Sign in to follow this  
Rejuvenated

TAR 10 General Discussion

loved the challenge tonite. really showed the teams strength of character.

love how ron and kimberly were bashing each other and fighting like cats and dogs, but were all lovey and kissing when they were in first.

i've changed my mind and i'm now saying that mary and david are my favorite team ever! they rock. the single moms are starting to annoy me.....way to take joy in someone getting hurt! you two suck!

the beauty queens are a fav of mine, and i loved how they fight, she needs to cry, and then "can i just cry on your shoulder?" AHAHAHAHA

The rowing challenge was certainly an unexpected comedy of errors. My husband pointed out that the oar locks were raised high off the boat, meaning the rower is meant to stand. No wonder they were having problems.

HA! i think the standing might have been funnier! seeing them trying to balance while rowing standing up!

you missed a goodsie cat! i sure hope you taped it!

or just wait until someone YouTube's it

My favorite moment was probably this,

Dustin: You got the clue all wet!?

Kandice: We really shouldn't be putting blame here D.

That clue was freaking shredded what the hell did those girls do to it!?

I would like to know what happened to the clue....

Their clue????

It was dragged into the depths and got caught up in the forgotten anchor of those model boys.

And that's why the Captain waived <grin>. :lol:

Guest StarBaby

Interesting new twist on the non elimination. I think there must have been some issues with the teams begging for money last year, because they seem determined not to have them doing it this year. The past non elimination practice of taking all their belongings and money just set the teams up to have to beg for money and the things they needed. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how the new twist plays out. And I was so glad that David and Mary were not eliminated -- I like 'em!

Yeah, they've really progressed non-elimination legs throughout the show. Originally it was just like a wasted leg, then there was a minor thing with money but teams could eaily get past that by begging, now they have the time penalty. If a team just got through a non-elimination leg and there's a fast forward or yield available that leg, they have to take it.

i don't think that mary would use the yield. that's just my opinion though. she seems a bit too nice/naive to use the yield to hinder another team. even if it meant her losing. but i could be wrong

I like the way TAR changes things up from time to time. This new non-elim leg is pretty fair, it makes staying in the race a lot more challenging.

As much as I like Mary and David and am glad they got first place, I'm a little disappointed about the fast forward being available tonight. It took some, well all, of the suspense out of the non-elimination leg panalty.

This race is interesting because it really highlights two seperate race strategies employed by teams.

You have the "every team for themselves" monker of teams such as Tyler & James, Dustin & Kandice, Rob & Kimberly, and Peter & Sarah. Here all the teams basically don't help or possibly even try to hurt their competitors to get a leg up. The advantages are usually more short term in that you can get ahead of a team when need be and let them suffer. The disadvantages are as Dustin & Kandice may be finding out, that everyone wants you to fail and won't help you if you need it.

Then you have the alliance strategy or pack racing monker of David & Mary, Erwin & Godwin, Lyn & Karlyn, and Tom & Terry. Basically here you help other teams find their clues and often work together. This has more long term advantages in that if you need help from another team they may be there to help you out. David & Mary were a classic case of this, the Cho bros were willing to put themselves temporarily in last place in order to ensure that they stayed in. This can lead to negative short term effects though as you aren't really gaining much ground on particular teams.

Ultimately, it should be interesting to see which school of race ends up prevailing. It's 3-3 right now.

It's not really 3-3... I think it's more like 3-2-1... Tyler/James and Rob/Kimberly are kind of working together but not as closely as the backpackers. Dustin/Candace are all on their own.

Is it my imagination or is Rob getting greyer as the race goes on, guess he left the hair dye at home :D

I don't know about grey, but I would like to pull his hair OUT sometimes when he is mean. I can't wait to see who goes home tonight.

The six pack alliance is going to self-destruct. They are trying to make it a race of friendship and good will. It's silly. I understand the principle, but in the end, all three teams are going to get Philiminated, because they slow each other down. They should help each other when they can, but this business of waiting for the other teams is just stoopid. At least Alabama (whom I despise) knows this, so maybe they will beat it into the other two team's heads.

I dont like Bama much eithe, well the skinny one. And love the other two teams but you cant fault Bama for looking out for themselves