Sign in to follow this  
Rejuvenated

TAR 10 General Discussion

The early elimination came as a real shock! I guess the message is don't let up for a minute.

At the great wall, I was beginning to think there were going to be several "failure to complete" eliminations.

Overall,seems like a more varied group this time. Very interesting mix.

yeah, i thought there were a few people that werent gonna make it up that wall.... i wonder what would happen if several teams could not complete a mission.... :huh:

Ummm....a very short season or lots of retrospective episodes. I would have been one of those hanging upside down by my ankles with my partner standing there screaming til the veins in his/her neck were about to blow.

How amazing would it be though, to be able to say you climbed the Great Wall of China!!?

Guest StarBaby

Remember when Romber did the thing where they decided they couldn't complete the task and they got a time penalty kind of thing? I wonder if they could do that on something like the wall? Overall, it seems to me that TAR has raised the bar this year at least as far as how physically demanding it is going to be.

Yeah, I was surprised 2 teams gone on the first episode. Maybe they will have more non-elimination rounds. I hate those though.

I notice they don't have a senior team this year. Is it because an older couple has never won? They have come close.

rook... I didn't even notice that there were no 'senior' teams. I was too busy noticing that there is more racial diversity. Hmmm... isn't that what they are doing on Survivor?

It was a good show, and I was so shocked by that early elimination. If they keep doing this, are there going to be less shows, or maybe more 2 parters?

Now that BBAS is over, it nice to have both AR and Survivor to look forward to each week.

Hmmm, now thinking more about the lack of a senior team, my mother said that one of the future episdoes of AR will feature all senior teams. So if that is true, then it could explain why there aren't any older couples on this season.

Geesh, if they do that I hope they take a long look at how the family season was received and make an all senior thing a summer replacement season.

I fell asleep before it was over. Who was the second team to leave?

I am really liking it so far, the early elimination was very interesting, Im so happy to be excited about a show again!

Just wanted to say I like this group. I think we are allowed a little more OFF TOPIC discussion and that is great.

Dade is that your real picture? If so your sure are handsome and I also wanted to say Dep you are good looking also. :P

I also wondered if they do take some of our BB alumni for the next TAR what team would you like to see?

Will and Boogie, Will and Janelle, Will and Erin, Kaysar and Janelle? Just examples.

Who would you like?

So far this looks like a great race is going to take place. I can't wait to see what other twists they will have. Maybe one of the ones who get eliminated will get a chance to come back?? I must say I have a few teams this year I like so far so it should be interesting to see how they do. I also have a couple that I can do without! Like the whiner (had enough of that with BB this year) :angry:

I was stunned by the early elimination and although it made the epi exciting I would like to have seen the team go farther. (I always think this with the first ones eliminated/voted off/evicted.)

Marty, my avatar is Dade Murphy (Jonny Lee Miller) main character of the movie Hackers (1995)...and so my name.

I also wondered if they do take some of our BB alumni for the next TAR what team would you like to see?

Marty,

It was so refreshing to tune into TAR last night and see so many new faces.

That being said, as much as I enjoy some of the BB folks, I don't want to see them on TAR. Recycling reality show contestants is a bore. In one of his interviews, Will said his has wrangled an interview with the TAR producers to pitch him and Boog coming on the show, I hope they get rejected.

Different type of game, we need different people

Just wanted to say I like this group. I think we are allowed a little more OFF TOPIC discussion and that is great.

I agree, discussion threads are my favorite, not a fan of things being cubby holed.

As much as I am a BB fan, I don't really want to see any of them on TAR. Some of them have already stretched their 15 minutes of fame to 30. No need for that to become 45. B)

Guest StarBaby
Recycling reality show contestants is a bore. In one of his interviews, Will said his has wrangled an interview with the TAR producers to pitch him and Boog coming on the show, I hope they get rejected.

Different type of game, we need different people

Generally, I would agree, but remember ROMBER?? They were awesome on TAR! And I didn't even like them on Survivor! As far as BBAS's, I could live with seeing Janelle and Will, or Janelle and Kaysar, but forget about Booger. Enough of him already!

I was a little surprised that the couple with the handicap used the early boarding pass, and also used her leg as a ploy for getting a cab when others were being turned down, didn't much care for that. I was wondering about Dade's pic also , AND, was thinkin the same about Depeche. :)

This is a reality tv show, let's keep the topic where it's important...

Are the models going to hook up with the cheerleaders or the pageant girls? I call dibs on the leftovers..

I call dibs on the leftovers..

Both girl teams are spoken for...

Mary is still open... Better get the booze goggles out!!!... :lol:

I was amazed at the total density of the team that brought water guns into the airport...can you imagine what would have happened if they hadn't pulled them out until the airport in China (and that's assuming that they somehow made it through customs with them in the U.S.)? Sheesh :rolleyes:

Mary is still open... Better get the booze goggles out!!!...

:lol::lol::lol:

ohh.. ahem... nope.. nothing to see here.. move it along.....