Sign in to follow this  
Rejuvenated

TAR 10 General Discussion

Yes waiting around for other teams is just silly... that is fine to help each out when you can but to wait for them at every stop is going to make you lose...

What I am finding interesting is that all the teams that are still in it, besides the junkie boys, I had pegged to be out a long time ago... nice that it isn't so predictable, I still think it will be the boys or rob and kim in the end, although I hope not....

i'd like to see the drug buddies in the final three. and as much as i don't really care for them (although they are growing on me) i would LOVE to see the queens win it......

They've made some interesting changes this season in an attempt to keep things fresh, I'll give them credit. However, the Fast Forward has suffered. It's shown up twice and both times have been the second leg of a non-elimination leg. Back-to-back no less. Way back in the early days, wasn't the FF available in each leg? Phil always made his little speech that "the FF can only be used once during the race, so choose wisely."

All things considered, last night's show was really a cake walk. The FF stunk for those who chose to do it and the Detour & Roadblock were both relatively easy tasks.

Another thing I've noticed in the last few seasons, travel seems to have really slacked off. Teams seem to spend more time in one location or general vicinity. Part of the allure of TAR for me was seeing all the different locations.

What took them so long at the fast forward? I mean, even though the other tasks were relatively easy, they must have spent an hour or more eating that stuff. I realize it's gross, but wouldn't you rather just eat is as fast as you can, and get it over with? These guys must have never seen Fear Factor! ( which, btw, is a show I might like if not for all the buffalo penis eating, etc....)

And, I thought they could only do 1 fast forward, so I was confused when Kentucky and Alabama were considereing it. Did the rules change, and they could have done it, if it wasn't already taken?

Good point Ivy!! That didn't even occur to me when Mary was pushing to go do it again. Not that it would have made a big difference in the final outcome, but it would have been a big waste of time to go do it then find out it didn't count.

The Fast Forward seemed like a bad option. Ty/James and Rob/Kim had a sizable lead when they got there but ended up getting passed by teams not choosing the FF. It wasn't just that they were waiting for Kim forever too, she really held her own. Even James, who the other three described as completing it easily, was finishing around the time the BQs were almost done with the Roadblock. It was just contrary to how Fast Forwards usually run.

Has anybody noticed how dang easy the race has gotten this season? The leg with the rowing was one of the most challenging in race history but apart from that, it's been like The Amazing Race: Mentally Challenged Edition. How else does one explain how David/Mary place better overall than Peter/Sarah and Duke/Lauren? The tasks are just really easy and it's always working out that whoever arrives at a Roadblock or Detour last is going to leave last. I understand that navigating and not making mistakes is how you can stay in the race (it's how Chris/Alex from Season 2 won), but there needs to be some element of challenge in these tasks.

I've been wondering where the terrifying challenges have been. For myself, terrifying means the 600 ft bungee jumps or the wire glide thing over a million foot deep ravene. Granted, scaling that flat rock thing a few episodes ago using the rope ladder would have been a PIA. (the one where Peter laid back in the boat drinking his Coke while Sarah climbed)

I really enjoyed tonight's episode. I was glad when Rob & Kimberly got lost and got behind the other teams but they sure did catch up fast.

The race is really heating up and the Chos need to quit being such gentlemen and leave Bama in the dust. Bama didn't have any problem hijacking that cab.

I really hate when the shows continues to the next week with no conclusion. Now we have to wait another week to know who is eliminated. Grrr! :angry:

I hate the TO BE CONTINUED episodes also. pooh.

I like that there were so many tasks on this leg! It kept me on the edge of my seat. I can't wait to see the conclusion next week.

Karlyn, Rob, and Dustin are both only able to do one more Roadblock (there are three left) as no one team member is able to do more than seven roadblocks on the race. Tyler and James could go with any combo except James do all three (which would seem as Tyler appears to be stronger). Wonder if that will come into play, like maybe the last roadblock will be something really physical and Kimberly has to do it since Rob used up all seven of his roadblocks. Although, I wonder if it's different for Rob/Kim and Tyler/James because they both skipped a roadblock- meaning they each will have to do twelve roadblocks instead of thirteen if they go all the way. I wonder if they're both allowed to only do six- in which case Rob would be done.

Okay so the drugies want Bama in the final 3 with them instead of the Blondes so they dont yield the blondes? What kind of logic is that? I know it didnt matter in the end but they wouldnt have known that

I'm thinking the same thing. No one wants to be the bad guy. However, there are usually 2 yields on the race (no counting the intersection as one of the 2 yields) so there could be another one that they might want to use.

You have to wonder if cameras were on the 24/7 like BB...what would we really see :unsure:

I'm at a complete loss as to who I like and dislike at this point. Early on I was all for the BQ's, can't tolerate them now. They take way too much pleasure in someone else's misfortune. Rob/Kim used to drive me crazy, now they almost seem like the lesser of 4 evils. Bama I flip flop on 3-4 times every episode; am still bitter that they didn't get to Yield the BQ's. The boys I've never had feelings about one way or the other so I can't even think of anything to say about them. Even with no clear favorite, last night's episode may have been one of the best of the season. With the pure race situation upon us, its anyone's game.

HA! juvy, i've flipped a million times on my favorite/least favorite too!! this year its hard to like any of them, they've all got annoying qualities!

lol, I can't stop laughing. I hope wins this one too!

Anyway, yea, this has been one of those seasons where there's no clear favorite to root for (I wasn't even rooting for the Chos). I think the only people all season I was truly rooting for were Kentucky. But I've gone back and forth on all the others.

Well everyone seems to agree that there isnt' a clear favorite in this years race..I feel the same way changing my mind several times during the race. What drove me the most crazy yesterday was Bama couldnt' wait to get to the yield so they could yield the BQs but when the BQs got there first and yeilded them they acted all indignant about it...

I can't help but feel it was a bit unfair that the bama moms got yielded. They were at the place before anyone else. :(