Sign in to follow this  
jenw_72

Jericho

Im ready for tonight's episode, I really want to know more about Jake's past :angry:

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW COMMENTARY

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

November 1, 2006: Let's Make a Deal

When we last left Jericho, Jake was on to Hawkins, Mitchell came back to town, and acres of corn brought everyone together for a Little House on the Prairie-like moment (one which some of us laughed at and some of us found as relief in the midst of chaos). This week, the episode opens with unfamiliar faces tied to Mitchell, Jericho's new bad boy sitting pretty behind bars.

Surrounded by pumpkins, which almost seem too colorful for this town, we finally have a moment between Emily and Heather. "There are a lot of things about Jake you don't know," Emily warns her. And then fear immediately takes over Emily when she sees Jonah (James Remar) roll in to town, who we later find out is her father. Their broken ties over her brother Chris' death have put up a hefty wall between them, and she can't forgive him. We see her unravel as her past comes swirling back to haunt her. She was just beginning to deal with having Jake back in town, but this addition can only make things worse.

On a more positive note, I'm really beginning to like Stanley and his attitude toward Mimi, who, by the way, has rearranged his kitchen in an intrusive/neurotic kind of way.

Meanwhile, Johnston is messing with his temperature, and Gail is laying down the Green-house law with a ridiculously carved pumpkin in hand.

Just as I was starting to forget about him, Gray has returned without Shepp. He reports that Lawrence was hit, Topeka suffered from the fallout, and New York is fine, much to Hawkins' surprise. As for D.C.? It's gone, and Stanley has to break the news to Mimi that her home is no longer. But she's not the only one who left love and life in that city. Allison asks about her friends in D.C.: "Did they feel it when they died?" And we find out Darcy had a boyfriend there, Doug. She mourns his probable death, and we actually see Hawkins stuck in an awkward conversation. "You hated me, Robert," she says to him. "Why did you come back for me?" She's stuck in a "house of secrets" with nowhere to go and no one to talk to.

When Skylar finds out her parents might be alive in New York, she wants her mom's jewelry box back that she traded in for some diet soda. It's every man for himself now, and deals are going down left and right. Jake meets up with Jonah to get the town more food, but without trading in Mitchell for the goods, Jake is left standing on the open road empty-handed. Back in the store, Dale finds the jewelry box hidden away.

As they do each week, the town conjures up some spirit during hard times and has a little Halloween parade to distract the kids. But in a creepier turn, Jonah's men force the officer who's stuck at the police station to let Mitchell go, and a chase weaves through the trick-or-treaters (who have no candy with which to spoil themselves). And for the first time, we really see a darker side of Jake. "We're going to do this my way now," he tells Gray.

And with that, Jake confronts Jonah for another round of negotiation, but Jonah wants something bigger than a material exchange. He wants to talk to Emily. He wants to set the record straight about Chris. And he gets his wish... not because she wants to hear his side, but because of a frightening moment in the Green house.

The hardest (but, in my opinion, most riveting) scene was seeing April and Gail perform CPR on Johnston, with his sons watching nearby. With the lack of medication in Jericho, he may live 12 hours if he's lucky. So in a desperate attempt to save his life, Jake prepares to search for meds in Rogue River, and Emily pays an unpleasant visit to her father. The only catch is, she's going to have to spend some time with the old man. Trapped with no alternative, Emily is forced back into a two-person family to get the help Johnston needs.

I still haven't warmed up to Skylar and don't think I ever will. But Dale's her new roommate, and I'm sure more teen angst will come along with that. But there is one love story I do want to watch: Heather and Jake's kiss was a much-needed break to slow Jake down for a minute, and, as I said in a previous post, I'm rooting for them. On another promising front, Stanley lets Mimi know in a silent gesture that he's there for her. The music closes the episode and takes us out of town, along with Jake and Eric riding in a questionable truck to face the unknown.

Fourteen new families have settled into Jericho since the attacks. Maybe things will really start heating up on the Hawkins front. Will the town confront him? Will these new additions to Jericho unveil information we don't know?

