Primary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Secondary: Sky Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Squares Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to TV Fan Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

DH in the media

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

Desperate Housewives

by Dave Anderson

May 6, 2007: Into the Woods

I just knew that Victor Lang (John Slattery) was going to turn out to be a bad guy. He seemed too perfect. But didn't you think his mean streak came out of nowhere? He acted as though Gabrielle had never done a stupid thing before with the way he yelled at her. Yes, Gaby jumped in his arms like a child when it looked as though he was going to win the mayoral race. Yes, Gaby can be a "high maintenance nightmare," as brilliantly described by Vern (Alec Mapa). And yes, Gaby got arrested for her shenanigans with the cop (Brendan Patrick Connor), ripping up the parking tickets since she thought it was acceptable behavior for the new "First Lady of Fairview." But did Victor have to yell at her like an abusive father to a daughter? You knew as soon as he saw the bruise on her wrist caused by the cop that Victor was going to have something done to the guy. Enter the two thugs, beating up the cop. But Gaby's going ahead with the wedding. Let's see if she indeed says "I do" in two weeks.

Kudos to the casting department once again for bringing back a TV actor that hasn't been seen in a while: Greg Evigan! What a perfect choice to play Edie's ex-husband and father of Travers. Greg is mostly remembered for BJ and the Bear and My Two Dads, but let's talk irony with the fact that he also played Dr. Dan Hathaway on Melrose Place. Why is this ironic? Because Dr. Dan was the eventual lover of Matt Fielding, played by Doug Savant. I'll get to Doug as Tom in just a bit. I was glad Carlos talked Edie out of her request for joint custody. You could tell Carlos was getting too attached to Travers

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Desperate Housewives

by Dave Anderson

May 13, 2007: What Would We Do Without You?
Admit it

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

"Extra"-special RSVP: TV Guide's Housewives Wedding Blog

by Mary Murphy, aka "the guest in the blue suit"

TV Guide's Mary Murphy (in blue) attends a Desperate Housewives wedding.

Day 1: Exciting News. I am going to be on the finale of Desperate Housewives [airing Sunday at 9 pm/ET].
As a way to write a story for TV Guide magazine, I am going to be a guest at Eva Longoria's wedding. Not that wedding! I will be an "extra" at Gaby's wedding to Victor (played by John Slattery). I hope she doesn't get cold feet

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Desperate Housewives

by Dave Anderson

May 20, 2007: Getting Married Today
Well, they said the final scene would be a shocker, and they were right. I am speechless. You know how much I love my Edie. Would it be too much to ask to have Carlos heroically and miraculously walk in during the very first scene this fall and save her? I do not want this show to go on without Nicollette Sheridan. Yes, Edie is not one of the four main housewives, but the show would not be the same without her. Soap operas have had people hang themselves and be saved at the last minute. Until I get a confirmation, I'm going to spend this entire summer believing Edie is not dead. Just call me DID

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Desperate Housewives

by Aimee Deeken

Lynette's Secret Revealed

Episode Recap: "Now You Know"

Though Bree's secret is still under wraps (literally), Lynette couldn't hide hers any longer. I don't blame her at all for playing the "cancer card" (as her mother said) in order to tell off that witchy school mom. The whole time, I was aching for Lynette to rip off her wig

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Desperate Housewives

by Aimee Deeken

Let the Games Begin!

Episode Recap: "Smiles of a Summer Night"

We all saw it coming: Tonight Katherine began to maneuver for Bree's title of No. 1 homemaker. While the two of them battled over who was the social coordinator, who made the best pie, and who could better feign perfection and hide behind those icy white smiles, it became clear that there is one major difference between them: Bree ultimately seeks approval and friendship with her neighbors; Katherine obviously has no qualms about making enemies.

Just as I was thinking that that could make it difficult for Katherine to keep her imperfect past from her neighbors, Bree was privy to a fight in the Mayfairs' home. Thanks to some not-so-innocuous small talk with Mrs. McCluskey and some courage from Julie, Dylan began asking her mom about her father and her past. Adam and Katherine resolved to come up with "better lies," but the truth is bound to come out eventually, especially now that Bree is involved. Loved that Katherine had a giant lock on her recipe box

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Desperate Housewives

by Aimee Deeken

Keeping Up Appearances

Episode Recap: "The Game"

Does no one on Wisteria Lane ever learn that playing games to hide the truth can only succeed for so long? Eventually the secrets and lies come to the fore. But to their credit, the neighbors all did a fine job of keeping up the act tonight. Charades was just one among many games that were played at Susan and Mike's home.

We still didn't get much further in the Mayfair mystery. What we do know is that Dylan's real dad didn't do what Mom Mayfair told everyone: "the worst thing a father can do to his daughter." That was just another lie made up to keep them quiet in the future.

Edie flaunted her engagement to bug both Carlos and Gaby, courtesy of a ring she bought herself (she should have used Carlos' money from that offshore account). She also befriended Katherine, assuring her that when Katherine caught Adam and Gaby flirting, it was the latter she should worry about. Before the night was over, Katherine spilled Gaby's sordid history with Wisteria Lane's most popular gardener, news to no one

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts

Desperate Housewives

by Aimee Deeken

Bombshells in the 'Burbs

Rex's mother Phyllis caused trouble for Bree. Marcia Cross and Shirley Knight by Danny Feld/ABCEpisode Recap: "If There's Anything I Can't Stand"

The biggest news of the episode was not the arrival of Bob and Lee

Dade

Dade

Chat Host

• 13,088 posts
Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 4.10, which aired on January 6, 2008, was the last episode completed before the writers' strike. We will have new spoilers when new episodes are produced.

morty

morty

(Well, You Know....)

• Admin
  • Pip
  • 2,776 posts
Series creator Marc Cherry is considering extending Desperate Housewives' run by two years. For some time he has said the show, currently in its fifth season, would end after 7, but the success of this past season finds him and ABC in contract extension talks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users