Sign in to follow this  
Rejuvenated

TAR 10 General Discussion

Tonights, race finale, for me is not going to be that exciting. If I had to pick a team, I would thinkg the boys have the best advantage over the other two teams.

Wish the producers would not ediit the show, so we would know, how much time elapes between the teams. :angry::angry:

Did anyone else feel like the whole hour tonight was on fast forward?

The only thing that would have added some excitement to tonight's finale would have been if the airline would have granted Rob's wish and let him sky dive....over the Atlantic !!!!

What a sucky finale.. last season's was much better with the flag thing at the end. This just seemed like they wanted to get it over with.

And good job by the producers buying 2 tickets from someone so the guys could get on with Rob and Kimberly

I wonder if Rob Mariano had any painful memories watching another guy named Rob have to see another team board the winning plane at the last minute.

I've always wanted to tandem skydive, but I don't know if I would have wanted to skydive onto Normandy beach. Just the thought of so many lives lost there, and here I am skydiving...it just seems a little irreverent to me. I wish they had had them skydive somewhere else...just my .02.

Wow-- I couldn't believe the anticlimatic finale for this show! It's like since the BBQ's left, they were like, 'eh, let's just get it over with', as someone previously said. The 'jacket fitting' challenge was dull dull dull. No fun at all. Gee, an hour of airports trains and taxi's. Even the skydiving wasn't very exciting. Plus the winner was more determined by the taxi driver, than anything else. Does he get a cut of the winnings? Blah blah blah....

Anyway, congrats to the winners. Who was it, again? :huh:

And I kind of agree about skydiving at Normandy Beach. I don't know if they should have done it or not. But they didn't seem to give it the respect it deserved. No one even seemed to know, or care about it's significance. Was anything about it even mentioned, other than it was Normandy Beach? When they visited the Hanoii Hilton, the did at least talk about what happened there. I realize that at this point in the game, the teams are focused on the race, and only the race. And, or course, there is editing, and the desire, it seemed, to just get it over with. But I still felt like the place was slighted.

I wonder how much E-Z Pass would have paid for that promo.

Does anybody ever mention tipping in this race? Are they allowed to?

Certainly that cabby deserved something -- even if they just took his address to send him something later.

Power to the little people, I say!

anticlimatic yes, but i was happy with the ultimate outcome.

i thought baba got shafted in the end, what with not showing them after the first two teams got on the plane.

Didn't they kind of do that last year too? When it was clearly down to 2 teams, team #3 didn't get much air time. I also think that last plane ride was obviously engineered by the producers, like someone else said. But, whatever... I'm fine with whoever won.

I also wish they would tell us how far behind the other teams were. It didn't seem like Bama was all that far behind. And it's hard to say how far behind Kim and Rob were. I don't think it was really that close.

i don't think its ever really that close in the end. if it was, they would show both teams running up to the finish line.....

And it's hard to say how far behind Kim and Rob were. I don't think it was really that close.

On the CBS Early Show today, Tyler & James said Rob & Kim were only 10-15 minutes behind them to the finish line. I don't know how long before Alabama got there.

Is it me or did this TAR seemed to fly by............It just felt like this race was short!!

poor bama.......their flight was at least an hour behind the first....leaving france, that is

I missed the finale last night because my beloved Saints were playing the Cowboys last night but from reading this thread I guess I didnt' miss much....I wonder if it's even worth watching on the CBS website?????

Not only did bama get a later flight, they were on the wait list BEFORE the boys. They talked to a man who sent them to stand in line. The boys opted NOT to waitlist when they first got there because they felt it was uselss. When it comes down to it though, the guys may have been a little boring, but they did run a more enthusiastic race than bama. Bama just dawdled along and talked about how much yhey wanted to win. Action spoke louder than words in this case.

see, i thought they waitlisted and then got the other flight booked. i just thought they didn't try hard to get the flight at first........ <_<

Not only did bama get a later flight, they were on the wait list BEFORE the boys.

No, the boys were there first, got on the list but thought there was no chance of making it. Then they booked another flight, came back to wait and it paid off. It was Rob & Kim who brilliantly talked their way onto the flight without having to book standby.

i will say, bama did impress me with their efforts. they never got too flustered. and the major mistake they made was going to orly airport to get home. not their fault, it worked well for them flying into paris.

That's the problem Rebel, I don't think they DID know that there was a difference in the international connections. They just knew Orly was closer.

They took a chance that didn't pan out, too bad. Though I think going on foot from the News building to the East Village would have done them in. Also being black and trying to get a cab in Manhattan may have also proved to be an obstacle.