What I took most from this episode was the anger rising up on all fronts. Dale's fed up after all he's done for the town and the store. Emily's stirred up about the return of her father. Darcy's questions come pouring out as she's hurting more than we've seen. Mimi lashes out at Stanley to mask the pain of losing everything she ever cared about. And Jake's heroic measures are hard to keep in line when he's still fighting whatever happened years ago. We couldn't expect people to stay calm forever, right? At least we got a break in this episode from Mary Bailey and all the duds sitting around her bar. I'm anxious to see what Jake and Eric find on their little journey, how Johnston will hang on without meds, and any truths Jonah can reveal.

Posted by Megan Cherkezian 11/1/06 10:06 PM

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

November 8, 2006: One Month After the Bombs

Jake and Eric are racing towards Rogue River. "See that second set of skid marks?" says Jake when they see a girl laying on the side of the road. He figures someone ran her off the road and killed her for her money. Oh, mysterious Jake... I'll tolerate your suspicious knowledge for a little longer, but you have to give us some truth soon.

Did anyone else notice how fake the scenery looked as they were driving? I was almost bothered by it.

Meanwhile, Eric confronts Jake about his time away, all that time that Eric was watching after the family. But the conversation quickly turns on Eric, and Jake reassures him that it'll be OK if he leaves his wife.... Many people do.

Back in Jericho, Gray visits the Hawkins home with the questions we've all been wanting to ask Robert. "Do you really think I was the mastermind behind the largest terror attack in the world?" Hawkins asks. But he doesn't answer his own question. And he dodges every other question, too.

It's a little awkward to see Heather and Emily in more scenes together, almost becoming friends, but at the same time it's necessary. They gather at the Green house while Johnston hangs on with the fever that won't break.

At Rogue River, the boys find the town deserted and head to the hospital. On the way, they see houses marked with numbers

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Ashley Scott Teases Jericho's Explosive Sweeps Shockers!

by Matt Webb Mitovich

061108interview1.jpg

Ashley Scott, Jericho

As the star of the WB's short-lived Birds of Prey, Ashley Scott played no less than the love child of Batman and Catwoman. These days, she is contending with an equally far-out yet more sobering role on CBS' postapocalyptic hit drama Jericho (Wednesdays at 8 pm/ET). Will Emily ever find her MIA fianc

Great show.... It is on my DVR list.

Did anybody catch the season finale????

What were your thoughts????

I am watching and still still trying to figure things out.

The finale was not really very exciting.

The last 15 minutes of the show was good.........the other 45 minutes did bore me.

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV COMMENTARY

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

November 29, 2006: "See You Soon"

Well, this was a more personal episode. With Gracie's murder at the center of attention, Dale struggles with his newly earned store, Emily and Jake see some truth in Jonah, Stanley and Mimi get closer as Bonnie tears away, and Johnston is voted out of office. Things are bound to change in Jericho now that Gray Anderson has the reigns. I have a feeling he's going to make a lot of rash decisions, and Johnston is going to hesitate to step in... even if the town needs him in the future. It was a sad moment when he was standing outside City Hall. His cautious nature was the best way to assess each situation at hand, but Gray was always quick to assume and act. There needs to be a common ground.

I also liked the scene in the jail cell. "He's innocent!" Jake sternly says of Jonah. "Don't let someone else do the dirty work for you, Mayor." Big move by Jake, but we all knew Gray was just the mouth here and wouldn't shoot Jonah then and there.

There's a lot of pride at stake in this episode, and power struggles in almost every scene. But it really focused on the inner workings of the town

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

January 18, 2007: Win A Trip to the Jericho Set!

OK, here's your chance... Guess the end of the Morse Code sentence that will be featured in the first new episode of the spring season (Feb. 21) and you could win a trip to the Jericho set in Los Angeles! The first part of the Morse Code-encrypted sentence was seen on air in November during the opening titles in episodes 10 and 11. The beginning of the sentence reads: "It begins with 6 and ends with..."

You have until Monday, Feb. 19 at 8 am/ET to go to whodroppedthebomb.com to submit the word or phrase (not the Morse Code) that you think the final Morse Code translates into. A random selection of entries will be featured each week on the Jericho web site. Every entry has a chance to win. The winner will be picked at random and announced on Wednesday, Feb. 21 on whodroppedthebomb.com. (You can also visit this site on Feb. 22 and March 1 at 10 am/ET to tune into the new online talk show "Inside Jericho" featuring the stars and producers taking calls directly from fans.)

