Sign in to follow this  
Dade

TAR 10: Media

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

September 24, 2006: "Can Horses Smell Fear?"

All right, who's with me on the David-and-Mary bandwagon? Last week I was pretty well convinced I needed subtitles to understand a word these two were saying, but by now not only can I speak fluent Kentuckese, I can also finally have a team to root for. They're not at all shy about their lack of world experience, which at times can be downright endearing: "I've never known an Asian person in my life. The Cho brothers? I love 'em to death. Honest to goodness, we've never been around gay people. But hey, I like 'em!" Couple that with their unflappable patience (see: old Russian military jeep stuck fender-deep in the Mongolian mud) and effortless generosity (see: offering their leftover water to the single moms during the detour), and I really hope these two will be around for a while. I'm also impressed by the beauty queens so far

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

The Amazing Race 10 visits the Hanoi Hilton and Duke and Lauren are eliminated

After three episodes of The Amazing Race 10, I

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Amazing Race Results

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

October 8, 2006 "I Know Phil, Little Ol' Gorgeous Thing!"

Is anybody else exhausted after watching this one? The bickering, the yelling, the crying, all that rowing... it was like Thanksgiving, only with less turkey and more primitive sea travel. If they didn't insist on using cutesy quotes from the teams as titles (more on that later), this week's episode might well have been called "Rob's Anger Management Issues and Other Maladies That Can't Be Cured by a Vietnamese Steam Bath." Seriously, could this guy have a shorter fuse? Between his multipart taxicab meltdown ("I'm done talking with foreigners"

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

October 15, 2006: "I Covered His Mouth, Oh My Gosh!"

They're no Jonathan and Victoria, but Peter and Sarah are rapidly becoming one of the most grating teams ever to run the Race. And when I say "Peter and Sarah," I pretty much just mean Peter. Could this guy be a bigger tool? From all his paranoid posturing on the train to Hanoi, to his desperate attempts at forming a counteralliance with those sneaky beauty queens, to his irritating mouthful-of-beef-jerky decree, "I like who I am, I like the way I deal with things," I wouldn't blame Sarah one bit if she threw in the towel. But she's a trouper thus far, taking the brunt of Peter's alternating belligerent criticisms and condescending encouragements without completely losing her cool. (Forgive me for being politically incorrect, but if I were Sarah, I'd have long ago removed my artificial leg and whacked Peter in the head with it.) They finish this leg of the race out in front and with smiles on their faces, but I have to wonder if the promise of a new home gym will be enough to help Sarah forget Peter's repeated dog calls of "C'mon! C'mon Sarah!" like he's busy training her to roll over for a tasty Snausage treat. Elsewhere, the beauty queens continue to wow with their sneaky tactics and linguistic prowess (re: the croc-wrestling detour, "I just hope we don't have to, like, touch their, like, snout and stuff....") while the Cho brothers inadvertently deliver a subliminal ad campaign for Lost via their homemade find-Phil T-shirts, which I'm sure the execs at CBS totally appreciated. (I can hear Les Moonves now: "Would it kill these kids to slap an Old Christine bumper sticker on their backpacks?") And while we're on the topic of Erwin and Godwin, what's the deal with these two and prop comedy? They were busted for their water-pistol shenanigans way back at Sea-Tac, and now they're causing mayhem with a faux cell phone. That little ploy convinces Peter the Pacer to borrow an actual cell phone and reserve a flight, which could have spelled almost as much disaster as a full-body cavity search courtesy of the TSA. But perhaps the biggest twist of the night comes for David and Mary, who are greeted at the pit stop with the good news that this is a non-Philimination round

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

December Finales for 'Race,' 'Survivor'

Many millions will be distributed to deserving reality contestants

October 17, 2006

25946739.jpg

Parvati Shallow of 'Survivor: Cook Islands'The latest seasons of CBS' venerable "The Amazing Race" and "Survivor" franchises will have their finales on consecutive Sundays in December.

The 10th season of "Amazing Race" will cross the finish-line on Sunday, December 10 in a relatively restrained finale only running one hour.

