Jem

What about Commercials?

Here are the commercials nominated for an Emmy Award this year. The 57th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards will be announced on Sunday, September 18 on CBS. For the rest of the nominations, click on Emmy Noms.

Outstanding Commercial

I like the Diet Pepsi one with the cans dancing and the Diet Cherry Vanilla DR Pepper commercials :D:D:D

Art, I like those two commercials also and I just fell in love with another one moments ago. It's a total tongue-in-cheek commercial shot in a musical video format featuring 'The Fruit Guys' of Fruit of the Loom underwear fame. It totally has the look and feel of a country or pop music video complete with the graphic in the bottom left hand corner. It's hilarious!

Two commercials that really makes me sick is the Foot fungus commercial with the green monster type thing and the Quiznos rat, cat, duck, chicken thingy singing the quiznos song. Those really creeped me out.

we have a MADD (Mothers Against Drunk Driving) commercial up here where a baby is screaming and screaming and screaming in her crib, and it says "Emily's mother was killed by a drunk driver" or something like that, and the sound fades as the baby is wailing. I CAN"T take that...makes me want to pick up the lil baby and hold her and make her stop crying.

Two commercials that really makes me sick is the Foot fungus commercial with the green monster type thing and the Quiznos rat' date=' cat, duck, chicken thingy singing the quiznos song. Those really creeped me out.

[b']Amen! You named two of my least favorite commercials! I thought I was the only one creeped out by those ads. I always turn them off when I see them begin. I can almost understand the creep factor for a foot fungus commercial but Quiznos . . . why!?!

For some reason, I hate the commercials that feature people who whisper, I'm not sure why. There is one for a toilet paper where everyone working for the company goes around whispering. It's like nails on a chalkboard to me. I do them one better and mute the entire commercial.

Two commercials that really makes me sick is the Foot fungus commercial with the green monster type thing and the Quiznos rat, cat, duck, chicken thingy singing the quiznos song.  Those really creeped me out.

Have to agree that foot commercial creeps me out too

I love all the AFLAC spots "AFLAC" lol lol lol, that duck is funny lol lol

I love the cereal commerical where the guy is at work at he keeps eating the cereal and he can't hear the guy firing him. ROFL ROFL ROFL. there are like 3 commericals like that of him.. :) the last one is he has an assistant and they both can't hear the guy talking. ROFL ROFL. :lol::lol::lol:

I love the cereal commerical where the guy is at work at he keeps eating the cereal and he can't hear the guy firing him. ROFL ROFL ROFL.  there are like 3 commericals like that of him.. :) the last one is he has an assistant and they both can't hear the guy talking. ROFL ROFL.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

:D That is a good one, too

Oh I have a commerical that I hate! The healthy choice commerical where the father is cleaning and doing things and his daughter keeps saying that's not how mom does it that's not how mom does it! ARGH!!!! I just want to tell her to shut up!!! :) She is so annoying. :)

Well it looks like now that NEXTEL and SPRINT have merged we won't be seeing the "SPRINT guy in the black coat" any more :(:(:(:(:(

My favorite commerical is one of the jewekry commerical, where the married couple is at the steps of a museum(?) maybe and he ask her to marry him again. Then my other favrite one is the car/suv/truck commerical (not sure what company), where all the vechicles start coming around this circle and they keep circling and more vechiles come in and in and they start zooming out and you see a record player with the record, the middle(the circle landscape) and the thing that make the record play (the arm? which is the redlight). I love that one. I also like the superbowl commericals.

This may be a regional thing......but the Sonic commercials with the 2 guys always in the car......arguing, contemplating, just talking.....lol......they are TOO funny.........I love those! They change them up frequently too....sometimes they even tell a story with them. The ones where he was arguing about the size of the Philly Cheesesteak or the heat index of the Island Fire Burger was hilarious!!

I've always enjoyed the Geico commercials and their trademark gecko, but right now I am SO into the cavemen. Love them for their facial and body gestures more than anything. That airport fast-walk double-take look at the billboard makes me laugh every time.

And the new one --

"... preparing the way for all mankind. Oh yeah, wish we could have brought that to you sooner."

Love it.

What commercial grabs you? (Product doesn't really matter.)

budweiser commmercials during superbowl week are hilarious.

I love this Petsmart commercial

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the Sprint commercial

Okay, Marty -- you're very partial. But I agree -- both of those made me smile. A very smart breed.

UPV -- I also agree that all Bud commercials can be excellent - especially during the superbowl. Have you seen the one in which they pay homage to NYC's 'sore spot'? Not a funny one -- more like noble. And I love it for that.

(Should we all go looking for links?)