Posted by Megan Cherkezian 01/18/07 12:52 PM

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW BLOGS

CBS' Jericho: Burning Questions Answered!

by Stephen Battaglio

070214interview1.jpg

Skeet Ulrich and Ashley Scott, Jericho

What do the Morse-code messages say? Is Hawkins a hero or a villain? As the Feb. 21 return of CBS' Jericho nears, TV Guide has the inside scoop on these bombshells

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVEIWS & FEATURES

Jericho's Lennie James Teases Explosive Revelations!

by Megan Cherkezian

070221interview2.jpg

Lennie James, Jericho

No one knew what to think when CBS debuted its nuclear hit Jericho last fall and giant bomb clouds filled the distant skies with a season full of questions. Not too many of those questions have been answered thus far, but now that the show is back from its winter hiatus, viewers can expect more to be revealed as the story continues to unfold. TVGuide.com talked to Lennie James

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

February 21, 2007: 36 Hours Before the Bombs

Going back in time was not only helpful, but refreshing, even though we knew what was about to happen. It taught us a little more about Jake, showed us the calm (well, sort of) before the storm and introduced new characters that were an important part of the past

Well the show is pretty good and I have the hots for Skeet but........ I just keep getting deeper trying to figure stuff out. Very frustrating.

I almost forgot this show was going. It feels like it took forever for it to come back on. <_< I need to watch last weeks eppy so I'll be catching up tomorrow.

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

February 28, 2007: Getting the Lights Back On

Now that winter is setting in, heat is definitely a problem, and showing a dead body on the floor under a blanket that just wasn't enough was a chilling opening scene. Glad to see Heather's back and her push for windmills introduced us to Black Jack and let us explore a place beyond Jericho's walls. I loved how everyone turned around and stared at Jake when it was time to gather a small group to leave Jericho and explore this unknown trading post. With Roger's fragile state of mind, who knows what he really saw out there? But at least he had some warnings about how they should approach the fairgrounds.

I had seen a clip of Black Jack on the CBS site, so I was prepared for the guards as they entered, but I wasn't prepared for what came after that. "It's like eBay." Not exactly. But at least there were some friendly faces. When Heather reunited with Ted Lewis, it made me wonder if there was a past between them. Mostly, I was intrigued by all the trades going on, the list of accepted materials, the news board, the giant map, the information and questions floating around the grounds. And the fact that Ravenwood went through there hit a nerve with Jake. Six presidents, several militaries

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

March 7, 2007: "I Know What You're Made Of"

Tonight the love triangles were put on hold, the affairs were set aside, the teens were nowhere to be seen. Tonight was about pure survival, and even our fearless leader, Jake, was starting to see the light before he had to be rescued for once. And while his family was pulling together to save him, Hawkins was thinking of his wife and kids as he risked his own life on a mission with the mysterious Sarah.

"After today, I'm here." The minute Hawkins said that to Darcy, I thought, "I wouldn't be so sure about that." Sarah was in control, and Hawkins should have considered that she might have changed since he last saw her. She still seemed pretty hurt to see him with his family: "Too much domestic bliss?" But I was more intrigued with the computer files. Woodworth, Ritts and Pierce were all terminated. There was a dead man sitting in the corner. It didn't take long for Hawkins to figure out that he was a player in The Hunter's (Ron Bottitta) game and Sarah was barely holding her front together. Well, until she

Jericho

by Megan Cherkezian

March 14, 2007: We Soldier On

"Everybody has a price and everybody lies."

Well, I figured something might be wrong with these Marines coming into town, ready to hand out help, proclaiming that Jericho's back on the grid. But, with these detailed shows, I'm usually a cynic about everything wonderful that provides some hope in a devastating situation (just like my suspicions about people on Lost).

