Sign in to follow this  
morty

'Amazing Race' Winner Says He Was Assaulted At Academy

0786717823.01.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

More About the Book Here

A former winner of the prime-time reality series "The Amazing Race" alleged he was sexually assaulted while he was a cadet at the US Air Force Academy near Colorado Springs.

Reichen Lehmkuhl, 32, told ABC's "Good Morning America" he never reported the incident to his superiors because he was afraid of repercussions.

But he said he was stripped of his clothes, had a bag put over his head, and was forced to perform sexual acts with two male cadets in the early 1990s.

Click here to find out more!

Lehmkuhl remained silent and served out his commitment as a captain in the Air Force.

Pentagon officials said there's little they can do now unless he asks for an investigation -- and identifies his attackers.

The openly gay Lehmkuhl details his experiences in a new book entitled "Here's What We'll Say: Growing Up, Coming Out, and the U.S. Air Force Academy."

He said that life in the Air Force was tough. Not wanting to face a court-martial for being gay, he had to live in a world where he had to watch everything he did and said for fear of being outed and wishing he was in another world where he was free to be himself.

"One of the hardest things for me to reconcile was the fact that I was completely open with my family and friends but faced the very real possibility of being court-martialed and going to jail if I was open with my 'work' colleagues," he said. "The don't ask, don

So what is he after here? Sympathy? A change in the US military?

" He said that life in the Air Force was tough. Not wanting to face a court-martial for being gay.........The don't ask, don

I think rejuv he is just telling his story. Read it or not.....

(I have this urge for a cup of coffee for some reason)