit with Canadian BB.

One thing I can tell you for sure is that a Canadian BB would have more diversity. But I can't disagree that it would also be more folksy! :wink:

I have noticed that Canada does tend to reap the best of all worlds, peeping in on American reality TV and then enjoying a broad spectrum of other choices ...

Gee, now I miss the lofters again! :wink:

Guest Shockalot
Yes, every one ended up being "citified"

Yes! hehe.. that is exactly right on! It seemed like no matter where they were from they quickly became 'A CITY TV/MUCH' type of young person.

Now, we cant complain because its been pointed out how no matter where in the USA BB guests are from - its seems like they were all raised in the same shopping mall hehe.

Even the 'Middle Class' Farmer Dad will end up shaving his chest and wearing wrap-around shades lol!

I do have an idea that would definately make for an exciting BBCanada this summer.... Put NHLPA and Owners in a house for 13 weeks. Winner gets all. an outdoor skating rink in the back.

#1 show in Canadian history!

[oh boy.. Canadian Idol... the winner being from my city = oversaturation to the point of insanity to this very day lol]

speaking of canadian idol anyone else who watches it agree when I say its boring so far this yr?Maybe it is boring every yr.This is my first yr watching it.I enjoy American idol thought I would enjoy Canadian idol too...I think I guessed worng..lol

Guest ranster627

sorry as I confessed I am not a Canadian Idol fan because I can't stomach the host ... but I do miss my lofters, they were cute and racy! :wink:

Guest Shockalot

I can't stand to watch the Host either. Last year he just about started crying and slobbering over one of the finalists when he was eliminated (Jacob?) but the whole thing was so smarmy and .. almost creepy.

Ok I still have a crush on Sass Jordan but not enough for me to watch CI.

Thats interesting about The L****rs being cancelled half-way thru the season :o

I heard it did pretty well in the ratings but maybe a lot more people besides me just couldnt stand to see that spoiled assclown kid that threw water in peoples faces?

I never even got the whole rules on The L*****'s, they didnt get evicted but did 30 days each with alternating people or something?

The 'Poll' here doesnt really mean anything percentage-wise but so far there is 8 Canadian here already.

Its awesome .. Its like a Virtual Vacation to the USA every summer :D

Well I have to say that I find Canadian Idol is that they are trying to hard to make it look like American Idol.Ben the cry baby tries to act like Ryan the host from AI.And I find that even the judges are trying to act like Paula RAndy and Simone.Why anyone would want to act like Simone is beyond my mind...lol.Anyways I still dont think Canadians are boring or anything but if they are going to make a show like the Americans they don't have to have the host try and be exactly like the Host from the American versions..Sorry to go on and on but CI has been bugin me..lol

Hope you are all able to enjoy this nice sunny day that I will be enjoying finally from after having a weeks worth of rain.

Guest ranster627
I never even got the whole rules on The L*****'s, they didnt get evicted but did 30 days each with alternating people or something?

They did get evicted to get down to one who got the "production job" ... the ratings were respectable for such a limited market but the Canadian government slowed funding to the company putting on the show and the lofters became a "cut" ...