I have to say, though, it wasn't such a bad idea for those refugees to fake their way into towns, rolling through starving grounds with their big tank and military orders. Talk about survival. But it's a pretty grim view of what people will do in a state of tragedy and fear

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, INTERVIEWS & FEATURES

Jericho Preview: Nice-guy Stanley Visits the Dark Side

by Megan Cherkezian

070328interview3.jpg

Brad Beyer, Jericho

Fans of CBS' Jericho are definitely not going to want to miss tonight's new episode, airing at 8 pm/ET. During the country's state of desperation, it's not unusual that emergencies arise on an hourly basis, and this week is no different. It's up to the leaders to help the Kansas town survive another day, and even resident nice guy Stanley Richmond

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, AUSIELLO REPORT

CBS Promises "Closure" for Jericho Fans

Jericho fans are proving to be da bomb at marshalling their resources.

The monstrous public outcry surrounding the show's cancelation prompted CBS' entertainment president Nina Tassler to take the unusual step of posting the following message at CBS.com over the weekend...

To the fans of Jericho:

We have read your emails over the past few days and have been touched by the depth and passion with which you have expressed your disappointment. Please know that canceling a television series is a very difficult decision. Hundreds of people at the Network, the production company and the incredibly-talented creative team worked very hard to build and serve the community for this show -- both on-air and online. It is a show we loved too.

Thank you for supporting Jericho with such passion. We truly appreciate the commitment you made to the series and we are humbled by your disappointment. In the coming weeks, we hope to develop a way to provide closure to the compelling drama that was the Jericho story.

Sincerely,

Nina Tassler, President of CBS Entertainment

OK, Jericho fans, how would you like your closure served? In the form of a TV movie? A miniseries? A 300-word essay from producers? An Off Broadway show? Post your ideas in the comments section below. Clearly, CBS is paying attention.

Posted by Michael Ausiello 05/20/07 8:39 PM

I would hope we should have some closure...........I hate when they do stuff like this :giljotiini:

CBS eyes "Jericho" resurrection

By Nellie Andreeva

2007_06_06t080152_450x318_us_jericho.jpg

Skeet Ulrich

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The relentless campaign of loyal fans of "Jericho" may yet pay off: CBS is in talks to bring back the post-apocalyptic drama with a seven-episode midseason order.

No deals are yet in place, and there are several hurdles to overcome, but the fact that the network is moving to resurrect the canceled freshman series is a testament to legions of fans, whose tireless campaign to save the show has involved sending tens of thousands of pounds of nuts to top CBS executives.

Talks are under way with cast members, including star Skeet Ulrich, to return. The network is said to have options on all actors, but deals would need to be modified to reflect the unusual timing and number of episodes. As a result of proposed budget reductions, some of "Jericho's" characters would not return for the abbreviated second season.

Serialized drama "Jericho," co-created and executive produced by Stephen Chbosky and executive produced by Jon Turteltaub, chronicles the lives of the residents of the Kansas town of Jericho who have survived a series of nuclear explosions throughout the U.S.

Efforts are under way to assemble a writing staff for the proposed seven-episode order, with several original staff writers expected to return.

Carol Barbee, who served as executive producer/showrunner on the show last season, has been tapped as executive producer/showrunner on another CBS series, the midseason drama "Swingtown." It is understood that she would be able to do "Swingtown" and "Jericho," probably serving as consultant on the latter.

"Jericho" had a promising launch in the fall but struggled upon its return to the schedule after a three-month hiatus, when it had to face the biggest show on television, Fox's "American Idol."

Still, the show was popular on the Web and on other digital platforms and developed a strong fan base that refused to accept CBS' decision in May to cancel the show after one season. "Jericho" supporters launched the nuts campaign, which was inspired by a line in the first-episode finale uttered by Ulrich's Jake Green in response to the neighboring town's request to surrender. "Nuts," he said.

I hope it does come back on. I liked this show. I heard people were sending nuts to cbs. I guess they received thousands of nuts.

It worked, Jericho WILL be back. . . . if only for 7 episodes in mid season, but the story is NOT over!!!!!

WOO HOO

i think the fans should do this every time the networks pull this crap on us. i am betting that a lot of the same viewers for jericho are/where the same veiwers for other cancelled shows in the past that were really great shows. some of these shows they dont even give them a chance to grab an audience, let alone give them time to fail.

i am glad jericho will be back.. shame on CBS for thinking they were gonna get away with it once again. maybe next time they will think twice.