The following week, though, "Survivor: Cook Islands" will dedicated two hours to its last episode but, as usual, the winner won't be revealed until the hour-long live special airing at 10 p.m. ET. The "Survivor" reunion special will film, once again, at CBS Television City in Los Angeles.

The Phil Keoghan-hosted "Amazing Race" has won four consecutive Emmys in the outstanding reality-competition category. CBS transplanted "Race" to Sundays this fall and the latest season has averaged a solid 11.15 million viewers, leading into "Cold Case."

In its 13th incarnation, "Survivor" has had a somewhat difficult season. A wave of mostly negative press greeted the show's decision to split the season's tribes along racial lines and then a second wave of mostly negative press greeted the show's decision to integrate the tribes after only two episodes, before the latest social experiment made any impact at all. While that controversy failed to build any new audience, "Survivor" has still averaged nearly 16.7 million viewers this season, outdrawing ABC's freshman hit "Ugly Betty."

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

October 22, 2006: "Maybe Steven Seagal Will See Me...."

How's that for anticlimactic? Those oh-so-clever producers of The Amazing Race throw a kink in the works with their new post non-Philimination round "come in first or you'll incur a 30-minute penalty" scheme, and then they promptly render it useless with a fast-forward. As happy as I am to see David and Mary go from worst to first

Amazing Race Results

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

October 29, 2006: "I Wonder If This Is Going to Make My Fingers Pickle"

Seriously? A second second chance for David and Mary? For all the talk this week about the Six Pack (formerly and now once again the Back Pack), the alliance with Alabama and the Cho brothers isn't doing half as much for Kentucky as good old-fashioned dumb luck. Then again, to show how much I know, I was thoroughly convinced that leaving the salt detour was Race suicide

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

November 5, 2006: "He Can't Swim, but He Can Eat Cow Lips!"

All right, I'm not sure if this was some clever editing work or simply a testament to the intrinsic calming qualities of cow lips, but it seems like Rob and Kimberly may be mellowing out just a bit. Granted, "mellow" for those two still seems like a regular rage-fest to little ol' non-confrontational me. But, it's a step in the right direction nonetheless. Kudos to Kimberly in particular for powering through that ick-tastic fast forward, and a big fat boo to the sound- and video-editors for making us watch her heave-ho in slo-mo. (And did anybody else find her description of the Malagasy delicacy hilarious? "It was disgusting

I read it every week, usually gives me a giggle, I posted this one because I thought it was the funniest :lol:

Thanks pinkie great articles

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

November 19, 2006: "Lookin' Like a Blue-Haired Lady on a Sunday Drive"

All right, before we start drawing any grand conclusions about nice guys finishing last, let's get one thing straight

Amazing Race Results

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

November 26, 2006: "We Just Won't Die, Like Roaches"

I don't know about the rest of you, but I've been experiencing a vague dissatisfaction with this season of the Race more or less since the teams first set out from Seattle. Here in episode 11, I think I've finally put my finger on it. More often than not, it seems like there's a potential for awesomeness that's never fully realized. The "marked for elimination" penalty after non-Philimination legs, the new "intersection" back in Madagascar, even the good old reliable "yield"

Amazing Race Results

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

December 3, 2006: "Dude, I'm Such a Hot Giant Chick Right Now!"

Well there you go

The Amazing Race 10

by Chana Shwadlenak

December 10, 2006: "Say Your Deepest Prayers Ever"

Anti-climax, party of two? Your finale is ready. So here's what I've decided: This season's winners, male models/recovering addicts Tyler and James are, truth be told, a scientific experiment from the cunning mind of one Bertram Van Munster. Using the latest in state-of-the-art cloning technology, BVM clearly took all the best attributes that made last season's champs, hippies B.J. and Tyler, such an Amazing team, and mixed them up test-tube style with a liberal helping of frat-boy chromosomes from Eric and Jeremy. (Or if you believe what you've seen on the Internet, it's quite possible that those two pairs procreated entirely without the help of a mad scientist.) The end result? A photogenic team comprised of two good-natured and good-looking guys who were able to parlay their athletic prowess and minimal melodrama into a million bucks. Way to go, fellas